IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

ORL Projects6.24.16

• Please log in to reply
3434 replies to this topic

#3421 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:48 PM

i will gladly eat my crow in the form of 28 albums but it's hard to look past things like nadie and deimos

So the original website had 28 grids? We got only 23 albums, so There are at least 5 more
Yes about that....
Ipecac series is dead. Botched in a totally Omar way. His discography is now in multi-label hell.
Huh? 23 albums = dead?
When it was supposed to be 28 albums and we are on 2+ years of radio silence then yes it is dead.

We've been over this, but that whole series, while appreciated and enjoyed, was also a total PR shitshow.

Love you guys but you need to chill on the passive aggressive entitlement.
Using words like “botched,” “dead,” “shitshow” when referring to Omar...not a good look for this community.
So his Web designer makes a simple webpage with 28 “slots”, no need to over-analyze that.

If you all knew what’s being planned for next year...

#3422 Palo Alto

Palo Alto

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Joined 24-November 07

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:44 AM

i will gladly eat my crow in the form of 28 albums but it's hard to look past things like nadie and deimos

So the original website had 28 grids? We got only 23 albums, so There are at least 5 more
Yes about that....
Ipecac series is dead. Botched in a totally Omar way. His discography is now in multi-label hell.
Huh? 23 albums = dead?
When it was supposed to be 28 albums and we are on 2+ years of radio silence then yes it is dead.

We've been over this, but that whole series, while appreciated and enjoyed, was also a total PR shitshow.

Love you guys but you need to chill on the passive aggressive entitlement.
Using words like “botched,” “dead,” “shitshow” when referring to Omar...not a good look for this community.
So his Web designer makes a simple webpage with 28 “slots”, no need to over-analyze that.

If you all knew what’s being planned for next year...

I wouldn't go in that hard, and we are lucky to have had so much music, but when labels and Omar have promised boxset this, remastered that etc... then it's fair game when it doesn't happen.

#3423 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2956 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:01 PM

I wouldn’t say “it’s fair game”. That’s entitlement. Even if we’re told that they’re working on something to release, it doesn’t mean it’s now OWED to us. Sure it’s disappointing, and confusing.

#3424 Palo Alto

Palo Alto

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Joined 24-November 07

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:54 AM

Oh yeah, I agree with you there.

#3425 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:11 PM

I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing for people to hold others accountable for their words. I mean, if you tell me you’re bringing turkey to my thanksgiving dinner, you’d better show up with a fucking turkey.

I know there is a world of issues that can crop up and throw a wrench in the gears of best laid plans, but when 90% of the shit you say is on the way never sees the light of day, I think a little tongue-in-cheek ribbing is probably well deserved.

#3426 logos

logos

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2907 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:06 PM

I wouldn’t say “it’s fair game”. That’s entitlement. Even if we’re told that they’re working on something to release, it doesn’t mean it’s now OWED to us. Sure it’s disappointing, and confusing.

You weren’t there man

#3427 Germn F.

Germn F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2518 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:14 AM

Just saw Deantoni live at Clouds Hill. Omar is here too!
I don't know if that means something, but as a good comatorian I felt like I had to share this info.
Ahhh and we saw tape reels with "orl 12/2019" and "Bosnian Rainbows 2" on the shelves...

Deantoni was awesome! Technoself is incredible live.

Omar and deantoni probably recorded three albums the next day, which will never get released

#3428 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10069 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:09 AM

Theyre probs pretty bad anyways

#3429 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5899 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing for people to hold others accountable for their words. I mean, if you tell me you’re bringing turkey to my thanksgiving dinner, you’d better show up with a fucking turkey.

I know there is a world of issues that can crop up and throw a wrench in the gears of best laid plans, but when 90% of the shit you say is on the way never sees the light of day, I think a little tongue-in-cheek ribbing is probably well deserved.

Basically this.  You can love an artist and hold them accountable at the same time.  I can't imagine another musician will top Omar in my eyes, but my goodness does he overpromise from Scabdates 2, to 24 or 28 new solo albums that will get physical releases, to Bosnian Rainbows 2 he has a knack for saying things are happening that aren't.  Once he says the release is happening it is no longer entitlement, its an expectation that he will commit to what he said he would do.  It's not like when this stuff doesn't happen he provides a logical explanation of label issues, dissatisfaction with the product, or even "eh fuck it I've been streaming Everybody Love Raymond", but rather there is nothing, just radio silence.

It's the same song and dance we've been doing with him for well over a decade now.  

#3430 Germn F.

Germn F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2518 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

After so many years, I thought all of you would know Omar is only going to work on stuff that interests him at the time, and actually releasing the work is almost irrelevant in most cases for him. The twenty plus solo albums that came out a few years ago were only released because people close to him convinced him, they were just lost in drives.

#3431 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4429 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:46 PM

Why would he rerecord whole albums with no intentions of releasing them?

#3432 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5693 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:45 PM

fun?

#3433 kiwi

kiwi

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Joined 28-March 13

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:15 PM

naaahh

#3434 Somniloquist

Somniloquist

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 08-February 18
  • Interests:Role playing, occasional video game activity, music. That's it! One day, I will be cultured.

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:29 PM

Well, he's said in interviews that solo material is kind of like "journals", and that he likes the process of recording, etc.. The technical concerns around releasing them might be tiresome to him, whether it be packaging or just whatever formalities have to be worked out. I can see a creative and anxious person (which Omar strikes me as) being reluctant to go through whatever rigmarole is involved and, if something hits the slightest snag, have an unearthly capacity for procrastination. I mean, there's processes I've stopped 1/3 of the way through because some small thing needed correcting by someone I needed to make a phone call to, and I didn't feel like doing it. It's reasonable to expect people to be more professional and disciplined than someone like me, of course. I'm just saying, it's not so hard to see simple reasons why things might wind up unreleased, never mind more complex ones (changing relationships with old work, lost material, whatever).

#3435 Peidru

Peidru

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 10-April 14

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:21 PM

12/2019 or 12/2018??

*12/2018

Sorryyy!

5 user(s) are reading this topic