IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Problems with Tremulant Remaster

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 froggy1

froggy1

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 11-June 13

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

SOOO, to sum up the "discussion" the flac files that are being downloaded from Bandcamp are actually up converted MP3's (Yeah, the 320 mp3's may NOT have been compressed twice. Maybe higher res files have just been up converted.) Doesn't mean the songs aren't remastered, just means that even people who KNOW they can't tell the difference between the two without looking at a spectrograph are upset because they didn't get what they paid for. Is that about right?

this is whats says in bandcamp:

Why the WAV/AIFF/FLAC upload requirement? Why don’t you just accept MP3s?

It’s all about maximizing flexibility for you and your fans. WAV, AIFF and FLAC are high-fidelity (lossless) formats. By starting with the highest possible quality source, we’re able to convert your tracks into a bunch of different format and quality combinations, including MP3 (320, VBR V0), Ogg VorbisApple LosslessFLACand AAC (aka .m4a or iTunes store format). Sure, most fans will just want the MP3 and won’t know or care about anything else, but there’s a rabid minority out there who will love that you’re giving them a choice. And if a new format/quality becomes à la mode (like when Amazon’s MP3 store made iTunes’ 128k AACs seem antiquated), we’ll transcode to that too, without you having to do a thing.

#62 Entity

Entity

Black & White Surveillance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Joined 01-July 03

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

So i suppose by now this is just not getting fixed? Noone around the band gives a shit?

#63 ldr

ldr

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1815 posts
  • Joined 10-January 08

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

It's really not even that big of a deal.

#64 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3010 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

It's really not even that big of a deal.

To some people, maybe. Personally I'm not anymore going to pay a single cent for Nadie releases until I know for sure that the files aren't shitty mp3 upconverts.

#65 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11788 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

It's not a big deal to me honestly but I want it to get fixed based on the standard it sets. Mataxia has pointed out that the fix isn't even really that hard either.

#66 swoonlp

swoonlp

Underneath the surface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3567 posts
  • Joined 12-October 13

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

So i suppose by now this is just not getting fixed? Noone around the band gives a shit?

Honnestly, I'm pretty sure what's on their mind is getting the album mixed, adding the final touch to the artworks, booklets and other stuff, doing the full tour organization or managing anything press related before the ANTEMASQUE album drops.

After all tof this is over, I'm p sure they'll take the time to get back on this issue.

#67 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5716 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Honnestly, I'm pretty sure what's on their mind is getting the album mixed, adding the final touch to the artworks, booklets and other stuff, doing the full tour organization or managing anything press related before the ANTEMASQUE album drops.

After all tof this is over, I'm p sure they'll take the time to get back on this issue.

Doubt it sadly.

Can't wait for the vinyl reissues to be MP3 rips too.

#68 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5234 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Heh. I laugh, but I swear that I've got an ORL vinyl (possibly Absence Makes The Heart) with 2 second mp3 gaps between tracks.

#69 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • 6205 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Heh. I laugh, but I swear that I've got an ORL vinyl (possibly Absence Makes The Heart) with 2 second mp3 gaps between tracks.

The gaps from mp3 aren't 2 seconds, you're getting confused with the gaps from redbook standard cd. MP3>CDAudio gaps are more like a tiny blip.

#70 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5234 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

The gaps from mp3 aren't 2 seconds, you're getting confused with the gaps from redbook standard cd. MP3>CDAudio gaps are more like a tiny blip.

Ok, fine. But still- a correctly pressed vinyl record should not have gaps! EG: Octahedron plays through with not a moment's silence. Perhaps they had more money to print that (the record is coloured, and heavier) but COME ON- for an artist who says he is a vinyl enthusiast to not print to record properly was very disappointing.

#71 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1133 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:37 AM

It's not like they cared when hundreds of thousands of defective Frances the Mute CDs got printed and shipped out.

#72 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5716 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

It's not like they cared when hundreds of thousands of defective Frances the Mute CDs got printed and shipped out.

That's a bit different as that really had nothing to do with them and it was up to Universal to correct that error.

#73 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1133 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

That's a bit different as that really had nothing to do with them and it was up to Universal to correct that error.

Of course it was Universal's responsibility. That doesn't mean it stops being Omar and Cedric's hard work that got shit on.

#74 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

What was defective about the CDs?  One of my Frances CDs was all messed up fresh out of the box.

#75 Pongo

Pongo

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

On my version, the Widow has like 3 minutes of white noise afterward.

#76 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3010 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

What was defective about the CDs?  One of my Frances CDs was all messed up fresh out of the box.

Multiple clicks and pops throughout Miranda and Cassandra, present on all digital versions (but not on vinyl).

#77 JJTheMute

JJTheMute

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined 22-April 09

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

This thread is hilarious and the band isn't going to re-remaster the files because that's ridiculous. 

#78 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5716 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

Multiple clicks and pops throughout Miranda and Cassandra, present on all digital versions (but not on vinyl).

That's not what I think he was referring to.  You are referencing issues with the digital mix (or master?).  

There were a bunch of copies that were released that were straight up defective and sounded like shit

#79 johnb820

johnb820

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1133 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Twitter

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

I was referring to the clicks and pops which were never explained. It seems to point towards a mastering problem though...

Edit: Oh yea not to mention they actually tagged the album wrong.

#80 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5716 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

I was referring to the clicks and pops which were never explained. It seems to point towards a mastering problem though...

Edit: Oh yea not to mention they actually tagged the album wrong.

I completely forgot how messed up the id3 tags were if you ripped the cd.

But there were also a bunch of defective copies outside of the clipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users