IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Goliath Video

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Pinbrick

Pinbrick

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 16-February 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

I realize that this will probably be closed, but i wanted to create a new topic to just say that, even though i had my doubts, the mars volta are definitely back. that performance of goliath is fucking epic and the improv breakdown is so dope... i cant believe i ever doubted them... they seem revitalized and with a newfound energy... IS THAT MIDSONG BREAKDOWN BRAND NEW OR HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD IT BEFORE...

SHAME ON ALL WHO DOUBTED, INCLUDING MYSELF!!!!!!!!!

#2 abcdef56

abcdef56

b battaries

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10130 posts
  • Joined 24-April 04

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

so fresh and so clean

#3 Bambii

Bambii

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3492 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

Which one? The MTV performance? Hell yeah, that has got to be one of my favorite performances.

#4 Pinbrick

Pinbrick

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 16-February 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

Which one? The MTV performance? Hell yeah, that has got to be one of my favorite performances.

yea the mtv one

#5 Bambii

Bambii

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3492 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

yea the mtv one

Fuck, yeah I just saw it now. It's fantastic.

#6 Cicatrización

Cicatrización

www.umbilicalblisters.com

• Members
  • 18526 posts
  • Joined 07-February 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

Woooooooooooooo

#7 fanofjah

fanofjah

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

oh shit, thats nice.......

#8 WhoAreThePatriots

WhoAreThePatriots

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1243 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

Yeah, and ikey owned that performance, he was turned up good.

#9 fanofjah

fanofjah

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

why they have to go on a tv show to do breakdowns like this.....did they fuck up and it was a way to cover?

i noticed cedric does the "give me thaaaaaaaa" and then they go into the breakdown

#10 Cockatiel

Cockatiel

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2621 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

Im prety sure this performance was a 'one off' of sorts. They performed to their max because they knew it would be recorded and circulated like it has. The aussie bdo performance a couple years back was the same deal. I agree, I do think they're back, but I also wouldnt expect such a high quality of a performance at a regular show. As much as we would all love that, it realistically cant happen.

#11 flamingo

flamingo

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Joined 11-June 07

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

I realize that this will probably be closed, but i wanted to create a new topic to just say that, even though i had my doubts, the mars volta are definitely back. that performance of goliath is fucking epic and the improv breakdown is so dope... i cant believe i ever doubted them... they seem revitalized and with a newfound energy... IS THAT MIDSONG BREAKDOWN BRAND NEW OR HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD IT BEFORE...

SHAME ON ALL WHO DOUBTED, INCLUDING MYSELF!!!!!!!!!

sooooo happy

Posted Image

#12 3flip

3flip

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Joined 30-April 05

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

where is it?

#13 WhoAreThePatriots

WhoAreThePatriots

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1243 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:57 PM

Part 1 http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=DI1MXxk46ZM

#14 chadwickmerrywether3

chadwickmerrywether3

untitled

• Members
  • 5688 posts
  • Joined 23-May 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

why they have to go on a tv show to do breakdowns like this.....did they fuck up and it was a way to cover?

i noticed cedric does the "give me thaaaaaaaa" and then they go into the breakdown

or maybe they decided to play Goliath, already 7 minutes, even longer to piss off MTV.

TAKE THAT MTV lololojk

#15 fanofjah

fanofjah

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

or maybe they decided to play Goliath, already 7 minutes, even longer to piss off MTV.

TAKE THAT MTV lololojk

is that why ceddy took a header into the pedal board....

he looks possessed but somehow he can still get 15 year old girls to bob their heads

#16 KamratMattis

KamratMattis

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 06-July 06

http://marsvoltaswed...-pa-mtv-canada/

#17 abcdef56

abcdef56

b battaries

• Members
  • 10130 posts
  • Joined 24-April 04

http://video.google....4...98122&hl=en

#18 Cockatiel

Cockatiel

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2621 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

TAKE THAT MTV lololojk

Thats a kind of stupid way of looking at it. Not everything the band does it to piss off "the man".

If anything, mtv was rubbling their little hands together when they saw the performance. Not only did the show create hype over the band, but also mtv, in a huge way. tmv would never had done the show if their intention was to piss off mtv. regardless of what they do on the show, mtv benefits. the band knew this the whole time, but realized the benefits to them largely outweighed the benefits mtv would gain off of their performance. it works entirely both ways.

#19 Moosetrosity

Moosetrosity

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • Joined 01-November 05
  • Interests:living life to the fullest and never fucking being complacent with any and everything
  • Twitter

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

TAKE THAT MTV lololojk

Thats a kind of stupid way of looking at it. Not everything the band does it to piss off "the man".

If anything, mtv was rubbling their little hands together when they saw the performance. Not only did the show create hype over the band, but also mtv, in a huge way. tmv would never had done the show if their intention was to piss off mtv. regardless of what they do on the show, mtv benefits. the band knew this the whole time, but realized the benefits to them largely outweighed the benefits mtv would gain off of their performance. it works entirely both ways.

QFT

#20 chadwickmerrywether3

chadwickmerrywether3

untitled

• Members
  • 5688 posts
  • Joined 23-May 06

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

TAKE THAT MTV lololojk

QFT

DOODD I WAS JOKING SORRY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users