IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Red Hot Chili Peppers (RHCP)

• Please log in to reply
1295 replies to this topic

#1221 Petra

Petra

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:57 PM

Interview with Rick this week says working on a project that he can't talk about that is taking longer than expected - had some issues with recording vocals. Cool interview, though. He talks exactly like Anthony.

#1222 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5405 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:49 PM

It's probably new gnr album. Also they updated their website design for the first time since 2016. They always do that before album release

#1223 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3131 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:05 AM

Interview with Rick this week says working on a project that he can't talk about that is taking longer than expected - had some issues with recording vocals. Cool interview, though. He talks exactly like Anthony.

Where’s the interview? We don’t necessarily know it’s RHCP though it wouldn’t shock me if John was going perfectionist on vocals for example, this is his first rhcp since 2006, and man loves him some choir boy backing vocals. What other projects is Rick Rubin known to be working on right now? Know other poster above mentioned Guns N’ Roses - didn’t know he was bothering with putting himself in that mess…

#1224 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5405 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:45 AM

If they had problems with vocals it would have to be Anthony. John does vocals after Anthony and it probably never takes much time.

#1225 Santino88

Santino88

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Joined 27-May 05

Posted 21 July 2021 - 07:42 AM

Where’s the interview?

I believe Petra is referring to Marc Maron's WTF Podcast? You can find it anywhere you get podcasts (Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, etc.).

WTF is great, been listening regularly since 2012.

#1226 pehjott

pehjott

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05

Posted 21 July 2021 - 12:17 PM

If they had problems with vocals it would have to be Anthony. John does vocals after Anthony and it probably never takes much time.

Yeah,John forced anthony to rewrite the vocals and also not to use autotune,so it takes way longer...

#1227 Petra

Petra

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:43 PM

Where’s the interview? We don’t necessarily know it’s RHCP though it wouldn’t shock me if John was going perfectionist on vocals for example, this is his first rhcp since 2006, and man loves him some choir boy backing vocals. What other projects is Rick Rubin known to be working on right now? Know other poster above mentioned Guns N’ Roses - didn’t know he was bothering with putting himself in that mess…[/quote]

As stated above it's Marc Maron's podcast. He said he's working on 5 projects right now. He never mentions any names. It's not even news just me assuming. It is pretty funny how much Rick and Anthony talk alike, though.

#1228 Petra

Petra

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:05 PM

They did update their website. No news but action is a good sign as they are known for very little website action.

#1229 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5405 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:55 PM

In 2011 they updated their website less than a month before album announcement. In 2016 they actually updated it after the album was already released

#1230 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5405 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:58 PM

You know they have to have some kind of a promo if they gonna release an album this year. Flea said they don't wanna play any internet shows because first John gig should be in front of the audience. Why not both? They could do small capacity clubs for friends, family and vips like they did in 2011 and maybe do an online stream of that. Foo fighters play full gigs no problem

#1231 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3131 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:44 PM

You know they have to have some kind of a promo if they gonna release an album this year. Flea said they don't wanna play any internet shows because first John gig should be in front of the audience. Why not both? They could do small capacity clubs for friends, family and vips like they did in 2011 and maybe do an online stream of that. Foo fighters play full gigs no problem

I do agree - imo they could do small promo shows this year and put the album out vs waiting until next year. Do the big shows next year, it’s no big deal.

Started listening to Rick on Maron - good listen in general and no real way of knowing if he is or is not talking about RHCP, we just know it’s a project he’s working on and not crazy to assume it’s one of the ones on a deadline…..like I said, if it was John and Rick challenging and pushing to make vocals better, good on them, love the dedication to pushing for better. I’m so beyond excited for what this album could be just not knowing at all what frusciante will be like in a rock context after all this time and thinking it honestly wouldn’t happen again

#1232 Petra

Petra

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 31 August 2021 - 10:34 PM

https://www.webisjer...800-rick-rubin/

#1233 Petra

Petra

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 31 August 2021 - 10:35 PM

Finishing up new album. If you like Stadium Arcadium you might like it.

#1234 logos

logos

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3360 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted 01 September 2021 - 12:47 AM

I do like Stadium Arcadium so I might like it.

#1235 Petra

Petra

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 01 September 2021 - 01:23 AM

Yeah....might.

#1236 Petra

Petra

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 01 September 2021 - 01:24 AM

42:30 or so about new album. 1hr 15 for the SA reference.

#1237 Petra

Petra

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 01 September 2021 - 04:00 AM

#1238 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5405 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 02 September 2021 - 07:49 AM

What they say pre album usually has nothing to do with how the album sounds. Remember how they said by the way is gonna be punk and SA is gonna be bssm 2.0

#1239 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 14472 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:01 PM

I think I still haven't given The Getaway a proper chance

#1240 Santino88

Santino88

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Joined 27-May 05

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:36 PM

I did, couple of times, and it's by far the least interesting RHCP album to me. Something about it just doesn't click. I'm not a fan of IWY either, but that one, I don't know... I tend to like IWY just a tad bit more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users