IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Mon Laferte - Normatop Chilean artist's album produced by Omar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erxgli

erxgli

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 17-August 09

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:31 AM

203434191d5eb16b4489c97eab873441-full.jp

She’s the most listened-to artist from Chile on Spotify. She’s the Chilean artist with the most Latin Grammy Award nominations in one year (five, in 2017), and she’s the best-selling Chilean music artist in the digital era. (CV Independent)

No thread yet, huh? This popular artist's collaboration credits include Juanes, Gwen Stefani...and Omar Rodriguez Lopez. Her 6th album Norma, produced by Omar, was released November 9th, 2018.

"It was a great learning experience,” Laferte said. “This was the first time I’ve ever given the production of an album to somebody else in full. The demos were given to Omar as guitar and vocals only, and I followed his intuition of his vision for those tracks, recording them live at Capitol Studios. It was a huge learning experience and something I loved doing for the first time.”

We have a "salsa" album fully arranged and produced by Omar! Wiki says the songs were recorded in a single session including 13 performers. I really really enjoy it. Her voice is so immensely powerful. The music is exactly what I wanted from an album like this by Omar, coupled with this incredible voice I never imagined. I thoroughly enjoyed this: it sounds like Omar is in the background vocals in the choruses of this song (example at 3:49).

#2 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:20 AM

Haha, funny that this slipped under the radar of us so-called Omar "superfans." Hope he's getting a fat check from this. Will listen tomorrow.

#3 crawlinginpasta

crawlinginpasta

Televator

• Coma Donor
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined 26-March 16

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

I had no idea the album was out!

Just ordered on vinyl. Can't wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users