IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
8509 replies to this topic

#8361 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6993 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 04:03 PM

You're a towel.

#8362 Tommo Chocolate

Tommo Chocolate

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Joined 27-April 08

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:07 PM

I don't know what that means and I also don't know why I got so worked up. I hope the sarcasm was obvious.

#8363 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 8018 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:36 PM

Just left the facebook group, Clouds Hill should have never used it as they did imo. Don't like the vibe there at all anymore.

Facebook's dead anyway, the glorious coma is obv where it's at!

#8364 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6168 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:49 PM

Spun FtM again the other day. As someone who never owned this one on vinyl prior to the boxset, the locked groove halfway through Cassandra is simply cool as fuck and I had no idea this was a thing. The one bar phrase fits perfectly into one cycle of the record. That's badass. Both times I've listened to it I let it play on a loop for like 2-3 minutes before stopping it.

Shame that there's been so much outrage over the individual release prices and the pressing issues with VMP, but I have no regrets on buying the boxset.

#8365 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9435 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:45 PM

Just left the facebook group, Clouds Hill should have never used it as they did imo. Don't like the vibe there at all anymore.
Facebook's dead anyway, the glorious coma is obv where it's at!

yea its so annoying right? I hope the next label Omar signs with after the inevitable CH fallout doesn't make the same mistake of engaging with TMV fans

#8366 s_uds

s_uds

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 15-November 15

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:21 PM

Just left the facebook group, Clouds Hill should have never used it as they did imo

What's with CH getting into the Fb group? I mean, what did they do?

#8367 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 8018 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:50 PM

I don't know, nothing really. It just felt like the vibe turned weird when someone that close to the band started using the complaining knitting circle to promote stuff. Like, "watch what you say." Plus the responses to some of the legitimate complaints left a sour taste in my mouth.

Someone else can put it better than me tbh, haha.

#8368 vacuumo

vacuumo

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 29 July 2021 - 01:34 AM

i saw this billboard, is it possibly promoting the next TMV release???

Attached File  IMG_7819.JPG   165.29KB   7 downloads

#8369 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2719 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 29 July 2021 - 02:45 AM

I don't know what that means and I also don't know why I got so worked up. I hope the sarcasm was obvious.

If it’s on facebook, it’s real bro, I know you were being serious

#8370 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2719 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 29 July 2021 - 02:53 AM

i saw this billboard, is it possibly promoting the next TMV release???

IMG_7819.JPG

Obviously! The two wheels means it’s a double album and Omar’s been spotted in santa fe, nm

#8371 vacuumo

vacuumo

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 29 July 2021 - 02:54 AM

Ok, so here's me randomly browsing the liner notes of RATM's debut, first name on the band thanks list: Juan Alderete. What's up with that?

Juan talks about his old connection with RATM in the Dean Delray "Let There Be Talk" interview.

#8372 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6306 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 29 July 2021 - 03:37 AM

Just left the facebook group, Clouds Hill should have never used it as they did imo

What's with CH getting into the Fb group? I mean, what did they do?

Johann of Clouds Hill was pretty active in the main TMV Facebook group as the boxset was being hyped.  Overall it was good vibes, but things went sour after it was discovered the advertised as 180 gram vinyl were in fact not 180 gram.  Also, a LOT of people were bitching about shipping issues which really were out of Johann's control in a lot of regards.  There was also a healthy amount of fussing over the cost of the boxset.

Johann didn't really help himself when he more or less told people to stop whining about the vinyl not being 180 gram despite it being advertised as such.  At that point Johann more or less walked away from the group.

I'll contend that Johann's reaction to the complaints about the vinyl weight was rather poor, but a lot of group members were throwing massive hissy fits and getting pretty shitty over the whole situation and the issue with shipping and cost.  

It's a bummer too because the group, more or less, was pretty decent and was a great place to educate new fans on bootlegs, the rare leaks, side projects, and band history.  Since the boxset dropped its basically shitty "it's happening" memes, people bitching over the vinyl, people whining they can't promote their band, and people endlessly talking about black midi.  

#8373 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6993 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 29 July 2021 - 05:27 AM

Ok, so here's me randomly browsing the liner notes of RATM's debut, first name on the band thanks list: Juan Alderete. What's up with that?

Juan talks about his old connection with RATM in the Dean Delray "Let There Be Talk" interview.

Many thanks.

#8374 Santino88

Santino88

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Joined 27-May 05

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:09 AM

Oh my god. I just received a confirmation that my CH Frances the Mute 3xLP has been shipped. Man, I'm so stoked and nervous! I just wish that it will arrive safely and undamaged. Tremulant EP did arrive without any damage whatsoever, but there's been so many fans and collectors complaining about that and DitC shipments arriving damaged that I'm just really nervous how this one will arrive. Being it a much thicker package, 3 LP, I really am "itchy". Well, here's to hoping it arrives safely.

#8375 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6993 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:33 AM

Maybe if you add the 3LPs together it comes out at 180g.

#8376 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6306 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 29 July 2021 - 03:09 PM

Oh my god. I just received a confirmation that my CH Frances the Mute 3xLP has been shipped. Man, I'm so stoked and nervous! I just wish that it will arrive safely and undamaged. Tremulant EP did arrive without any damage whatsoever, but there's been so many fans and collectors complaining about that and DitC shipments arriving damaged that I'm just really nervous how this one will arrive. Being it a much thicker package, 3 LP, I really am "itchy". Well, here's to hoping it arrives safely.

Not trying to be a wet blanket but many vinyl I've ordered online have come damaged.  It's an inherent risk with trusting a couple hundred people to not fuck up your piece of cardboard.

#8377 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5363 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 30 July 2021 - 01:25 AM

Why is everyone so excited about that screenshot. It could be for a solo album that gets released in 2035. I mean Cedric himself said "tmv is on, we are in studio", see where are we 2-3 years later. Same place

#8378 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6993 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 30 July 2021 - 06:55 AM

Sigh We've been through this Andrew. He didn't say that. He said they had been jamming, or words to that effect. That they'd been playing together, not that they were in the studio recording.

#8379 Santino88

Santino88

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Joined 27-May 05

Posted 30 July 2021 - 09:55 AM

Not trying to be a wet blanket but many vinyl I've ordered online have come damaged.  It's an inherent risk with trusting a couple hundred people to not fuck up your piece of cardboard.

No, you're definitely right, I now realize that my post might've sounded like I've never experienced that before, which is not true. Out of all the 150 LPs I own a vast majority was ordered online and shipped to me and of that bulk, I'd say that a good 30-40% came somewhat damaged. Most often there's a crease/seam split on either the sleeve or the jacket/gatefold and sometimes also a bent corner. And of all that, maybe 3-5 came really badly damaged. So yeah, I am used to that.

Thing is... FtM is really special to me, it's my most favourite TMV album and I've been waiting ages for an official repress to happen finally.

Alright I'll stop blabbering, haha. Will report back when it arrives. 

#8380 pehjott

pehjott

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05

Posted 30 July 2021 - 03:43 PM

Not trying to be a wet blanket but many vinyl I've ordered online have come damaged. It's an inherent risk with trusting a couple hundred people to not fuck up your piece of cardboard.
No, you're definitely right, I now realize that my post might've sounded like I've never experienced that before, which is not true. Out of all the 150 LPs I own a vast majority was ordered online and shipped to me and of that bulk, I'd say that a good 30-40% came somewhat damaged. Most often there's a crease/seam split on either the sleeve or the jacket/gatefold and sometimes also a bent corner. And of all that, maybe 3-5 came really badly damaged. So yeah, I am used to that.
Thing is... FtM is really special to me, it's my most favourite TMV album and I've been waiting ages for an official repress to happen finally.
Alright I'll stop blabbering, haha. Will report back when it arrives.

It sounds amazing,better than the original pressing although that one was already very good

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users