IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Sound of Animals FightingOld one was closed?

• Please log in to reply
551 replies to this topic

#21 Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 25-August 05
  • Interests:Collecting Records, Jason Schwartzman, Woody Allen, Video-Games, ELO.
  • Myspace

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:21 AM

RX Bandits>Circa Survive>TSOAF>>>>Finch>>>>>Anthony Green

What a fucking genius I mean what a God

Hes such a sexy guy to :wub:

God, hes just to much, I mean all those awesome bands. Wooow :wub: :wub:

Wasn't Anthony Green one of the members in Slint back in the days to? I think so? atleast what I have seen at the Spiderland albumcover. he was one of the hotties there in the water. :wub:

#22 bighairystranger

bighairystranger

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3720 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04
  • Interests:Food.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:29 AM

You are weird, I don't think I get your sense of humor, really. (Not to be rude.)

#23 Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 25-August 05
  • Interests:Collecting Records, Jason Schwartzman, Woody Allen, Video-Games, ELO.
  • Myspace

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:57 AM

You are weird, I don't think I get your sense of humor, really. (Not to be rude.)

What :ohmy:

Posted Image
?

Anthony Green :unsure: Posted Image

#24 knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3076 posts
  • Joined 19-September 03
  • Interests:lols, rofls, lmaos, kthxbai
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:32 AM

Wow. I don't think that could look less like Anthony Green if you you found a picture of, I dunno, an old black guy. That looks NOTHING like him whatsoever.
Here is Anthony Green:
Posted Image
I can't see even a bit of resemblance. Either way he wasn't in Slint.

#25 bighairystranger

bighairystranger

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3720 posts
  • Joined 26-November 04
  • Interests:Food.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:13 AM

Yeah. That is why I didn't get it and thought it was a joke.

#26 vanzetti

vanzetti

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:39 AM

there is going to be a remix/remaster/reissue of Tiger and the Duke

you heard it here first

#27 Vairiant

Vairiant

I like my pockets fat not flat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6733 posts
  • Joined 20-September 04
  • Interests:fuck you hotsalsa

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:10 AM

The rundown:

The EP was pretty good but it was/is completely over appreciated...I mean come on it's just a decent EP.

Lover is an excuse to drive a car off a cliff, they got so ahead of themselves making an album they thought would be revolutionary that they realized A: we don't make that groundbreaking of music in the first place, and B: when we make said music we fail terribly

And finally, Anthony Green is probably--well, no, he is, the biggest douchebag on the planet.

#28 dan_tmv

dan_tmv

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4808 posts
  • Joined 13-December 04

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:58 AM

Anthony Green did say that he did not enjoy the album in an interview a while back.

He only laid down the vocal melodies. The music and other stuff was all work from the other guys, and when he finally got to see what it came out to be, he didn't like it.

#29 knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3076 posts
  • Joined 19-September 03
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:00 AM

there is going to be a remix/remaster/reissue of Tiger and the Duke

you heard it here first

An actual remix and remaster? Not just the same thing with a new front cover or a sliding cardboard sleeve or some other manner of related faggotry? Someone is going to sit down and go "what the fuck did they do to this thing?", fix it all up and re-release it?
If so, you win the internets for today and I will be buying this. If its just a re-release, they can fuck off.
Whats your source on this?

Also, why do people dislike Anthony Green so much? If you don't like his music or voice then fair enough but people say hes the biggest douche in the universe etc, what has he done for such a title?

#30 Shitdown

Shitdown

>>>!

• Members
  • 7649 posts
  • Joined 13-July 04
  • Interests:all things

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:11 AM

I don't understand why people like this band.

#31 vanzetti

vanzetti

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:35 AM

An actual remix and remaster? Not just the same thing with a new front cover or a sliding cardboard sleeve or some other manner of related faggotry? Someone is going to sit down and go "what the fuck did they do to this thing?", fix it all up and re-release it?
If so, you win the internets for today and I will be buying this. If its just a re-release, they can fuck off.

i have no idea about the packaging, but i was told that EVR is handling the rerelease/remaster/remix crap since the first version was apparently mixed thru one shitty computer speaker (and while the songs are great, i will agree that it was shittly mixed). also, apparently the guy who played bass on Tiger had a falling out with TSOAF, so they are recording new bass parts and backing vocals that he did with someone else. i guess i win the "internets", because my source is a bandmate of one of the people doing the new backing vocals. i just thought the Tiger fans would like to know.

#32 knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3076 posts
  • Joined 19-September 03
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:51 AM

i have no idea about the packaging, but i was told that EVR is handling the rerelease/remaster/remix crap since the first version was apparently mixed thru one shitty computer speaker (and while the songs are great, i will agree that it was shittly mixed). also, apparently the guy who played bass on Tiger had a falling out with TSOAF, so they are recording new bass parts and backing vocals that he did with someone else. i guess i win the "internets", because my source is a bandmate of one of the people doing the new backing vocals. i just thought the Tiger fans would like to know.

The guy who did the bass is the bass player from Finch, but that's pretty interesting to know. Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram, and having to re-record the bass parts because of him.
This is good news then! It was indeed terribly mixed, and the fact they used one computer speaker explains a whole lot. This is pretty exciting!
And yes, you have definitely won the internets.

#33 aLcheMist22

aLcheMist22

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1991 posts
  • Joined 29-January 05
  • Interests:panties

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

fuck anthony green

#34 knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3076 posts
  • Joined 19-September 03
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:01 AM

no fuck YUO
I can see why the other thread was closed, people just pile in and h8.

#35 vanzetti

vanzetti

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:40 PM

all i know is that matt embree and chris t. from rx bandits MAKE this album awesome.

#36 AlSirat

AlSirat

thats how im livin

• Members
  • 8809 posts
  • Joined 10-March 05

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

hahaah yes another tsoaf thread

#37 Randall Flagg 19

Randall Flagg 19

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined 30-June 06

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:24 PM

Love...The Lord Has Left Us. Does anyone know anything else that sounds like that? It's an outstanding album...but you know...noone understands something they dont hear everyday. So it's understandable why someone wouldn't like it. The same could be said for Two Virgins by John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Oh well, I'm glad I'm not one of the many unfortunate people who are deaf and blind when it comes to a work of genius.

#38 knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3076 posts
  • Joined 19-September 03
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:32 PM

Its not a work of genius, its just arsing around with some synths and samples.

#39 AlSirat

AlSirat

thats how im livin

• Members
  • 8809 posts
  • Joined 10-March 05

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:38 PM

Love...The Lord Has Left Us. Does anyone know anything else that sounds like that? It's an outstanding album...but you know...noone understands something they dont hear everyday. So it's understandable why someone wouldn't like it. The same could be said for Two Virgins by John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Oh well, I'm glad I'm not one of the many unfortunate people who are deaf and blind when it comes to a work of genius.

wow

whoa

#40 Guest_thirteenthsecond_*

Guest_thirteenthsecond_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:56 PM

wow

whoa

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users