IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Pearl Jam

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#41 clipside72

clipside72

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:21 AM

where's...chewmauro (?) i think he's our PJ person. well one of them at least. i do so like pearl jam, though i only own 10.

:)
I am the resident Pearl Jam fan. The reason I am here is because way back when a friend on the PJ BBS got me into ATDI.

One of the best rock and roll bands ever. A stellar live show. I love their later stuff. I am just gonna leave it at that because I could bring down Theory's server with my praise for my favorite band.

PS: Kilman, do you tour with them?

I second that, they are one of my all time favorites. I never understood why people stopped listening to them after Ten and Vs. IMO, their best stuff is after those two records. They stayed true to themselves and their music....

#42 PiRo

PiRo

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2192 posts
  • Joined 09-September 03
  • Interests:Jelly Babies
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:20 AM

i love "This is Shragrila"

MLB made some awesome music

best two pearl jam songs are off the singles soundtrack

if you like pearl jam, check out some of my band's music...we're a jam band...our drummer sings on this track, but our singer sounds like eddie vedder/scott weiland...highly influenced by PJ tho
Rupa "The Wave"

#43 Kilman

Kilman

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 05-November 03

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:44 AM

Hell yes i tour with them. This past tour i was at..
Nashville
Atlanta
Lexington
St. Louis
Champaign
and Indianapolis

I also got to go to the Showbox shows and 1 of the Key Arena shows in December 02.

#44 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:15 AM

I was in some bass lessons in 2nd semester of high school. I was the single girl, and all the other guys were Pearl Jam freaks who would play their songs all the time, while the teacher would tell me 'you suck at bassplaying, chicks are only good for making tortillas'.
In conclusion, I hate Pearl Jam. And I want them dead.

lol people and their silly reasons for not liking bands. and so harsh, you want to see them dead. hopefully you before them.

your a lovely guy. shut the fuck up.

#45 Sara

Sara

dead so i've played to merely turn him on

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Interests:I should have loved a thunderbird instead; <br />At least when spring comes they roar back again.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:28 AM

where's...chewmauro (?) i think he's our PJ person. well one of them at least. i do so like pearl jam, though i only own 10. 

:)
I am the resident Pearl Jam fan.

damn i'm glad i was right then! i keep meaning to buy another pearl jame cd, but whenever i do, i keep getting sidetracked by other cds (this happens quite quite often)

#46 Lost In The Air

Lost In The Air

Lost in the Nair

• Members
  • 5873 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:Artsy fartsy stuff, cryptozoology, montauk project, the silent hill series, experimental science, jamming in free jazz pick up bands, wearing funny hats, moogs, trying to con the manager at pizza hut into giving me their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Time arcade machine, surrealism, the avant garde in general, painting, turning that one cheapo delay pedal I have to max repeats then strike a single chord and watch the walls melt, trying to find out where the hole under my house goes, getting really drunk and arm wrestling at the shifty bar outside of work, most likely embarrasing myself in the process, crossbreeding vegetables, keeping the phone off the hook, collecting toasters and microwaves, talking to my burt reynolds like neighbor, hiding behind the waterfall in the summer only to jump out scaring the kids as they try to trespass on old man belinski's land so they can swim in that sweet sweet spot, talking about finishing my mural on the local High School's chemistry lab, never actually working on it though, jumping to conclusions, winning under suspicious circumstances, faking my death, listening to Bill Cosby records

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:31 AM

No Code and Vitalogy are both quite excellent

#47 Bonzo

Bonzo

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 09-October 03
  • Interests:all major arts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:05 AM

once upon a time I was collecting boots '90-'95 (a looot of stuff, both audio and video), and although I love Ed jumping and screaming in '92 I cannot watch him or listen to him today. It hurts. Jane's Addiction are older as a band and they still kick ass, the same with Tool. Pearl Jam is over.
And Nirvana's Bleach is my pick for the best grunge record ever. And then I place Dirt by Alice In Chains with whom I was in love for a long time (R.I.P Layne)

#48 Bonzo

Bonzo

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 09-October 03
  • Interests:all major arts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:08 AM

and Green River :)

#49 Moosmadness

Moosmadness

Phaethon Prime Radamanthus

• Members
  • 6080 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:To Vegemite We Toast

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:48 AM

i dont mind them. its that kind of generic rock you can listen to without anything sticking in. but vs is a fucking brilliant album, i must asy. other than, its all the same

Is VS the one with the ram on the frount?

If so then I must say Solaris that you and I have such a similar taste in music. . . ..

#50 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:49 AM

it is. and i knew that already :biggrin:

#51 Moosmadness

Moosmadness

• Members
  • 6080 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:57 PM

it is. and i knew that already :biggrin:

Well what's your favourite song from VS???????

#52 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:07 PM

indifference

but hey, at least its the right cd

#53 Moosmadness

Moosmadness

• Members
  • 6080 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:11 PM

Well just for the record I think mine is called Rearview Mirror? I'm not sure of the names of the songs . . ..

I was going to say we were seperated at birth if we liked the same song but now I'm sure one of us is a bastard child.

#54 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:16 PM

:biggrin: damn. the whole age difference as well... but shhh.

#55 The Flamboyance

The Flamboyance

deja el show

• Members
  • 10668 posts
  • Joined 03-September 03
  • Interests:nothin'

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:09 PM

NoNoNo. I can only stomach some of their songs. Although a friends of mine really likes them....i mean really really really likes them.

#56 Sambo

Sambo

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Joined 29-October 03

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:56 AM

i'm a big fan of pearl jam my uncle's a bigger fan though he's got all there cd's and a heap of other stuff they've released so i just go to his house and sit down and listen to pearl jam on his big mother fuckin speakers mmmm delicious :eating:

#57 chewmauro

chewmauro

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2327 posts
  • Joined 14-July 03
  • Interests:All I ever wanted was someone to let me live my own life.

Posted 09 February 2004 - 03:32 AM

Hell yes i tour with them. This past tour i was at..
Nashville
Atlanta
Lexington
St. Louis
Champaign
and Indianapolis

I also got to go to the Showbox shows and 1 of the Key Arena shows in December 02.

Very cool. I only made it to Buffalo and State College. What am I saying 'only' hahaha. It was the best 2 days of my life.
I was supposed to be at both MSG shows, Toronto, and Uniondale. Unfortunately some girl troubles kinda left me ticket less.

So happy to see someone here who is crazy enough to love PJ as much as me. I am praying that they announce some US dates as part of a mini-tour. Maybe I'll catch you at a show sometime, always fun hanging with random fans.

#58 Stalktheground11

Stalktheground11

The Bling Bling Voyager Version 3.2

• Members
  • 14170 posts
  • Joined 11-November 03
  • Interests:ROLLERBLADING

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:11 AM

As far as i'm concerned, Pearl Jam was my key to real music. Yeah, I can make concessions for Eddie's voice and their "generic" rock sound, but in my humble opinion, they are the last vestige of truly "classic" rock along the lines of the Rolling Stones, The Who and Led Zeppelin. These days emo/nu-metal kids are too busy screaming, indie rockers are too busy trying to write that perfect noise-pop song, jam bands are too busy noodling away, etc. No one wants to right a straight up undeniable rock song that is not shallow but not reaching for some echelon of profundity (like admittedly a lot of TMV songs are). On top of all this, they give almost sickening support to their fans.

#59 justin314

justin314

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts
  • Joined 11-December 03
  • Interests:music

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

i just got their live at benaroya hall acoustic show. 'sigh' i missed pearl jam. i haven't listend to them any in months. such great songs. they sound amazing on this.

#60 mellowshipslinky

mellowshipslinky

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:38 PM

i really dont like pearl jam. the only song of theirs i like is do the evolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users