IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

ORL Projects6.24.16

• Please log in to reply
3357 replies to this topic

#3221 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

Can somebody hook me up with non-album Spellbound in the highest quality possible?

#3222 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:29 PM

I think I remember Fubar had that version on his youtube account - maybe try asking in the comments on his channel if you have no luck here?

#3223 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5760 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:03 PM

Can somebody hook me up with non-album Spellbound in the highest quality possible?

check your inbox

#3224 Knifeprty

Knifeprty

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04
  • Interests:video games, music, drawing and painting.

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:25 AM

check your inbox

can i also bug you for that please and thanks

#3225 universe

universe

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 06-December 04

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

wondering if he's in the studio in Hamburg again for mixing:

https://www.instagra.../p/BsxBFCAHBXh/

#3226 Germn F.

Germn F.

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2491 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:33 PM

wondering if he's in the studio in Hamburg again for mixing:

https://www.instagra.../p/BsxBFCAHBXh/

Hopefully. I want the dictator version of him to come back, produced best results.

#3227 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4616 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:41 AM

It's interesting Scheerer is saying it'll take awhile to be finished. Why would a live album take awhile when it's only a matter of setting the levels? Unless they are re-tracking/overdubbing. Makes me significantly more interested.

#3228 universe

universe

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 06-December 04

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

It's interesting Scheerer is saying it'll take awhile to be finished. Why would a live album take awhile when it's only a matter of setting the levels? Unless they are re-tracking/overdubbing. Makes me significantly more interested.

They stayed there for a week after the show to record an album. I'm sure thats what hes talking about. The gig was mixed to tape in the live situation.

Or maybe Omar is working on a completely new and different album there now. As Scheerers response to a question below the pic was "all new".

Like no rerecorded pre-existing songs..

#3229 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Or maybe Omar is working on a completely new and different album there now. As Scheerers response to a question below the pic was "all new".

i thought it was pretty common knowledge that they're going to release a new album in spring.

at the same time, i wouldn't trust Scheerers on "no rerecorded pre-existing songs" because i doubt he knows the whole omar discography.

it was like that reviewer who didnt recognize zapopan being unicorn skeleton redux, but recognized aranas being redone leaked tracks from 2013

#3230 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • 4616 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me as I thought the live show was underwhelming.

#3231 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2900 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:32 AM

Yeah it’s a brand new record. They tracked it in December. No solo tracks. Pretty much a new band.

#3232 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

what's the difference between solo tracks and "new band"? if omar decides to rename it to anything other than "ORLG"?

#3233 Mala

Mala

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Joined 06-May 13

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

It's a new band
It's not acoustic
It's the best music he's ever made
I can't wait for you to hear it
However good you think it is, that is but a quark in the cosmos of how good it actually is

#3234 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

#3235 matt was taken

matt was taken

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts
  • Joined 09-May 05

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

It's a new band
It's not acoustic
It's the best music he's ever made
I can't wait for you to hear it
However good you think it is, that is but a quark in the cosmos of how good it actually is

Mixmaster Matt ftw

#3236 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2900 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:25 AM

what's the difference between solo tracks and "new band"? if omar decides to rename it to anything other than "ORLG"?

It’s all new music made with those musicians. No solo tracks from the live set or Ipecac recordings. Well, there was one new song they played that night at Clouds Hill, so that one’s probably on there. Most likely with their input too, since he’s done with making music entirely by himself as a dictator. Whether he calls it *insert new name* or ORLG, is beside the point, because you never know how they’ll want to market it. It’s like Dio, the name was used to make it easier to sell their shit based on Ronnie’s name/legacy yet he would always admit that it was a band and not his solo project. So we’ll see about the name. I don’t think it matters.

The days of Omar writing/recording brand new material as a solo artist seem to be over. We’ve been spoilt enough with that formula anyway. It’s about time he makes a new band without Cedric or Teri anyhow.

#3237 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9031 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

Its been over half a decade since he was "done" being a dictator. Maybe he's changed his mind again

I don't think anyone has any idea what is going to come from these sessions

#3238 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

It’s all new music made with those musicians. No solo tracks from the live set or Ipecac recordings. Well, there was one new song they played that night at Clouds Hill, so that one’s probably on there. Most likely with their input too, since he’s done with making music entirely by himself as a dictator. Whether he calls it *insert new name* or ORLG, is beside the point, because you never know how they’ll want to market it. It’s like Dio, the name was used to make it easier to sell their shit based on Ronnie’s name/legacy yet he would always admit that it was a band and not his solo project. So we’ll see about the name. I don’t think it matters.

The days of Omar writing/recording brand new material as a solo artist seem to be over. We’ve been spoilt enough with that formula anyway. It’s about time he makes a new band without Cedric or Teri anyhow.
Ipecac supposed to be "old albums, i will never record a solo album again", yet birth of a ghost was confirmed to be recorded 2016-2017 and i have a strong belief that he applied finishing touches shortly before releases. If all albums were ready why were some of them were delayed (like doom patrol)

#3239 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

Wasn't there someone that was still mixing/mastering them at the pace of the release ?

#3240 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2900 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

Because Birth of a Ghost was taken over by With Lions who arranged the music, produced it. An orchestra played on that record, with pretty much a guest spot from Omar. The solo records like Doom Patrol were being mixed at different points, which is why they came out in that order. I still don’t think Omar wrote any solo music after 2013.

Seems like the only exceptions, recording wise, were film/score related projects that were taken over by outside producers who had their own schedules like Corazones and Birth. Those two in particular = Omar not being a complete dictator.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users