IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Stop sucking

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jTrippy

jTrippy

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 26-August 07

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

I posted the interview I did with Ikey in the main forum, which apparently isn't worthy because he mostly talks about FMA, even though he does give SOME insight about TMV. Not only did it not post because apparently no one is worthy to post in the main forum anymore, but when it did it was moved to the "Vondelpark" subforum, which is a completely useless and unviewed subforum I might add and could easily fit in the main forum (are people really gonna be that confused between member projects and the actual band? and how much on a given day is there to talk about the band anyway?)

Anyway, I deleted the topic because your moderation in general sucks. I see total crap posted on the main forum everyday and when I post something that's actually kind of interesting you remove it. Fuck you. I have at least one other TMV member interview slated, but I'm not posting it here. The Coma sucks.

#2 sier

sier

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Joined 29-May 04

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

If Jeff Jordan's interview is in the main news section, yours should be as well.

#3 poega

poega

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Joined 19-September 09

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

What a worthless thing to get so brutally butthurt over. I saw ur post and it was cool, I like this forum tho, its moderation along with it.

#4 jTrippy

jTrippy

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 26-August 07

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Sorry, we have to make room for the million hypothetical threads, bullshit rumors and unsolicited essay-length opinions no one cares about.

#5 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Great interview. The subforum doesn't really make a difference to me, because I use the "View New Posts" link at the top to read the coma. Doesn't everybody?

#6 adderas

adderas

RESIDENT BACKWARD FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6441 posts
  • Joined 23-November 09

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

Great interview. The subforum doesn't really make a difference to me, because I use the "View New Posts" link at the top to read the coma. Doesn't everybody?

This is how I roll.

#7 a doubt

a doubt

Cassandra Geminni

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
  • Interests:frusciante fan :)
  • Twitter

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

I posted the interview I did with Ikey in the main forum, which apparently isn't worthy because he mostly talks about FMA, even though he does give SOME insight about TMV. Not only did it not post because apparently no one is worthy to post in the main forum anymore, but when it did it was moved to the "Vondelpark" subforum, which is a completely useless and unviewed subforum I might add and could easily fit in the main forum (are people really gonna be that confused between member projects and the actual band? and how much on a given day is there to talk about the band anyway?)

Anyway, I deleted the topic because your moderation in general sucks. I see total crap posted on the main forum everyday and when I post something that's actually kind of interesting you remove it. Fuck you. I have at least one other TMV member interview slated, but I'm not posting it here. The Coma sucks.

I haven't even seen your interview, simply because I am not online 24 hours a day. But let me explain at least some of the things you mentioned.

Posts in the main forum have to be approved by a moderator or administrator, that seems necessary because this forum is the most frequented by far so this helps to keep the amount of topics manageable. For example often there are new topics that contain questions or remarks that already have been posted in another topic, so the option is to just merge these topics. Or there are useless topics (spam, harassement e.g.) that won't get approval.

From what you wrote the interview with Ikey was mainly about FMA, with some remarks about TMV, so it does fit more the description of the "Vondelpark" subforum. If a topic gets moved, there is still a link in the forum it was in before, so at that time everybody was able to see the notice about the interview and was able to read it by simply clicking on the link, even if he had never heard of the "Vondelpark" subforum before. And as other users said, a lot of users just follow the "View New Posts" link, so they had the chance to notice the topic as well.

I agree with you that there is a lot of crap posted in the main forum. It's not possible to keep track on every post, and it's probably not worth, because if TMV have shitty fans, then that's how it is. If it's getting nasty, there will be someone of the mods/admins interfering (every user could interfere if people are verbally bashing each other), but a forum is not aimed at censoring (count how many times a mod/admin is called "Nazi").

I'm sorry to hear you deleted your topic about the interview, I would have loved to read it and I'm sure a lot of other users that don't visit the Comatorium every day would have enjoyed it, too.

#8 i roll

i roll

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts
  • Joined 25-December 06
  • Interests:music, art, friends, traveling, food

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

stop bitching.

about nothing.

you bored fuck.

now go outside and play.

#9 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7663 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Yep.

Oh, and removing the topic is kinda childish.

#10 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4644 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

Sorry, we have to make room for the million hypothetical threads, bullshit rumors and unsolicited essay-length opinions no one cares about.

Yes, I do this, but it becomes a problem when I actually want to go find a thread that I was looking at earlier that doesn't have any new posts and I have no f'ing idea where it is.

Honestly, while I commend the creators of the site for the intense amount of effort that went into organizing/naming the various subforums, the fact is there is a comically unnecessary amount of subforums, made even more ridiculous when one considers the amount of activity (not very much). Granted, not much is going on with TMV right now, but, still, there is clearly a dedicated fanbase who wants to talk about the band. I believe this forum could be doing a MUCH better job of giving these fans an outlet to talk about the band.

#11 adderas

adderas

RESIDENT BACKWARD FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN.

• Members
  • 6441 posts
  • Joined 23-November 09

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

The forums are fine.

#12 Triceratops

Triceratops

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1645 posts
  • Joined 08-June 06
  • Interests:Your Mom.

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

The forums are fine.

agreed.

there is not much going on with the band right now but once things get rolling, like a new album, tour, etc. things will be bumping, especially if a leak rolls around (which is not allowed to be shared on the forums/PM only). keep in mind that alot of peeps have grown out of TMV and no longer visit forums or many fans dont have access to a computer. i have somewhat grown out of TMV but i still like them nonetheless. just give it some time.

#13 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

The forums are fine.

#14 OMAR ALFREDO RODRIGUEZ LOP

OMAR ALFREDO RODRIGUEZ LOP

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined 02-December 07

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:55 AM

fine as iced wine baby B)

#15 physalia

physalia

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Joined 14-December 09
  • Interests:chaos, anarchy, vinyl, you, me
  • Facebook

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

I use the "View New Posts" link at the top to read the coma. Doesn't everybody?

wow! i never knew about this! i will have to try it out...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users