IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Circa SurviveNew album, Nov 2014

• Please log in to reply
746 replies to this topic

#1 ToRn_

ToRn_

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 30-August 04

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:38 PM

Its another band with Anthony Green ( Saosin, The Sounds Of Animals Fighting) in it. I was just wondering if anyone knows if they have an EP or Album out because I haven't seen anything. I've downloaded two of their songs and I really liked it.

#2 pi

pi

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 22-November 03

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:45 PM

So annoying. God damn. This girl made me download an mp3 by them (not sure of the title) and that voice just pissed me off. They seem too girly for me

#3 ToRn_

ToRn_

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 30-August 04

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

I like Anthony Greens voice a lot. I dunno, I like the girl voices and the high pitch voices...

#4 pi

pi

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 22-November 03

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:07 PM

Lots of people like his voice. I once saw people on a forum praising him and were astonished to know that he has never taken vocal/singing lessons. No wonder he's awful.

Opinions are sometimes somewhat like assholes

#5 prehistoric

prehistoric

Ukiyo-e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9111 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:21 PM

I hate them.

#6 kineticlops lol

kineticlops lol

[____________________]

• Members
  • 10723 posts
  • Joined 04-March 04
  • Interests:varied

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:37 PM

I've only heard that one song by circa survive... I like most of it, but certain parts of it bug me a bit. Kinda like most of his songs... I always have one little pet peeve about them. But overall I enjoy his stuff and I think his voice is quite enjoyable

both circa survive and sounds of animals fighting are too similar to saosin though, and I thought he left saosin to pursue his own musical interests

#7 redefyne

redefyne

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Joined 07-July 03

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

Best new band around. Circa survive and saosin sound nothing alike apart from having the same vocalist at the time. the music is totally different

#8 LDOS

LDOS

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • Joined 25-November 03

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:01 PM

amazing band

#9 fifi_25

fifi_25

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • Joined 07-February 04

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:26 PM

Forensics > Circa survive

#10 justin314

justin314

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts
  • Joined 11-December 03
  • Interests:music

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:31 PM

i haven't heard them yet. but they will be touring with dredg. and lots of people on the dredg(traversing) board are going nuts over them. they also compare them to tmv a lot. i will check them out soon.

#11 hellecaster

hellecaster

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 10406 posts
  • Joined 29-April 04

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:32 PM

too much vocal double tracking

#12 kineticlops lol

kineticlops lol

[____________________]

• Members
  • 10723 posts
  • Joined 04-March 04
  • Interests:varied

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:50 PM

well I heard their album Juturna yesterday, and it had its moments. It had some very pretty sounding parts.. but nothing really stands out in my mind about it, and I'm not exactly rushing back to listen to it again. I've learned to not judge albums after the first listen, but it seemed to really drag in places, and got kind of redundant

#13 toxicsludgeboy

toxicsludgeboy

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:13 AM

ordered their ep yesterday, it should be here soon. yipee.

#14 virulenthives

virulenthives

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
  • Joined 10-November 04

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:49 AM

i have a mix of saosin, and while i love saosin, and anthony green might have a great voice, he goes so out of tune sometimes. some people can pull off pitch discrepancies, but he certainly can NOT.

#15 TMVTremulant

TMVTremulant

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2464 posts
  • Joined 23-November 03

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:09 AM

eh I can stand him better then Coheed

#16 sadeyedlife

sadeyedlife

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 12-February 05
  • Interests:drawing, writing, guitar/bass/cello, Lou Reed, JoyDivision, the blood brothers, Elvis Crespo, Jeff Buckley, Orquestra Guayacan, Gumby, David Bowie, LIARS, YYY, the Kinison, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, TFOT, "Equus", "Crime and Punishment"

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:15 AM

coheed gets on my nerves, and the constant comparisons of Claudio and Cedric's voices get on my nerves. anthony green is creeping up there too. i don't think he's all that great, and i absolutely loathe Saosin. someone said the other day that he (Anthony Green) could go toe-to-toe vocally with Cedric any day and win. i don't think i can agree.

#17 toxicsludgeboy

toxicsludgeboy

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:30 AM

i dont know what coheed has to do with anything. i've only heard a few saosin songs, i think they're alright. i haven't heard anthony green live, but i bet his voice sucks in concert. i still like circa survive though.

#18 motherprussia

motherprussia

Creep/Weirdo

• Members
  • 18340 posts
  • Joined 22-September 03
  • Interests:Peter Gabriel, buttplugs, interracial marriage, banjos, soft serve ice cream, Wal-Greens, independent trucking, Andrew Johnson, Cheerios, Deep Woods OFF, wool scarves, repetition, hobbies, lace, red pepper flakes, pine forest scent
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Twitter

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:39 AM

I've only heard that one song by circa survive...  I like most of it, but certain parts of it bug me a bit.  Kinda like most of his songs... I always have one little pet peeve about them.  But overall I enjoy his stuff and I think his voice is quite enjoyable

both circa survive and sounds of animals fighting are too similar to saosin though, and I thought he left saosin to pursue his own musical interests

View Post

you've probably just been smokin' but i don't know how these three bands are related musically...and circa survive sounds nothing like tmv either...

...and yeah, i really liked the circa survive cd at first listen, but now, i dunno, i'll have to listen to it some more...it's lacking some energy, and that's usually the thing i treasure most in music

#19 toxicsludgeboy

toxicsludgeboy

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:52 PM

you've probably just been smokin' but i don't know how these three bands are related musically...and circa survive sounds nothing like tmv either...

View Post

anthony green sings in all of them. and they still don't have anything to do with the mars volta.

#20 redefyne

redefyne

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Joined 07-July 03

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

circa survive are more dredg like than tmv like. i dig them a lot. can't wait to see them. however saosin and tsoaf are both aces. he's been a lot of really good projects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users