IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta up for Best Hard Rock Grammy**UPDATE: THEY WON**

• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#521 funChrist

funChrist

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:55 AM

finally working - acceptance speech [great quality]

Download it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=53F0WBB4

Thanx for this, mate.

#522 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

I don't understand how one could be a tmv fan as well as a 30 seconds to mars fan...please take offense.

how old are you and your douchebag disrespect? i don't understand how one can be a tmv fan and yet behave like this.

well, I'm 23 and my douchebag disrespect is ancient...behave like what? stating the fact that 30 seconds to mars sucks? its easy - 30 seconds to mars sucks!

People who claim to be fans of TMV and 30 Seconds To Mars (cringe for just having to write it), are not TMV fans.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone, and it is not just my opinion, TMV is honest, the other is not, that is a fact.

I think it is perfectly fine to like whatever band you want to like. I think it's really disrespectful to bash someone's taste in music like that. We get pissed when people say TMV suck but we have free reign to insult any others? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

I do not get pissed when people say TMV suck, I enjoy it, so I am no hypocrite.

I am not insulting anyone, just stating that the particular 'music' of subject, is completely dishonest and should not be considered art. There is a difference between Omar, who spends most of his life in his studio recording, or playing live shows, or shooting and editing his films, and a group of people who are more interested in posing for the front cover of some teen music magazine, than creating beautiful sounds.

Again, I am not trying to offend anyone, or force my opinion on anybody.

#523 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

I am not insulting anyone, just stating that the particular 'music' of subject, is completely dishonest and should not be considered art. There is a difference between Omar, who spends most of his life in his studio recording, or playing live shows, or shooting and editing his films, and a group of people who are more interested in posing for the front cover of some teen music magazine, than creating beautiful sounds.

to LouisGilbrook:

I do not get pissed when people say TMV suck, I enjoy it, so I am no hypocrite

ouch! there's a huge logic fallacy in this reasoning! u may wanna check through it

People who claim to be fans of TMV and 30 Seconds To Mars (cringe for just having to write it), are not TMV fans.

source of that chemical formula?
false until PROOF. in the meanwhile, "TMV fans" set seems to be open to everybody.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone, and it is not just my opinion, TMV is honest, the other is not, that is a fact

u aren't attacking anybody, no one's calling u disrespectful. and yeah, i also think they are quite dishonest.

2 different things:
1) personal offense:

I don't understand how one could be a tmv fan as well as a 30 seconds to mars fan...please take offense.

2) saying TMV/30secs/(band name) suck.

2 facts:
1) the first one is insulting
2) the second one is banal for me, and not insulting for anybody

of course i don't like hearing "TMV sucks", but it isn't and shouldn't be offending to me, provided i'm not omar and his folks
after all, i couldn't care less about other ppl's music taste
obviously i'm not complaining on ur interesting opinions about 30secs music, which doesn't mean a thing to me. i'm just stating writing this

please take offense

is hella insulting, ancient douchebag disrespect here and, quoting PAZda09, a bit of hypocrisy.

#524 dew

dew

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
  • Interests:All MARS music.
  • Twitter

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

to LouisGilbrook:

ouch! there's a huge logic fallacy in this reasoning! u may wanna check through it

source of that chemical formula?
false until PROOF. in the meanwhile, "TMV fans" set seems to be open to everybody.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone, and it is not just my opinion, TMV is honest, the other is not, that is a fact

u aren't attacking anybody, no one's calling u disrespectful. and yeah, i also think they are quite dishonest.

2 different things:
1) personal offense:

2) saying TMV/30secs/(band name) suck.

2 facts:
1) the first one is insulting
2) the second one is banal for me, and not insulting for anybody

of course i don't like hearing "TMV sucks", but it isn't and shouldn't be offending to me, provided i'm not omar and his folks
after all, i couldn't care less about other ppl's music taste
obviously i'm not complaining on ur interesting opinions about 30secs music, which doesn't mean a thing to me. i'm just stating writing this

please take offense

is hella insulting, ancient douchebag disrespect here and, quoting PAZda09, a bit of hypocrisy.

Thanks Sireres :happy:

Ok, let's stop talking about the other band. This is the The Mars Volta up for Best Hard Rock Grammy.

#525 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

to LouisGilbrook:

I apologise for the off topic, but I do not respect getting 'ouched' incorrectly. If I were more immature, I would 'ouch' you back, as my statement was perfectly logical, no fallacies to be seen.

(I usually entirely agree with you, 'sireres', and appreciate your tone, I would not like to cause confrontation, I just don't understand what you are saying).

#526 mecca

mecca

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3140 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

Posted Image

#527 IVeilCerpinTaxtI

IVeilCerpinTaxtI

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3317 posts
  • Joined 01-February 05
  • Interests:Drums, Bass, Music...
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

HAHA!!! You're are too strange, gal...but so right.

#528 brw0044

brw0044

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined 06-March 07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

Get over it...jared letto's band sucks...period

#529 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:23 AM

to LouisGilbrook:

I apologise for the off topic, but I do not respect getting 'ouched' incorrectly. If I were more immature, I would 'ouch' you back, as my statement was perfectly logical, no fallacies to be seen.

(I usually entirely agree with you, 'Sireres', and appreciate your tone, I would not like to cause confrontation, I just don't understand what you are saying)

:biggrin: fun "ouching" speech, dude! and thx for being that nice.
i hope i made clear that my "ouch" was friendly too.

about the "ouching"/"not ouching" fallacy:

I think it is perfectly fine to like whatever band you want to like. I think it's really disrespectful to bash someone's taste in music like that. We get pissed when people say TMV suck but we have free reign to insult any others? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

from here, we get: GETTING PISSED WHEN PPL SAY TMV SUCK BUT HAVING FREE REIGN TO INSULT ANY OTHERS = A BIT HYPOCRITICAL
but that doesn't imply the opposite, i.e., NOT GETTING PISSED WHEN PPL SAY TMV SUCK ... = A BIT HYPOCRITICAL is a potential option as well!
anyway, that's just a silly remark i made as i went on the defensive, never meaning to call u hypocritical.
u should "ouch" me back!!! :happy:

Thanks Sireres :happy:
Ok, let's stop talking about the other band. This is the The Mars Volta up for Best Hard Rock Grammy.

:blush: de nada!
HEY! THEY WON!!! :wizard:

#530 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:24 AM

i'm gettin crazy with quotations!

#531 funChrist

funChrist

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:44 AM

Posted Image

I know....*big sigh*

#532 funChrist

funChrist

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:01 PM

Anyway, I know what winning a Grammy will mean to Cedric.....More groupies!!!! :laugh:

ONLY JOKING!!!!!

#533 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

Anyway, I know what winning a Grammy will mean to Cedric.....More groupies!!!! :laugh:

ONLY JOKING!!!!!

hahaha poor ced

#534 Madi

Madi

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Joined 22-June 08

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

This page = Posted Image

#535 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

This page = Posted Image

xDDDDDDDDDDDDD
xkcd!

#536 funChrist

funChrist

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

This page = Posted Image

Nooooooooooooooo! Nevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!

#537 Baphomet

Baphomet

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:09 PM

"Cedric Bixler-zavala from the band The Marz Volta, winner of the Best Hard Rock Performance for "Wax Simolacra"."

lol fail

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users