IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

(#028) Saber, Querer, Osar y Callar2012/06/20

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#61 iorch82

iorch82

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 01-January 10

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

just noticed that "Spellbound" was played at that 2012 metamorphose show , "When heart beats in time"

#62 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6868 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

Yep, they've actually been playing that song since December last year.

#63 Grania

Grania

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 03-April 11

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Pretty nice release. Omar's sounding more like Davendra Banhart, but at the same time finding his own electronic style.
I miss instrumental releases though

#64 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

Compartir rocks ! I love the little melody, but Omar vocals are kind of over all the sounds though

#65 hughesta

hughesta

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

Angel Hair is in my top ten songs of all time.

#66 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4665 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Crazy stuff....folks I think we're witnessing Omar's "major" phase. His songs seem to be taking a turn away from the dark, aggressive palette of albums like Calibration and AMD and moving into sunnier, happier, introspective/reflective, melodic territory. Still, it has that signature Omar twisted-ness. The one thing I'm having a hard time adjusting to is Omar's vocals, with the heavy reverb and breathing and stuff. I absolutely love the glitchy, sampled vocals on 'Home Lost'.

#67 Denton

Denton

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 07-August 08

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Does 1:31 in Compartir distort really badly, or is it just me? It doesn't sound intentional.

Edit: Well, just finished. Compartir and Angel Hair are current favourites. Some of the more guitar-centric pieces remind me of Boris' 'Mabuta no Ura'. I think it's the breathy vocals mostly. It gives them, to me at least, the feeling of warm Summer air. Shame that in reality it's raining every other day where I am.

#68 Deni

Deni

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • Joined 20-November 05
  • Interests:LEGO, Music, Marketing, Movies

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

I've just waked up and I saw notification on my facebook wall. great, I've said! :biggrin:

but the second I've clicked play I knew this was another electronic album, pointless if you ask me.

i'm really not a huge fan of electronic music and all of these songs sound the same to me. I was digging the vibe on "Un corazon de nadie" but this one, just doesn't sound any different than previous release.

I really really hope he won't release 13 albums recorded in the same season.

Where are the promissed releases? We should be really pissed of if we don't get those tele' announced records

PS Spellbound is pretty good

#69 jticchi

jticchi

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Keep listening Deni, theres more guitar on it as it goes on, its more of a hybrid album, or electronic with guitar parts. At least check out the last track.

Summer solstice 2012 Omar album release. :biggrin:

Ha, its winter solstice here. Its a really cold, rainy miserable day. Made my day to come home and hear this.

#70 Deni

Deni

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • Joined 20-November 05
  • Interests:LEGO, Music, Marketing, Movies

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

I've listened to whole thing. I like the songs with more classic instruments, but overall, this is getting pretty borring even now, after the 2nd release
more colors! more ideas! more different sounds! :starwars:

#71 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6868 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Some of it sounds pretty similar to Corazon, but overall I'd say it's a pretty fresh and unique sounding album. I think you're just biased against electronic music; in my opinion he's been greatly expanding his sound palette with all of this electronic music he's been making (or in this case a hybrid between electronic and instrumental, music isn't always black and white). You say you want more ideas and more different sounds, but at the same time you want him to limit himself to using "real" instruments.

#72 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Best Omar Record. And i'm not even Fucking joking.

I'm getting closer to this idea....

#73 SolarGambling69

SolarGambling69

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
  • Interests:Kantutan

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I've just waked up and I saw notification on my facebook wall. great, I've said! :biggrin:

but the second I've clicked play I knew this was another electronic album, pointless if you ask me.

i'm really not a huge fan of electronic music and all of these songs sound the same to me. I was digging the vibe on "Un corazon de nadie" but this one, just doesn't sound any different than previous release.

I really really hope he won't release 13 albums recorded in the same season.

Where are the promissed releases? We should be really pissed of if we don't get those tele' announced records

PS Spellbound is pretty good

"We should be really pissed" boohoo what are you, fan with a misplaced sense of entitlement? And regarding the Telesterion "albums", there never was any information of them being albums. Be glad that Omar is releasing new stuff again, I do't want the 2011 drought if any OR-L material to happen again. Stop fucking complaining and enjoy the ride.

PS Angel Hair is my favorite off this album. Deantoni Parks really changed Omar, IMO :walkman:

#74 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Deantoni Parks really changed Omar, IMO :walkman:

I agree.

#75 Denton

Denton

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 07-August 08

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Whilst I agree, it is worth noting that Woman Gives Birth to Tomato! was definitely confirmed as being a real album because someone asked Cathy about it on Formspring, and Sonny Kay has definitely confirmed that The Somnambulists is a real album. Based on the most recent information, though, there are around eleven more albums so that easily covers all the Telesterion cover images. And if not, never mind. We've had two very nice albums whatever happens.

#76 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10063 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

damn i love this album.
i can't understand how deni could say this album is boring. it's one the most versatile omar albums so far imo. it starts out like corazon, but it becomes totally different, it has VERY interesting guitars if you listen closely. sound-wise it is very varied and experimental. it's like his corazon/tychozorente style meets calibration meets early free moral agents meets smile from the streets you hold. wow, this is my new favourite. i prefer it above nocto.

#77 SolarGambling69

SolarGambling69

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
  • Interests:Kantutan

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

damn i love this album.
i can't understand how deni could say this album is boring. it's one the most versatile omar albums so far imo. it starts out like corazon, but it becomes totally different, it has VERY interesting guitars if you listen closely. sound-wise it is very varied and experimental. it's like his corazon/tychozorente style meets calibration meets early free moral agents. wow, this is my new favourite. i prefer it above nocto.

Deantoni's drumming did wonders for me. And also I'm happy with this electronic direction. If Omar kept busting out Jacob Van Lennepkade II-styled albums you'd all have fallen asleep by now.

#78 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10063 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

exactly

#79 Beckuto

Beckuto

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 01-March 12

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Great album and it's my birthday... PERFECT DAY !!!

#80 psychoshamanism

psychoshamanism

nada sin ti

• Members
  • 7800 posts
  • Joined 03-May 09

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

Great album and it's my birthday... PERFECT DAY !!!

happy birthday :gummybear:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users