IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Adrian to return in November...Might have missed it cause it's in Eh-Spanich

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Cremallero

Cremallero

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Joined 09-May 08

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:58 AM

In case you missed it. Found it pretty news worthy....

Original Post (Spanish by cedric70)

It's all right there, the link for the download of the interview, and a synopsis of the interview which reads:
-How he'll return in November
-Talking about why he's not in the band now
-His projects
-A movie he's doing the music for
-How he met Omar
-They played (on the station) songs from The Mars Volta, Los Dorados and Cu Taan (his current gig)
-And much more stuff

It's an hour broadcast, talks about alot, sifting through it I heard all these hilights cedric70 made (thank you again) and some other stuff. If you understand spanish definitely worth listening to, and if you don't, still pretty big news considering people have been wondering why/when/if he'd be back with the group.

It'll be interesting to see if he comes in and adds his own touch the songs, I doubt it though. My guess is he'll come in and replace Marcel who'll go on a Zechs tour. Your thoughts and further confirmation on the points made about this article.

btw cedric70's blog (in his/her sig) is INSANE. So cool. Gracias otra vez por eso :)

#2 Ilyena

Ilyena

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • Joined 28-July 05

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

It would be much obliged if someone who spoke Spanish could post a more detailed description. Thanks.

#3 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, if anyone would be so kind as to translate parts..... :smile:

I'm most interested.

#4 Aesop Rocks

Aesop Rocks

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

damnit

6>8

#5 ArdNassac

ArdNassac

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 12-May 06

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

it would be really cool if someone could translate this.

#6 whodunit?

whodunit?

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Joined 13-December 07

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

damnit

6>8

word.

#7 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5653 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

and pablo?
PaBlO?

PABLOOOOO!?

#8 SoulRebel

SoulRebel

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • Joined 05-August 08

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

i wish this was in english

#9 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

i hope i'm not the only one who's a little disappointed

#10 seb18

seb18

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

i don't know english ):

#11 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

this makes me happy so there. if you wanna know why just listen to the last 15 mins of enmore 06 drunkship. pure awsome.

#12 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

and pablo?
PaBlO?

PABLOOOOO!?

i wanna know that as well. i don't think he has anything other than volta

#13 somber_vertigo

somber_vertigo

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • Joined 09-April 05

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

and pablo?
PaBlO?

PABLOOOOO!?

i wanna know that as well. i don't think he has anything other than volta

He's got Hour of the Monarchy. It doesn't seem to take up THAT much of his time, though.

#14 drunkship123

drunkship123

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3021 posts
  • Joined 16-January 07

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

lemme take a look i can understand alot of spanish

EDIT: nevermind you already got what he talks about figured out

#15 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

and pablo?
PaBlO?

PABLOOOOO!?

PABLO:
Posted Image

Just kidding :biggrin:
I WANNA KNOW ABOUT PABLO TOO.

Spérence tantote, orita mesmo si los tradusko
(translation in a few min)

#16 cymbaline12

cymbaline12

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

hmmmm i wonder if november will bring any new material w/ adrian coming back. mmmm lp6 early '10.

#17 funChrist

funChrist

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

It won't even download for me....Bummer

#18 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

No one is replacing Marcel

#19 Guest_frankoso_*

Guest_frankoso_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

Haha! I actually had lunch with him last week and got to talk loads of things like that haha, i wasnt going to say anything cus last time we met (like 2 years ago) I opened my mouth when I shouldnt and got him in a little trouble but now he says it himself, so, cool. We had lunch at a place called "Fresco" in Mexico City, and wow did we ate!?? lol, it was great, he told me all about why he wasnt in octa, that he was playing with Los Dorados in the rock festival "Vive Latino 09" (which I got the chance to go to for the next 2 days), we talked some work (which I'm obviously not able to talk about), and basically hanged out for a while, talknig about filmmaking and how his fav album of mars wold be frances the mute, anyway, I cant really talk a lot about what we talked about just know that he's still in tmv and keeps loving it but he is working on his side projects as well. He even recomended me this movie "Mo better blues S Lee" (which I still havent seen). Heres a pic I took after lunch. Oh, haha and he did asked me for some jersey of the mexican soccer team "Indios" for him, his dad and his brother.Attached File  5057_132681013760_562093760_2900078_7085912_n.jpg   48.77KB   152 downloads

#20 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Dude, seriously you are lucky. listening to the interview I realized mexico city citizens are so lucky.

Ok, here's a big part of the interview.
next part will be posted after lunch (I'm hungry)
I did my best :sad:

INTERVIEW FOR VIBRACIONES, DF TO ADRIAN TERRAZAS:

México, D.F.
June 30, 2009

When did you arrive at México?

I have 3 months, already based and using the subway, since November I’m in the process to move here.

Tell us one of the reasons you moved here.

One of the first reasons is the project I’m doing for Ferdinando ??? who is an Italian director, I’m making the music for his movie that is called Rayo Serva? along with another Italian (I didn’t understand the names, sorry) almost more than 50% of the movie is filmed here and the seconds half is filmed in Rome.
The other reason is I needed a home. I had 11 years living in United States, one of those 11 years I was in Cuba, studying charanga cubana that is the cuban style of playing the flute. Then I returned to El Paso, Tx. To finish my career where I started as director of the Orchestra of salsa that belongs to Omar’s dad Angel Rodriguez who is the Doctor of Salsa, he’s called that way there.

About the film project with the Italian Director:

It is a project that Ferdinando brought when he was living here at the city. He had some problems there in Italy and had to come here to live for a while and when the regimen changed he went back to live in Italy. Actually he’s one of the documentalists for the Vatican. He contacted me because all of the people who have done the scores for his films are jazz musicians and he liked what we are doing and he called me, the contact was with David Enriquez who is also from Chihuahua he’s one of the direction producers in this project called Rayo serva or “Ciudades” they still don’t decide the final name of this project. This is Ferdinando’s first movie. His previous work were all documentals.

You were at the Vive Latino playing with Los D…

Yes, with “Los Dorados” I think it was my first connection with national musicians Rodrigo Barbosa and Carlos Maldonado who in fact plays for my project.

How was the contact with Los Dorados?

I met Rodrigo and Carlos for a friend of mine who’s called Luis Sánchez, he makes programs of jazz and he contacted us because I was looking for musicians to play here. And then, they invited me to be part of Los Dorados. With the plan of recording an album…

This means you are like a special guest…

Like I’m being a special guest, not like a band member. Like a collaboration.

And how was the reaction of the audience? Have you ever been in a Vive Latino before?

No, in fact the only Vive Latino where The Mars Volta played was in 2004 exactly 1 or 2 months before I started to play with the band, at that time I was recording with the band not playing live. I started to play live in January of 2005. But at that time (vive latino 2004) I was recording with them Frances the Mute.

So this is your first concert in Vive Latino?

Exactly.

And how was it?

“padrísimo” (Cool) It is like a familiar reunion

How about listening more music. What would you like to listen: Los Dorados, The Mars Volta…

Any is ok, whatever you have prepared.

Here we have this song list of Los Dorados…

Ah, play Union Laguna

[Union Laguna is played]

Did you play this song last Saturday?

No, we’ll play it tomorrow but with our format of our trio El Regimen Colectivo.

Ok, now that you mentioned the theme, why don’t you talk to us about this trio?

This trio was originally with Rodrigo Barbosa from Los Dorados, and then Hernán ¿Hecht? My idea was to follow a format of sax trio, double-bass and drums. The format was about to combine elements of jazz with elements of rock. Carlos Maldonado and myself we are from the north, so we have also many elements of hip-hop, so it has a lot of density of the harmony in the fomat of John Coltrane (and other alike musicians) Basically is going to play and experiment

And you’ll be performing tomorrow…

Yes, at the Centro Cultural España, at 10:30 p.m. and at the first set we’re having a guest a viola player called Alex ¿Pruc? Who is really good. And he’ll play 3 new songs that will be featured in the next project of El Regimen Colectivo, now it will be a quartet. The next project will be with the same format, not with the trombone player that is heard in the album Cu Taan but with a string musician. The concept is writing more like contemporanean music songs.
I was raised by my grandmother and rumba and danzón always were in the house. I always knew I was going to be a musician but the concept of the music, the facto of having it all the time, at the kitchen, eating and doing my homework and always… Agustín Lara or any danzón or rumba player were playing so, you just keep consuming it. My mom was quite the contrary listening things like José José,more cumbia, more like Los Ängeles Negros more on that genre.

More popular…

Well at the time those (jose jose, los angeles negros) were popular

(the interviewer picks up a chat question for Adrián) If Cu Taan will be released in vinyl

Yes, it will be released in vinyl. Currently is not selling at cd stores but it is in amazon and i tunes. Cd will be released on July 10 in all mix up stores and Ghandi (thanks Adrian, mix up and ghandi are near my house)

[Cometas, featured in Cu Taan, is being played. Which Adrian mentiones it’s sort of an introduction]

Meanwhile commercial we were talking about the rumor of you out of The Mars Volta and you’re telling us IT’S JUST A BREAK TO WORK IN DIFFERENT PROJECTS.

Yes, exactly. I have to focus on this (the actual projects) and the movie. In my art and my writing I have to take time. I can’t split myself in 10 persons.

So, to make it clear, it was just a break you took and you’re returning to The Mars Volta in November and that you will be touring Europe with your project

Yes, we’re programmed for September, the whole month, we’ll be playing in jazz venues

(I’ll type next part after lunch)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users