IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Going Deep with Omar Rodriguez-LopezCity Arts Online Interview

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#81 hbk111

hbk111

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Yeah i saw that, people are retards.

#82 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Check The Mars Volta wikipedia page. I find it hilarious that someone outright lied with a fake Omar quote saying "Fans have no real need to worry. The Mars Volta will be back on its feet and recording new material come next fall. We just needed a break after 10 years of non-stop Volta related work." This was a supposed quote from this interview lol.

Losers who are still in denial. It doesn't matter if TMV never release anything new again, Omar will continue to make good music under whatever band name he chooses. As others have said, TMV was was basically just Omar anyway, he wrote almost everything.

#83 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

lmao people will go to such great lengths... that's hilarious

#84 Pongo

Pongo

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1121 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Who else thinks Cedric, Ikey, Jon and Juan should just put a band together? hehe.

Yes, please.

#85 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

This was going to be a funny post but I found no way to say it without thinking about Jeremy Ward :(

#86 Veni-yan Warrior

Veni-yan Warrior

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3393 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Who else thinks Cedric, Ikey, Jon and Juan should just put a band together? hehe.

Yes, please.

#87 Lantros

Lantros

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 30-September 09

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

olwut? Most people on the Coma agree that Xeno is sublime. The interweaving of Omar and Ximena's voices into one godly, androgynous whole was fucking beautiful. Teri is more debatable, but the vocal work on Xeno is on par if not beyond TMV-stuff (in my opinion – and the opinion of others).

It's all highly subjective, anyway, but I don't get why you put Cedric on this pedestal. Even he has admitted in interviews that he wasn't happy with a lot of his vocal takes but he put his trust and Omar and let him work his studio wizardry. So, alot of the "brilliance" is probably due to Omar– tweaking the reverb and delay effects, fine-tuning the pitch in Melodyne, etc.

TMV = Omar and Cedric, no doubt, but Omar is basically the source where all this stuff comes from.

Exactly! Finaly someone with the ability to put all fanboyism aside....

Free Moral Agents on twitter:

The process isn't the point. The music is the fucking point! No one puts on a record and listens to the process.

...someone who has not understand what Omar means. If you make art for OTHER people, than this statement maybe is true. But Omar never makes art for other people. Its always his way to find and express themself...

So fucking annoying this tweet....

#88 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • 9189 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Xenophanes is average

cum @ m3

But really, I agree with the dude who says it gets repetitive and boring, especially vocally. I find it difficult to enjoy listening to

#89 pio420

pio420

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 11-October 12
  • Interests:art music gaming & books
  • Twitter

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

More power to Omar if he enjoys and loves what he's doing but I'm sadly not enjoying his recent releases and Bosnian Rainbows live stuff. Wish I could.

Please don't flame me either... I'm not trying to pass my opinions off on others. Just sharing how I feel. Omar and Cedric have been my favorite musicians for years and I have always embraced the choices they made, but this just feels different.

Can't explain why but I feel like "new ATDI" will be the nail in the coffin.

I feel you. I think TMV is done at least for now. I am also not into BR. It may just be Teri who I'm not a big fan of. I totally get the something not right feeling. I dunno I am pretty bummed this is like when ATDI broke up all over again. Id love to hear from Ced or Juan but doubt we will.

#90 pio420

pio420

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 11-October 12
  • Interests:art music gaming & books
  • Twitter

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Check The Mars Volta wikipedia page. I find it hilarious that someone outright lied with a fake Omar quote saying "Fans have no real need to worry. The Mars Volta will be back on its feet and recording new material come next fall. We just needed a break after 10 years of non-stop Volta related work." This was a supposed quote from this interview lol.

Losers who are still in denial. It doesn't matter if TMV never release anything new again, Omar will continue to make good music under whatever band name he chooses. As others have said, TMV was was basically just Omar anyway, he wrote almost everything.

I have to disagree to an extent, Adrian Juan Ikey, etc all contributed their talent. It is awesome because they are all kick ass.

:starwars:

#91 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6877 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

R Isaiah Owens: I love o and his music. I don't talk shit on my family and it was a privilege to play music w the mars volta and to participate in the process. It's only the internet relax. I didn't know o even had a solo record called the process is the point. #dontgetittwisted

#92 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2533 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

R Isaiah Owens: I love o and his music. I don't talk shit on my family and it was a privilege to play music w the mars volta and to participate in the process. It's only the internet relax. I didn't know o even had a solo record called the process is the point. #dontgetittwisted

I guess people started attacking Ikey on twitter

#93 Random407

Random407

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 18-October 04

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

What the fuck kind of person would go on ikeys twitter just to bother him? Oh yeah, coma trolls. Also, you're bashing him when he's right about what he's saying.

And why are people freaking out just because theres a few month break between any TMV tour/studio work? The Mars Volta is not done touring(2013) however a studio album next year isn't looking likely with all they have going on. And for all those OMAR=TMV people, watch videos of each era...With Theodore, Pridgen, Adrian, Elitch, Etc. and tell me it's not a huge difference which musicians omar is surrounded by.

#94 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11995 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

No one attacked Ikey. People simply asked him if he was speaking about Omar.

#95 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

No one attacked Ikey. People simply asked him if he was speaking about Omar.

No they attacked him. With words. Harmful pronouns. And adjectives.

#96 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2663 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

3550697[/url]']

3550693[/url]' date='Oct 24 2012, 11:35 AM']No one attacked Ikey. People simply asked him if he was speaking about Omar.

Then thats just stupid

#97 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11995 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

3550697[/url]']

3550693[/url]' date='Oct 24 2012, 11:35 AM']No one attacked Ikey. People simply asked him if he was speaking about Omar.

Then thats just stupid

I think most people asking him were actually siding with Ikey...

#98 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

And there's no 2013 TMV tour, buddy. That's where this whole nasty rumor started, when somebody said "The Mars Volta is over" and they meant the TOUR is over. It was clarified. That's what they meant.

#99 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6109 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

What the fuck kind of person would go on ikeys twitter just to bother him? Oh yeah, coma trolls. Also, you're bashing him when he's right about what he's saying.

And why are people freaking out just because theres a few month break between any TMV tour/studio work? The Mars Volta is not done touring(2013) however a studio album next year isn't looking likely with all they have going on. And for all those OMAR=TMV people, watch videos of each era...With Theodore, Pridgen, Adrian, Elitch, Etc. and tell me it's not a huge difference which musicians omar is surrounded by.

What makes you think they're touring next year?

#100 hbk111

hbk111

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3067 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

And why are people freaking out just because theres a few month break between any TMV tour/studio work? The Mars Volta is not done touring(2013)

There is no tour. They're on a break, and nobody knows (not even Omar or Cedric) if they'll get back together. They'll know when the time comes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users