IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Marble Shrine needs YOU

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6166 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:35 AM

If you are not aware Sier has gotten The Marble Shrine back up and running and its looking pretty damn good.  ( http://www.themarbleshrine.com/).  In about a week I believe we will have every TMV show uploaded (there are about 7 ORLG/Volta shows to create) and available for viewing.  

What you may notice as you click through is we are missing a lot of information on some Volta shows throughout their history, especially the 2011-2012 gigs.  We REALLY need help from anyone that was there to jog their memory and recall what they heard.  Maybe you took a 30 second video that sounds totally blown out, or recorded a minute of audio.  If you have it we need it to help get these sets right and provide as much documentation for every Volta show we can.  

If you have any photos, ticket stubs, videos, or anything documenting any Volta, ORL, Vato Negro, ANTEMASQUE, ATDI, De Facto, Zechs,  etc show we need it and your contribution will help make the site as good as it can be. 

If you have concerns about being credited for contributions I am sure Sier can figure something out.  He's been adding new features as time goes on.  

If you notice any errors, typos, or bad info please let us know.  If you have ideas for how to make it better let us know.  That is how we make this the best fan website around. 

The small group of us that are working on the site have been putting in a lot of time to scrape as much information as possible, but I know there is stuff buried on your old hard drives, cameras, or phones.  

Thanks

Alex

#2 broccoli bro

broccoli bro

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 19-September 20

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:20 AM

You should post this on Reddit aswell. There's a mostly separate TMV community over there!

#3 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6166 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:30 PM

You should post this on Reddit aswell. There's a mostly separate TMV community over there!

good thinking.  I kind of always forget Reddit.  

#4 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7846 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:36 PM

Doing the lords work!

#5 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4193 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:43 PM

i have this comp of clips from the March 30th 2011 ORLG show in Boston:

i have some cell photos from the boston 08 and 09 shows as well and bosnian rainbows 2 shows up here

#6 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6166 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 03 November 2020 - 04:32 AM

Doing the lords work!

I didn't realize the lord wanted me to scrape the internet for what is a niche aughts band.  I love it though.  

#7 broccoli bro

broccoli bro

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 19-September 20

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:01 PM

Somebody just uploaded this to Youtube

#8 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6166 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:30 PM

Somebody just uploaded this to Youtube

The world always needs more 2005 Volta.

Good find

#9 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6502 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:05 PM

Doing the lords work!

I didn't realize the lord wanted me to scrape the internet for what is a niche aughts band.  I love it though.  

You're a true king amongst men, Snk.

#10 shiggityshwo

shiggityshwo

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined 20-August 08

Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:44 PM

Doing the lords work!

God works in mysterious ways

seriously though this is great my thanks to everyone involved 

#11 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 04 November 2020 - 12:01 AM

There is a lot of material that can be rescued from here: http://forum.thecoma...howtopic=129422

I think it will help. As for what I can contribute, I will be posting it, regards!

Credits to: rroseselavy

#12 broccoli bro

broccoli bro

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 19-September 20

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:47 PM

especially the 2011-2012 gigs

Those Juan, D, Omar trio shows as either Vato Negro or ORLG from that era are especially confusing to me. I can't tell apart all those instrumental jams and still don't understand how many existed and which ones were from that unreleased Vato Negro album vs. Omar solo stuff. 2012 is peak confusion when Omar both played bass with LB and had this Vato Negro thing going in between alterating TMV and ATDI tours, while people payed less and less attention.

Bosnian Rainbows made it a lot easier to follow. 1 band, 1 setlist for 1 year.

#13 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6166 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 05 November 2020 - 01:14 AM

Those Juan, D, Omar trio shows as either Vato Negro or ORLG from that era are especially confusing to me. I can't tell apart all those instrumental jams and still don't understand how many existed and which ones were from that unreleased Vato Negro album vs. Omar solo stuff. 2012 is peak confusion when Omar both played bass with LB and had this Vato Negro thing going in between alterating TMV and ATDI tours, while people payed less and less attention.

The ORLG shows aren't actually that bad from that era when we have the available info.  There were 5 Vato Negro songs from an album that would have been Omar, Juan, and Deantoni.  They also played these songs at 3 ORLG shows that were those secret volta gigs when Cedric got sick.  This gig is a great example  http://www.themarble.../show/20110402/.  I SWEAR there was a very small clip of Deantoni recording one of those tracks on youtube back in the, but I can't find it anymore.  Some of those shows were poorly documented by fans.  

The one that drives me nuts is the ORLG gig in Spain that was in between Volta and ATDI shows.  I think the whole show was pro-recorded/filmed and we only have one song from that show.   A real bummer.  http://www.themarble.../show/20120711/

#14 broccoli bro

broccoli bro

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 19-September 20

Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:17 AM

I SWEAR there was a very small clip of Deantoni recording one of those tracks on youtube back in the, but I can't find it anymore.

I have a feeling the Vato Negro Tumblr Archive could be of help to you. Lots of pics, announcements and short vids. The clip I believe you are referring to is this one (guitar in background = omar?).

#15 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 05 November 2020 - 10:49 AM

The ORLG shows aren't actually that bad from that era when we have the available info. There were 5 Vato Negro songs from an album that would have been Omar, Juan, and Deantoni. They also played these songs at 3 ORLG shows that were those secret volta gigs when Cedric got sick. This gig is a great example http://www.themarble.../show/20110402/. I SWEAR there was a very small clip of Deantoni recording one of those tracks on youtube back in the, but I can't find it anymore. Some of those shows were poorly documented by fans.

The one that drives me nuts is the ORLG gig in Spain that was in between Volta and ATDI shows. I think the whole show was pro-recorded/filmed and we only have one song from that show. A real bummer. http://www.themarble.../show/20120711/
I suspect that Barcelona recording might've been bastardized for Chocolate-Hormone-whatever album.

#16 broccoli bro

broccoli bro

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 19-September 20

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:03 AM

Chocolate is Metamorphose 2012

#17 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6166 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 05 November 2020 - 01:40 PM

I SWEAR there was a very small clip of Deantoni recording one of those tracks on youtube back in the, but I can't find it anymore.

I have a feeling the Vato Negro Tumblr Archive could be of help to you. Lots of pics, announcements and short vids. The clip I believe you are referring to is this one (guitar in background = omar?).

that is the one!  thanks.  I went through their Tumblr a few months ago. Must have missed it.  A lot of good bits in there.

#18 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 05 November 2020 - 02:21 PM

Chocolate is Metamorphose 2012

Nah, clearly a different performance.

#19 broccoli bro

broccoli bro

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 19-September 20

Posted 05 November 2020 - 03:03 PM

Interesting. So it must be from Barcelona since it has Teri on vocals, right?

#20 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:35 AM

Chocolate = Metamorphose 12 + Studio Manipulation and that shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users