IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Jodorowsky & OmarProject...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 virginia

virginia

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 22-June 09
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Movies & Sound

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:44 AM

I believe we need to make Omar read this interview....
http://www.elunivers...tura/59954.html

For those non spanish speaking: it's an interview to Alejandro Jodorowsky, the guy ask him if he had some project with Omar Rodriguez Lopez, and he answer Not me, maybe he does,... I'm willing to listen.

I'll LOVE Los Hijos del Topo a Rodriguez-Lopez/Jodorowsky production!

#2 OMAR ALFREDO RODRIGUEZ LOP

OMAR ALFREDO RODRIGUEZ LOP

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined 02-December 07

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:54 AM

what?

#3 flamingo

flamingo

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Joined 11-June 07

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:02 AM

The film is not a healing art, but instead the Holy Television has softened and everything in the hands of the current global economic system, art and culture are a manifestation of Disneyland. Is convinced that the director of film and theater, performance artist and writer Alejandro Jodorowsky (Chile, 1929), an irreverent as few as almost anyone in the world has managed to cross the border with their generational and art in any format - reaching young people from origins, interests and languages. When transmitting on Channel 22 July three of his films made in this country: El Topo, The Holy Mountain and Fando and Lis, the director spoke with REFRESHMENT.

- Can we say that these three are the most personal film?

-All my films, including Holy Blood, is personal. The filmmakers do not make movies that are personal to the established film industry. That is to say who gave his testicles to the dollar. My goal is to attain consciousness. The goal is to reach them from Hollywood. For them no more a film is different from a hot-dog more. I am not a manufacturer of sausages. I keep my full creative dignity. Each work I do is a happy and painful childbirth. All my films are as personal as my releases semen in the vagina of the woman I love.

- What do you remember about that group of actors, writers and directors with such films made in Mexico?

-Do not remember, relive and when I see my films from the bottom of my heart I thank you. Even thank the photographer (Rafael) Corkidi, who Lamontanara Sagrada by mysterious internal reasons, I hated. For each image I admire your miraculous talent given to me. I was the father of Fando and Lis, El Topo and The Holy Mountain. Corkide was the mother (I must say, a mother a little neurotic). I also thank Federico Landeros true saint, who with humility and love helped me to mount the images. Without it, no film would be what I believe.

- Is still the idea of making the second part of "El Topo"?

Of course. Still struggle to achieve the necessary capital. Industry prevents me from doing so: my films are not "television." To ensure that my achievements have aliarme or crazy, or crooks. If any fool willing to lose money or some clever thief reads this interview, I propose that, for my reasonable price of 10% of anything (like what I get from my earlier films), is a goal of producing children Topo.

- What has changed so much easier to make movies?

Nothing has changed. Before it was difficult, almost impossible. Today is the same. The film is directed at adults, children and dumb children. No longer a healing art. Santa Television has softened everything. And the monstrous ego of the "stars" has become an exhibitionist fucking ground. The world economic system has turned to art, culture, a manifestation of Disneyland. Pronto walk all sweetened with a pacifier in the mouth.

- What kind of movie is?

-I am not going to the movies: there is plenty to smell farts. I see DVD on my TV giant. Prefer Eastern cinema, Japanese, Thai and South Korea, because I do not know the players and then believe in his characters. How to believe in a hero with carota archiconocida chingue of his mother a "star" egomaníaca?

- Usually watch his films?

Not much. It hurts me soul in me or my children or my lovers turned into ghosts.

- Why are the new generations to their conferences, see their movies?

"I attribute that to which I was honest, I sent the horn system, which I gave to jump us, through YOU. I never sold it. Risked my life in art. Do not put my tongue into the hole in the back of institutions that provide scholarships. I stopped thinking that the stories were heart-ass and the most interesting. I changed my faith in the political revolutions of faith in the re-evolution of poetry. Because I insisted that if you can not change the world, we must begin to change.

- What do you think that young people are fans of their children?

-We are all fans of children, because all the important characters were mothers and fathers. Christian prayer is the Our Father. Mystics being understood that all children, we are all brothers, my children are my brothers. And they're not mine, are the world. But get out masks! Joy infinitely celebrate their triumphs. And if successful it may be because higher educated.

- How is moving back with his "King Shot"? Is Marilyn Manson?

By a strange fate, many rockers chose me as pseudo-guru. To them and my name is Alejandro but not Acercandro. I was a friend of Lennon, Peter Gabriel. Today I am of Erykah Badu, Marilyn Manson. If King Shot film, Manson will be a cannibal father of 300 years.

His son Adam, has been a provocative scene in the musical Do you remember how you were in your youth, when lifted many Mexican reactions in the theater?

Tigre-born son of scratches.

- Do you have a project with Omar Rodriguez of The Mars Volta?

I do not. With your question I have just learned. But maybe he should have that project. I am very willing to listen.

- When was the last time you did a performance? What did then?

Before yesterday gave a lecture to a thousand people in front of a former mental hospital in northern Italy. Acts of social psicomagia. Today my performance was to answer these questions a short removed. The finished drawing of the inside of my heart to stir a Mexican flag shouting: Viva Mexico! I put tears in their eyes knowing that the Holy Television dares pass my films. Perhaps something is changing. I hope reborn, I want viewers to know that not even a penny earned. I have 10% of nothing and a thousand percent pleasure creator.

#4 rfeprod

rfeprod

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Joined 21-February 05

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:25 AM

The clumsiness of that translation is excellent... It kind of adds to Jodorowsky's mystique; I say that in all seriousness. I'm a huge fan of his work... I really hope he directs another movie before he dies.

#5 redmischief

redmischief

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 15-September 05

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

Thank you for this.

That would be fucking incredible.

The 2 people in the world I consider my "heroes" collaborating? Yes, please.

#6 somber_vertigo

somber_vertigo

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • Joined 09-April 05

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

Wait, wait, wait...

You guys (who've been here a while) remember that interview with Cedric where the journalist asked him if they would like to work with Jodorowsky? Cedric said that Omar sent AJ some emails and "camped out in front of his house until the maid had to ask him to leave." But here, AJ says that he doesn't know Omar. Maybe he didn't make a decent enough impression on Jodo.

#7 sangreobscura

sangreobscura

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Joined 29-June 06
  • Myspace

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

ashe

yes yes yall.

i love that man!

#8 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Wait, wait, wait...

You guys (who've been here a while) remember that interview with Cedric where the journalist asked him if they would like to work with Jodorowsky? Cedric said that Omar sent AJ some emails and "camped out in front of his house until the maid had to ask him to leave." But here, AJ says that he doesn't know Omar. Maybe he didn't make a decent enough impression on Jodo.

Besides camping outisde Jodo's home, Omar sent him an email, which Jodo answered, but I can't remember the answer. Jodo never sent an affirmative response though, and never returned emails to Omar.
An interviewer told Omar: Jodo said he never heard of The Mars Volta or Omar. To which Omar said: He's a lier, (he laughed) he knows who we are, he probably doesn't like our music

Something like that to avoid missuderstundings.

Anyways, let's spread this interview so, Omar know about this and if he is still interested and if everything works fine: WE'LL BE LISTENING/WATCHING SOMETHING REALLY EPIC :notworthy:

#9 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

Streben nach dem Unendlichen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8493 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

^^^ indeed!!!

#10 DespoticSavior

DespoticSavior

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 24-May 07

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

Jodorowsky and Erykah Badu?

Whoa. Badu is getting too cool for school these days.

#11 Pluto Puppy

Pluto Puppy

น้องฟ้า

• Members
  • 6433 posts
  • Joined 14-March 05
  • Interests:Talking in my sleep, going to Indiana Jones themed parties and beating up midgets.
  • Facebook

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Erykah Badu has always been cool.

#12 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

• Members
  • 8493 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

imagine this:

film directed by Jodorowsky based upon 100 years of solitude and music by Omar Rodriguez Lopez.

I would die

#13 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 13742 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

That would be so fucking bizarre.

#14 Ornament

Ornament

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1135 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

This would be absolutely incredible.

#15 ArtDamage

ArtDamage

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts
  • Joined 22-September 07
  • Interests:my band: www.myspace.com/agprix<br />for fans of volta, tsoaf, circa survive, maps and atlases, fall of troy, coheed, etc.

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:15 AM

"I am not a manufacturer of sausages. I keep my full creative dignity. Each work I do is a happy and painful childbirth. All my films are as personal as my releases semen in the vagina of the woman I love."

fuck yeah

#16 DespoticSavior

DespoticSavior

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 24-May 07

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

Erykah Badu has always been cool.

100% true but now shes too cool for school.

#17 gloomydirge

gloomydirge

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 22-September 08

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

I finally got round to seeing El Topo last week. All I can say is WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN!!! any suggestions on which one I should watch next?

#18 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

I finally got round to seeing El Topo last week. All I can say is WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN!!! any suggestions on which one I should watch next?

Santa Sangre

"Yo quiero hacerte, con mis lágrimas un, collar de perlas" (the scene where phoenix is playing piano with his mother)
You have to watch it.

That's my fav movie from Jodorowsky, intelligent, so touching, excellent acting, excelent music, the end of the movie, I really loved it. :notworthy:

#19 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

• Members
  • 8493 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

I just finished The Holy Mountain ... gonna watch Santa Sangre tonight....all I can say is that Jodorowsky goes beyond art

#20 gloomydirge

gloomydirge

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 22-September 08

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

Santa Sangre

"Yo quiero hacerte, con mis lágrimas un, collar de perlas" (the scene where phoenix is playing piano with his mother)
You have to watch it.

That's my fav movie from Jodorowsky, intelligent, so touching, excellent acting, excelent music, the end of the movie, I really loved it. :notworthy:

cheers, shall took a look, i am looking forward to it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users