IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

King Crimsonyour favourite album?

• Please log in to reply
2242 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favourite KC album? (208 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favourite KC album?

1. In The Court Of The Crimson King (69 votes [35.03%])

Percentage of vote: 35.03%

2. In The Wake Of Poseidon (3 votes [1.52%])

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

3. Lizard (6 votes [3.05%])

Percentage of vote: 3.05%

4. Islands (6 votes [3.05%])

5. Larks\' Tongues In Aspic (22 votes [11.17%])

Percentage of vote: 11.17%

6. Starless And Bible Black (7 votes [3.55%])

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

7. Red (55 votes [27.92%])

Percentage of vote: 27.92%

8. Discipline (13 votes [6.60%])

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

9. Beat (6 votes [3.05%])

10. Three Of A Perfect Pair (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Vrooom (1 votes [0.51%])

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

12. Thrak (4 votes [2.03%])

Percentage of vote: 2.03%

13. The ConstruKtion Of Light (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

14. The Power To Believe (5 votes [2.54%])

Percentage of vote: 2.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#2241 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted Yesterday, 01:53 AM

To the point of a 2017 video release....we know every show was filmed so it’s possible 1 of 2 things happens:

A: compilation video of all of 2017. Band picks their favorite performance of every song from 2017 and they combine that into one super video. Con here is that it would in no way be a “full concert”, but rather a compiled collection of stuff.

B: Mexico shows plus bonus of the fall 2017 new tracks. In this scenario they do what they did with radical action where they pick their favorite of the Mexican shows and sprinkle in performances from the other Mexico shows so that it is a more consistent video as it’s all filmed in the same venue and over the course of the 5 shows they did play every song that was in repertoire for the first leg of 2017. Then as bonus tracks you do video of the “new” songs that got added to the repertoire for fall 2017.

I like option B the most, but could see option A happening. With Vienna now scheduled for April 6, have to assume that if and when this proposed release happens, it would be around the start of the tour in mid June or in time for the second leg of touring in the fall....we shall see! The band does tend to like to have new product available when they go on tour....

#2242 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3574 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 AM

I think i wasnt clear. One guy was doing a Q&A on a show and David Singleton CONFIRMED that mexico 2017 is prepared for a dvd. Im pretty sure radical action was 100% japan. For the video they need the stage to look the same. Thats why they play in the same venue five times in a row.

So option B that is, but im not sure we will get a video or even audio of breathless/discipline/moonchild

If the timeline ia right, we're gonna get the dvd around july/august/september 2018

#2243 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 PM

I think i wasnt clear. One guy was doing a Q&A on a show and David Singleton CONFIRMED that mexico 2017 is prepared for a dvd. Im pretty sure radical action was 100% japan. For the video they need the stage to look the same. Thats why they play in the same venue five times in a row.

So option B that is, but im not sure we will get a video or even audio of breathless/discipline/moonchild

If the timeline ia right, we're gonna get the dvd around july/august/september 2018

Cool, didn’t read it all the way! I just assumed based on the random philly video being posted that they were maybe going compilation style, but amazing if it’s a Mexico compilation!

I know for radical action, it was all Japanese shows and then the songs labeled as bonus songs ( red nightmare and suitable grounds) were from Europe. So we shall certainly see what all gets into this release!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users