IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Jeremy WardRIP... what if..

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 FrancessecnarF

FrancessecnarF

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

I'm sure this has been talked about much but what do you guys think Frances would have been like with Jeremy Ward on sound? I can't stop thinking of how much better that album would've been! Makes my eyes water, fucking sucks!!!!!!! :wacko:

#2 lv42swordmasterI

lv42swordmasterI

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined 07-October 03

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:05 AM

thread has been done
many times

#3 Metrognomes

Metrognomes

"reverse the polarity of the neutron flow."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7501 posts
  • Joined 19-March 07

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

many times. :rolleyes:

#4 FrancessecnarF

FrancessecnarF

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

Damnit! Keep forgetting it's 2008, and that I haven't visited this board since early 05. Oh well, no need to keep dwelling but that guy was incredible.

#5 Metrognomes

Metrognomes

"reverse the polarity of the neutron flow."

• Members
  • 7501 posts
  • Joined 19-March 07

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

it's kool.

:happy:

#6 Cyggy

Cyggy

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 19667 posts
  • Joined 11-March 07
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music! c0ma pwny

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

So, take an album that has a shit load of sounds and add even more sounds on top of that?

awesome :rolleyes:

hehe...

#7 lv42swordmasterI

lv42swordmasterI

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined 07-October 03

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:04 AM

So, take an album that has a shit load of sounds and add even more sounds on top of that?

hehe...

jeremy did have a major part in writing the music and lyrics
just an fyi
he did do more than "noise n shit "

#8 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2433 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

I was watching the coachella dvd just now and i never watched the white stripes bit but it played through and cedric and jeremy were interviewed before the stooges

#9 nrich

nrich

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Joined 19-October 07

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

hehe...

jeremy did have a major part in writing the music and lyrics
just an fyi
he did do more than "noise n shit "

yeah lol what a faggy fag fag

#10 Pluto Puppy

Pluto Puppy

น้องฟ้า

• Members
  • 6433 posts
  • Joined 14-March 05
  • Interests:Talking in my sleep, going to Indiana Jones themed parties and beating up midgets.
  • Facebook

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

I think the little group of people who for some reason think that Jeremy Ward is some kind of musical genius is my favorite subculture of TMV fans.
From a humor standpoint, naturally.

#11 Hero407

Hero407

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

I think the little group of people who for some reason think that Jeremy Ward is some kind of musical genius is my favorite subculture of TMV fans.

What about the HUGE group of people that think he was a pretty cool guy who happened to be a part of two innovative music groups(de facto, tmv). I haven't seen many people trying to compare Jeremy Ward and Frank Zappa but for what it's worth Jeremy was an alright musician but had exquisite taste and was probably a hell of a lot cooler than most people who use these message boards.

#12 spoonbend

spoonbend

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

What about the HUGE group of people that think he was a pretty cool guy who happened to be a part of two innovative music groups(de facto, tmv). I haven't seen many people trying to compare Jeremy Ward and Frank Zappa but for what it's worth Jeremy was an alright musician but had exquisite taste and was probably a hell of a lot cooler than most people who use these message boards.

ahhh shit!!! I think he means you thedoorsdk...yo shits wizzzeak!!!!....shiiiiittttssss weeeaaakkkk

#13 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

I am continually amazed when I listen to Deloused on headphones at some of the complex stereo stuff bouncing around my head, stuff I don't hear on the other albums. Now that could be Rick Rubin, but it doesn't sound like something I'd hear from the guy who produces Dixie Chicks, Johnny Cash, and Neil Diamond. So I credit it to Jeremy. I've also heard many people claim that Jeremy co-wrote many of the lyrics on Deloused. If he was part of that genius, than I really am sad for what he could have done had he lived longer. I recently read an interview where Cedric mentions what a talented artist and writer he was.

Please don't get the impression that I'm one of those retro fans who wishes TMV would do another Deloused, though. My current favorite album is actually Frances; my current favorite TMV song is Tetris, and my current most frequently played album is TBiG. I'm just acknowledging that there was something special and unique about the sound and lyrics of Deloused, and it makes sense to give some of that credit to Jeremy.

#14 Notam

Notam

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts
  • Joined 20-February 07

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

I am continually amazed when I listen to Deloused on headphones at some of the complex stereo stuff bouncing around my head, stuff I don't hear on the other albums. Now that could be Rick Rubin, but it doesn't sound like something I'd hear from the guy who produces Dixie Chicks, Johnny Cash, and Neil Diamond. So I credit it to Jeremy. I've also heard many people claim that Jeremy co-wrote many of the lyrics on Deloused. If he was part of that genius, than I really am sad for what he could have done had he lived longer. I recently read an interview where Cedric mentions what a talented artist and writer he was.

Please don't get the impression that I'm one of those retro fans who wishes TMV would do another Deloused, though. My current favorite album is actually Frances; my current favorite TMV song is Tetris, and my current most frequently played album is TBiG. I'm just acknowledging that there was something special and unique about the sound and lyrics of Deloused, and it makes sense to give some of that credit to Jeremy.

honestly, I think Deloused has weak lyrics compared to Frances and Bedlam.

#15 goliath imo

goliath imo

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3270 posts
  • Joined 28-September 04

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

If Jeremy hadn't died Cedric or Omar would have.

#16 Meu

Meu

Queen of the Drunkship

• Members
  • 7621 posts
  • Joined 15-November 05

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

Delete your thread.

#17 vanzetti

vanzetti

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

not this crap again...

#18 feelmytool

feelmytool

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts
  • Joined 16-March 05
  • Interests:...........?

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

To ask what Frances would sound like with Jeremy is like asking how the war in Iraq would be without George Bush. IT WOULD NOT EXSIST SIR, DELETE YOUR THREAD SO YOUR FLAWED LOGIC IS DISREGARDED.

#19 codywearsox

codywearsox

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 22-May 08

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

what if.... syd barret was in the police

#20 FrancessecnarF

FrancessecnarF

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

To ask what Frances would sound like with Jeremy is like asking how the war in Iraq would be without George Bush. IT WOULD NOT EXSIST SIR, DELETE YOUR THREAD SO YOUR FLAWED LOGIC IS DISREGARDED.

No. I am entitled to my opinion and that's it. Just because I haven't visited this board every f'n day for the 3 last three years I get ridiculed for every post I make. This board actually has a very bad rap, and it's obvious why. By the way, that's a sick pick of Reznor!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users