IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Circa SurviveNew album, Nov 2014

• Please log in to reply
749 replies to this topic

#21 kineticlops lol

kineticlops lol

[____________________]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts
  • Joined 04-March 04
  • Interests:varied

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

I've only heard that one song by circa survive...  I like most of it, but certain parts of it bug me a bit.  Kinda like most of his songs... I always have one little pet peeve about them.   But overall I enjoy his stuff and I think his voice is quite enjoyable

both circa survive and sounds of animals fighting are too similar to saosin though, and I thought he left saosin to pursue his own musical interests

View Post

you've probably just been smokin' but i don't know how these three bands are related musically...and circa survive sounds nothing like tmv either...

...and yeah, i really liked the circa survive cd at first listen, but now, i dunno, i'll have to listen to it some more...it's lacking some energy, and that's usually the thing i treasure most in music

View Post

Haha, yeah I don't hold that opinion at all anymore. the sounds of animals fighting sounds pretty much nothing like saosin, but that one circa survive song 'handshakes at sunrise' still to me sounds like it could just as easily be a softer saosin song...i mean it had screaming and everything. But none of the songs on Juturna really sound at all like 'handshakes at sunrise'... i was kinda surprised to not see that on the album or to hear at least one song with a scream or two in it

i need to give juturna another listen too. And yeah it does lack energy.. it really needs at least one song to mix it up a bit. All the songs kinda have that same lull vibe to em

#22 motherprussia

motherprussia

Creep/Weirdo

• Members
  • 18340 posts
  • Joined 22-September 03
  • Interests:Peter Gabriel, buttplugs, interracial marriage, banjos, soft serve ice cream, Wal-Greens, independent trucking, Andrew Johnson, Cheerios, Deep Woods OFF, wool scarves, repetition, hobbies, lace, red pepper flakes, pine forest scent
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

you've probably just been smokin' but i don't know how these three bands are related musically...and circa survive sounds nothing like tmv either...

View Post

anthony green sings in all of them. and they still don't have anything to do with the mars volta.

View Post

dude, i said "musically" meaning not-vocally...i'm the guy who made the sound of animal's fighting thread, too, so i'd think i'd know something about anthony green's bands...thank you and goodnight

#23 havock

havock

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2609 posts
  • Joined 29-January 05

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:35 AM

Ugh, I love saosin and TSOAF, but this is just...lacking.

#24 hijackthedisco

hijackthedisco

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Joined 11-December 03

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:38 AM

too much vocal double tracking

View Post

#25 Hard-tongue

Hard-tongue

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 02-March 05

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:38 AM

So annoying. God damn. This girl made me download an mp3 by them (not sure of the title) and that voice just pissed me off. They seem too girly for me

View Post

Dude...your on a fan site for THE MARS VOLTA!!!.........and you don't like girly, high-pitched voices?

#26 havock

havock

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2609 posts
  • Joined 29-January 05

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:41 AM

Pfft

Cedric sounds like a mans man.

#27 Hard-tongue

Hard-tongue

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 02-March 05

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:44 AM

Pfft

Cedric sounds like a mans man.

View Post

Yeah with his manly girl pants on. lol. Just kidding, wear girl pants too.

#28 Hard-tongue

Hard-tongue

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 02-March 05

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:51 AM

I started listening to The Sound of Animals Fighting a while back, then I saw a link that led to a forum here and not too many people liked them and I don't see why. I absolutely love them. A lot of the structure of the music in places is as complicated as TMV's. I'll admit I don't like his voice when he screams either, and while I haven't heard much of Saosin or Circa Survive (what I have heard I don't like) TSOAF is a great band and quickly becoming one of my favorites.

P.S. I think everyone should give him more credit for his voice. While I do think Cedric has a much better voice and I do love it, he doesn't have anywhere near the best either.

#29 motherprussia

motherprussia

Creep/Weirdo

• Members
  • 18340 posts
  • Joined 22-September 03
  • Interests:Peter Gabriel, buttplugs, interracial marriage, banjos, soft serve ice cream, Wal-Greens, independent trucking, Andrew Johnson, Cheerios, Deep Woods OFF, wool scarves, repetition, hobbies, lace, red pepper flakes, pine forest scent
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:03 AM

um, well, there's a lot of people here who like the sound of animals fighting...and there are a lot of people who do like his voice around here, they're just not in this thread

#30 histarising

histarising

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1674 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Singer for the band Feral Yell.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

Bought the album... i like it.

there, Beau gets right to the point.

#31 havock

havock

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2609 posts
  • Joined 29-January 05

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:32 AM

Maybe I just have to be in the mood. It all just kind of blends into the same thing, I get bored.

#32 motherprussia

motherprussia

Creep/Weirdo

• Members
  • 18340 posts
  • Joined 22-September 03
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:27 AM

View Post

beau is a good man, he needs to be around here more often

#33 Stalktheground11

Stalktheground11

The Bling Bling Voyager Version 3.2

• Members
  • 14170 posts
  • Joined 11-November 03
  • Interests:ROLLERBLADING

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:09 AM

I saw them today at an in-store performance. They only played five songs - I went not owning or having listened to any of their material before, but having listened to the Sound of Animals Fighting. I have to say that I liked it considering I hadn't heard them before, but some aspects of their "sound" feel a little tired to me - I still think I'll stick to the other band. And Anthony Green really comes across as full of himself. I mean, I went in with the expectation of not really liking his voice (and I think it mars certain aspects of the other band), but believe me, his jokes absolutely missed - they weren't even bad enough to crack a smile - and the entire time he just had this annoying half-assed smirk on his face. Don't get me wrong - he's cute enough for even me to want a piece of the action, but the entire time I didn't really feel that much into it and its partly because of aforesaid reasons. Overall, the band had a fair amount of energy but nothing too off the wall or exciting to get me really riled up. I'm glad that I saw them though. I probably would've regretted it had I not gone (and one of the guys from Hot Cross was there).

Still, I'm more of a Sounds of Animals Fighting, by far...

#34 LDOS

LDOS

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • Joined 25-November 03

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:01 AM

I don't know why people are hating on this album. It really needs to be listened to a few times before it hits you, especially on headphones. The way the instruments compliment Anthonys Green's voice is just gorgeous. I will admit it is really laid back so you might need to sorta be in the mood to listen to it.

#35 toxicsludgeboy

toxicsludgeboy

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:53 AM

every time i see Circa Survive, i think Cirque du Soleil.

#36 havock

havock

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2609 posts
  • Joined 29-January 05

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:20 PM

Hmm, I keep coming back to this. Not sure why, but I'm guessing it's slowly growing on me.

#37 toxicsludgeboy

toxicsludgeboy

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:42 AM

i got Juturna in the mail on friday from interpunk with a signed poster. for $8 it was quite a deal, and i dig the album.

#38 Cicatriz71088

Cicatriz71088

MR. HATE!!!!!!

• Members
  • 6210 posts
  • Joined 11-March 05
  • Interests:Music is my number one passion in life, after that is film. Other than that I like to write a lot, I like to paint and I like to be creative in anyway possible.

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

i like them

#39 histarising

histarising

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1674 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Singer for the band Feral Yell.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:57 PM

View Post

beau is a good man, he needs to be around here more often

View Post

well thanks. I don't have the internet at my apartment, so its rare i get to use it.

And i will have a new band project coming along shortly.

- Beau Baxter Rosser

#40 trexler

trexler

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:28 AM

i like this band...i plan on seeing them later this month...but apparently they suck live? we'll see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users