IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

10 years of TBiG

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:16 PM

I was in Grade 12 of high school, and this was the first TMV release I was following all the hype for (my internet skills in 2006 were bad so I missed out on Amp when it first came out). Now I'm working for the Federal Government while getting my 2nd Master's degree. TMV is dead and after ATDI's Interalia, I think it'd be best to leave it that way.... Although Ghost Tape 9 is cool.

Halfway through your post I swore you were going to start telling us how you make $96 a day working from home online.

#22 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9840 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

Haha

#23 Petra

Petra

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:26 AM

I remember all the hype around Thomas before it was released. Like he was a god. I had so much trust in them, like if they got rid of John he must have been fucking up and this change could only make them better. I remember hearing the "Maybe I'll Break Down" hook sample on their website and thinking, this is gonna be HUGE! The vocals were a turn off but that has faded over time. Great album! Love Volta!

#24 Petra

Petra

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:29 AM

I was in Grade 12 of high school, and this was the first TMV release I was following all the hype for (my internet skills in 2006 were bad so I missed out on Amp when it first came out). Now I'm working for the Federal Government while getting my 2nd Master's degree. TMV is dead and after ATDI's Interalia, I think it'd be best to leave it that way.... Although Ghost Tape 9 is cool.

Halfway through your post I swore you were going to start telling us how you make $96 a day working from home online.

HAHAHA!!!!!

#25 crawlinginpasta

crawlinginpasta

Televator

• Coma Donor
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 26-March 16

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

The TBiG videos were the best

"I gotta go home and eat"

Their last album with Ikey :(

#26 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8907 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
  • Interests:Cross dressing
    gang bangin

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:41 AM

Aberinkula vid still cracks me up

#27 espio13

espio13

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Joined 01-February 09

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

This album has always been my favorite Volta album. The day it came out, I made it a mission to find...well to find something, and then I ate it and listened to TBIG for my first time. Sooo fucking crazy! I can't believe it's been 10 years! Still in my top 10 favorite albums of all time

#28 Somniloquist

Somniloquist

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 08-February 18
  • Interests:Role playing, occasional video game activity, music. That's it! One day, I will be cultured.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:06 AM

I listen to this album all the damn time, just the whole thing, go for it, shit yeah. Admittedly, the first half is more memorable for me than the second. 

I do like watching its videos and then scrolling down and watching the self-important prog fans crying about how they're doing the songs a disservice by being funny. Humorless fucks.

#29 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4470 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:52 AM

Ahh summer of 2010 when I discovered this album. One hot afternoon in Ohio smoked up and put it on. I swear I could feel Goliath in the room on Askepios.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users