IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

How about some actual moderation?what the fuck is going on?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Soundcheck_*

Guest_Soundcheck_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:55 AM

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I think now is the right time to make CLA a mod. He continually shows a genuine interest in the well being and state of the coma. Most of the other mods have moved on and don't really frequent as much and aren't in tune with the ways of the coma anymore. CLA knows the ways of the coma, is aware of the psyche of the coma and he should be a mod.

#22 Seyon

Seyon

High Five! ヘ( ^o^)ノ\(^_^ )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5026 posts
  • Joined 29-August 04
  • Interests:CrossFit, Video Games, Awesome fucking music
  • Facebook

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:50 AM

Who brough up the topic of Drunkship? I thought we were talking about the Volta section. Mod that.

Hey Drunkship guys:

I mentioned Drunkship, but I tried to be pretty explicit in my later posts in this thread that I don't actually have a problem with Drunkship itself, except for when Drunkshippers go on to TMV sub-forums and post stupid-ass shit, which happens all of the time, and even that is secondary (dare I say tertiary) to the general degredation of quality in the main TMV forums, something which happened right in line with the abandoment of this forum by several of its top mods/admins (again, this is excluding Drunkship or any of the non TMV-related subforums).

In conclusion, I'd prefer it if the people who only come to this site for the Drunkship, including the Drunkship mods, didn't post in this thread. This thread is not for you, and don't know if there's anything you can do to help address the problems I've brought up.

#23 Mopho

Mopho

peanut butter and jaaaaammm!!

• Members
  • 6167 posts
  • Joined 26-October 06

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:44 AM

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I think now is the right time to make CLA a mod. He continually shows a genuine interest in the well being and state of the coma. Most of the other mods have moved on and don't really frequent as much and aren't in tune with the ways of the coma anymore. CLA knows the ways of the coma, is aware of the psyche of the coma and he should be a mod.

Definitely. CLA would be a great mod for drunkship.

#24 Sara

Sara

dead so i've played to merely turn him on

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Interests:I should have loved a thunderbird instead; <br />At least when spring comes they roar back again.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

just to clarify for my own personal reasons......

my understanding of why there is little to no moderation in the drunkship is because it doesn't really do any good. i'm all for heavy moderation and weeding out the shit and making the board the way it used to be (when it was actually a really awesome place, not just a dumping ground for bullshit). but i don't believe this can or will happen. it's become futile to do most moderation in the drunkship because one closed thread is replaced with 5-20 rhyming threads or threads bitching about the mods. and people can bitch because i really don't care if they like me or not. but closing one bad thread and having it replaced with 20 other spam threads is pointless. you spend hours trying to clean it up only to find that when you come back to the board it's as if nothing has changed.

i don't really go in the TMV section anymore since there's nothing really interesting happening tmv wise that i know of. plus it's daunting to read through 20 pages of long threads from the start just ot find out if there is spam in them.

so please if people are spamming in threads and you don't find it pertinent to the forum it's in, report it. this place is huge and i know that i cannot moderate it all at once. if you are unhappy with the way something is, don't just complain, take action. if you don't want to report the post then send a PM to a moderator/nardo and link the thread and explain why you think it's inappropriate and someone will take care of it. it's sort of stupid to complain about how crap it is when you don't do anything to help. if this is really a community shouldn't we all do our part to make it the way we want it to be?

#25 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • 6218 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

To those that are wondering, off-topic posts are now invisible. Please stay on topic, for other site suggestions just start your own topic(s) if necessary.

#26 Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite

Guaranteed Tremendous Safety

• Members
  • 7482 posts
  • Joined 15-August 05

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:10 AM

CLA should definately be a global mod, if not an admin. he is my most respected coma member in terms of the board and understanding how and why it works, where the faults are, and how to fix them. i havent understood why he still isn't a mod.

i also think we just need more mods, dont make it so exclusive, but dont make people with bad histories a mod, and if they become a mod and fuck around once, they can just be de-modded and done with.
this goes for the mars volta forum, not drunkship or mumblings those places are doing well

#27 Sgt. Baphomet

Sgt. Baphomet

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05
  • Twitter

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:18 AM

Finally, I know that Theory doesn't give two shits anymore. There's no skirting around that fact. It's very clear, based on his (in)activity on the forum, his abandonment of the Breed project, and the absolutely incomplete TMV official site, that he does not care to do anything beyond what the band pays him to do, or letting the site die outright, as his willingness to buy a new server (that we paid for) and move over the site files to it. To be honest, I get the feeling that he does this out of a sense obligation to his own created site, and so that the he doesn't lose the band's business. That's all fine, and I'm grateful that the site continues even now, but that doesn't mean the site has to go down the toilet. The least he could do is appoint another administrator who is much more eager about the band, the site, and the community.

Although I admire Theory for his hard work, I actually really agree with this statement. He had astronomical aspirations for this site, which I don't think just one person is capable of doing.

#28 Renz Talk End

Renz Talk End

Scrape your knee, it is only skin

• Members
  • 5162 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:21 AM

I'd just like to thank whoever got rid of the unnecessary pinned threads in the Mars Volta section. Not being sarcastic, I actually appreciate it.

Oh, and I'm going to start reporting things a lot more now. I have done so in the past, and I just reported 3 or 4 threads.

EDIT: The mods are taking a while to answer the reports, though.

EDIT EDIT: They're doing a fine job now. They probably just weren't used to getting reports is all.

#29 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • 7112 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:48 PM

Its getting better now.

Thanks you mods.

#30 Renz Talk End

Renz Talk End

Scrape your knee, it is only skin

• Members
  • 5162 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

I'm a guy, but thanks a lot for the thanks.

: )

#31 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Interests:I should have loved a thunderbird instead; <br />At least when spring comes they roar back again.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

we used to have a chalk_outline who was female. but even so, thank you for the reports. they really do help

#32 whorepresents?

whorepresents?

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 20199 posts
  • Joined 08-May 05

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:16 PM

oh shit cla is a mod yay

#33 Guest_Soundcheck_*

Guest_Soundcheck_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

I know I can't take credit for anything, but in that thread bard made about new mods, I was the one who suggested shorty. Then, now, I was the one who recently suggested cla should be mod. I'm just that amazing, obviously.

#34 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • 7112 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

I must confess; I never knew about the report function (not that I ddint see it but....you know) until a few weeks ago. But ever since I and I know others also (who werent exposed to it either) have been reporting more.

#35 Schnarflix

Schnarflix

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2330 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03
  • Interests:I play in a band known as &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.myspace.com/californiasmile1&quot;&gt;CALIFORNIA SMILE&lt;/a&gt;. I also perform with a group known as &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.myspace.com/theviennagram&quot;&gt;THE [VIENNAGRAM:]&lt;/a&gt;
  • Myspace

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:51 AM

I like me my Volta section clean.

It's recently starting more to resemble the glory days of informative, semi-relevant topics and not drowning in a flood of nonrelated bullshit.

Thanks guys.

#36 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:33 AM

it's a team effort, so thanks to everyone!

#37 Eisce

Eisce

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 23-September 06

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

Gosh yeah,

Everything in moderation, good bad or indifferent. Keep up the good work fellas.

#38 Eisce

Eisce

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 23-September 06

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:12 AM

Gosh yeah,

Everything in moderation, good bad or indifferent. Keep up the good work fellas.

#39 Eisce

Eisce

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 23-September 06

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:16 AM

Uh oh, looks like we're in need of some moderation.

Gosh yeah,

#40 chadwickmerrywether3

chadwickmerrywether3

untitled

• Members
  • 5688 posts
  • Joined 23-May 06

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:39 AM

Don't want to start a new thread but I must ask somewhere...how do I change my Av/Sig in my profile?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users