IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

LP5 and LP6 (almost?) recordedOmar talks about Obama and his political ideas on previous albums

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61 frodolinho

frodolinho

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

haha, good one

#62 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2657 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

also - I think we all want more official volta news....We hardly get anything here now - I know the band is busy-- and probably hates whiny fans - but we are not whiny fans! we are the core of the volta- we are the ones that will buy every cd. We are the ones that give the volta power. We are the ones that try to convert everyone we know to tmv. thats all.

Posted Image

LOL!

#63 Gemini_

Gemini_

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 30-June 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

>_>'

other than that great news.

#64 jtbond0116

jtbond0116

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 13-October 08

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

Goddamnit! I've been reading bullshit like this for about a year now. If it's finished fucking put it out. If your going to say its recorded, then make sure you don't have to wrap up some vocal tracks or some bullshit. They've been saying it's been finished for days. LIES! Volta news is so fucking dry it's insane that this board manages to function on the minimal level it does at present. Throw me a frickin' bone here man. give us a title. say something about it.

This shit is getting irritating.

I'm with you on this one.

As am I.

And it's this time, EVERY year there's going to be a new album that I come on and tell you idiots to calm the fuck down and remind you all that there's this band called "Tool" that releases albums every five fucking years. FIVE YEARS! Do you think their fans were acting like this 12 months and 1 week after "Lateralus" or "10,000 Days" were released? I highly, highly doubt it. And you lot are expecting LP5 by this lot to be DONE and OUT RIGHT NOW!...? Give me a fucking break. Go listen to some other bands! There are thousands upon thousands of them out there! The Mars Volta is not the only one in existence!

I'm with you ... I'm a Rage Against The Machine fan. Talk about some bullshit..
Hey I'm Zack de la Rocha and Tom Morello.. let's just get Rage back together with no intention of making a new album.. oh ok. Hope the fans don't mind too much.
As Volta fans I think we are pretty spoiled.. and once they split with Universal I think we can expect more albums at a faster pace than now.

I disagree with that too....I think RATM's album career is complete right now...tho another badass album would be extra nice....whose to say they wouldn't make a St. Anger....I know I know....I doubt that would happen....but you see where I'm coming from. Also - if the guys didn't want to make and album then what can ya do!!! Its better they didn't in this case. Also - did you see the any of the reunion shows??! I saw the coachella show - it was f'n unbelievably good. I never even would've thought they would get back together much less record a new album.

Volta fans aren't spoiled....they just want their dose....also - we all know what tmv is capable of - it isn't selfish to want the new album come out since we know that it is ready or close. and asking for one album a year isn't selfish or too demanding since we all know they are completely capable of this - esp. since we all have read that omar wants to release "4" a year

I would seriously hope they didnt make a St. Anger esque album.. I understand where you are coming from though. All I am saying is that compared to a lot of other bands TMV are constantly working and pumping out new music and albums.. whereas compared to ZDLR who popped out a Rage album about every 4 years.. or the solo album that has yet to come out. Hell.. One Day As A Lion was supposed to have a full cd out by November wasn't it?

I was at Coachella too.. that was a badass show.
I guess not spoiled.. Volta fans are just lucky because we get new music pretty often.

#65 IVeilCerpinTaxtI

IVeilCerpinTaxtI

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Interests:Drums, Bass, Music...
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:18 AM

Goddamnit! I've been reading bullshit like this for about a year now. If it's finished fucking put it out. If your going to say its recorded, then make sure you don't have to wrap up some vocal tracks or some bullshit. They've been saying it's been finished for days. LIES! Volta news is so fucking dry it's insane that this board manages to function on the minimal level it does at present. Throw me a frickin' bone here man. give us a title. say something about it.

This shit is getting irritating.

I'm with you on this one.

As am I.

And it's this time, EVERY year there's going to be a new album that I come on and tell you idiots to calm the fuck down and remind you all that there's this band called "Tool" that releases albums every five fucking years. FIVE YEARS! Do you think their fans were acting like this 12 months and 1 week after "Lateralus" or "10,000 Days" were released? I highly, highly doubt it. And you lot are expecting LP5 by this lot to be DONE and OUT RIGHT NOW!...? Give me a fucking break. Go listen to some other bands! There are thousands upon thousands of them out there! The Mars Volta is not the only one in existence!

I'm with you ... I'm a Rage Against The Machine fan. Talk about some bullshit..
Hey I'm Zack de la Rocha and Tom Morello.. let's just get Rage back together with no intention of making a new album.. oh ok. Hope the fans don't mind too much.
As Volta fans I think we are pretty spoiled.. and once they split with Universal I think we can expect more albums at a faster pace than now.

I disagree with that too....I think RATM's album career is complete right now...tho another badass album would be extra nice....whose to say they wouldn't make a St. Anger....I know I know....I doubt that would happen....but you see where I'm coming from. Also - if the guys didn't want to make and album then what can ya do!!! Its better they didn't in this case. Also - did you see the any of the reunion shows??! I saw the coachella show - it was f'n unbelievably good. I never even would've thought they would get back together much less record a new album.

Volta fans aren't spoiled....they just want their dose....also - we all know what tmv is capable of - it isn't selfish to want the new album come out since we know that it is ready or close. and asking for one album a year isn't selfish or too demanding since we all know they are completely capable of this - esp. since we all have read that omar wants to release "4" a year

Could you imagine RATM continuing to tour and play the same songs over and over though? That'd be really fucking boring.

And honestly, yes...you all should stop complaining about the speed in which we're getting albums. As of right now, if there's no TMV album about to be released, we're still lucky to get some Omar albums...and then Zech's albums....and then Free Moral Agents albums...and so on. The list continues. You guys are seriously trying to push these people to death. Yet at the same time, many of you contradict yourselves by saying that the band should slow down to make higher quality music. In my opinion, they just need to keep doing what they're already doing because they already have their shit together and their system is spot on.

#66 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

You guys are being retarded now...none of your comparison's or conclusions have any logic....your replies waver in the wind and don't stand for much. We all want the fucking volta album...it has nothing to do with tool or rage against the machine....we know the mars volta album is done and I want to hear it. We won't due to all of the corporate bullshit. I don't care about marketing or what omar has to say about anything...I just want to hear the damned music. That is what matters and thats what everyone wants. Hopefully when the contract is over I won't have to wait for a label/distribution to take photos, advertise, and build the hype.

#67 IVeilCerpinTaxtI

IVeilCerpinTaxtI

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3317 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Interests:Drums, Bass, Music...
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

You guys are being retarded now...none of your comparison's or conclusions have any logic....your replies waver in the wind and don't stand for much. We all want the fucking volta album...it has nothing to do with tool or rage against the machine....we know the mars volta album is done and I want to hear it. We won't due to all of the corporate bullshit. I don't care about marketing or what omar has to say about anything...I just want to hear the damned music. That is what matters and thats what everyone wants. Hopefully when the contract is over I won't have to wait for a label/distribution to take photos, advertise, and build the hype.

We don't know for sure that the album is completely finished. And I hope Omar decided to push it back just to piss you off. There's so much other music out there. Find a way to amuse yourself. Heck, go out and make your own damn music.

#68 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Once again your logic is rubbish. Just fuck off already.

#69 Denton

Denton

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 07-August 08

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

Attitude won't make it come any faster.

There's no lack of logic in saying you have no choice BUT to wait.

#70 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

I don't have an attitude -- people say things on here they would never say to an individuals face -- you internet nerds seem to get very ballsy hiding behind your comp. .

I'm not talking about other bands nor my own music. I'm speaking of TMV - the new album is finished and I would like to hear it. I don't care about marketing or any of the corporate bullshit. Period. So stop directing your posts to me.

#71 Metrognomes

Metrognomes

"reverse the polarity of the neutron flow."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7483 posts
  • Joined 19-March 07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

wait until we have news about it.

WAIT DAMNIT

everybody else is.

quit your bitching please. :starwars:

#72 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

not bitching ----someone else decided to explain what I needed to do....I know we can't speed up the process ---I just want to know where the process is?!

there is a seperate thread requesting news...it would be nice if every member simply wrote..."we want official news" and left the bs on other threads

#73 Denton

Denton

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 07-August 08

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

Obviously we want news - this is a board for fans of the band. People keep buying their records so they know we exist. Seems kind of redundant having all of us say we want news, doesn't it?

#74 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

I don't have an attitude

Impossible; what you mean is that you don't have a 'bad' attitude (which you do anyway)

people say things on here they would never say to an individuals face -- you internet nerds seem to get very ballsy hiding behind your comp.

This includes you, so don't direct it at others

I'm speaking of TMV - the new album is finished and I would like to hear it. I don't care about marketing or any of the corporate bullshit. Period. So stop directing your posts to me.

Looks like someone's on theirs

TMV is not the only band to ever exist, I wouldn't mind if LP5 didn't come out for 5 years, I can keep myself pre-occupied

#75 90adZAP

90adZAP

Has a crush on Lisa Mullins

• Members
  • 7286 posts
  • Joined 17-March 07
  • Interests:Running<br />Listening to music<br />Writing music<br />Pondering the universe<br />Going to school<br />Eating food
  • Facebook

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

It is interesting how this thread can cause conflict.
we all want the new album, whether it is done or not.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
As for finding another band. I have, I like other bands. I even get into them and stop listening to the volta as much. Then I listen to a Mars Volta song and I'm like, WTF, THIS SHIT'S GOOOOOD!!!!
So I'm back into them.
They just keep sucking me back in.

#76 AngelsThanatos

AngelsThanatos

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 18-July 08

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

I'm trying not to actively think about when the album's coming out; I will go insane if I do that. I'm occupying myself with other albums for the moment.

I suggest you scrape the sand out of your vagina, brw004, and do the same.

#77 Denton

Denton

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 07-August 08

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:08 AM

There are lots of other good albums coming out soon anyway - not just this one. All the corporate stuff is silly for sure, but it's the last time we have to put up with it so it doesn't really matter.

Hell, I don't have The Empyrean yet anyway.

#78 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

perhaps if LP5 was out, we wouldn't be such susceptible!
if i should run into omar some day while shopping in NY, i'll bark at him!

wWwWARFFF!!!

#79 cragget

cragget

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1821 posts
  • Joined 24-April 05

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

I don't have an attitude --

*sigh* Yes, you do. It's cranky, and bad. Now go outside.

#80 Catafalque7

Catafalque7

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 01-October 08

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:37 AM

I'm really just wondering about LP7 at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users