IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Pink FloydPulse DVD

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2108 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Today, 01:04 AM

there's plenty of great bootlegged shit out there but as for official: wembley 1974 on the wish you were here deluxe edition, or stockholm 1967 from the early years box

#42 olympusmons

olympusmons

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined 25-April 06

Posted Today, 02:07 AM

The Oakland (or is it Anaheim) 1977 show from the Animals tour is a great bootleg. Has the last performance of Careful with That Axe Eugene.

The Wall studio album is lacking. The live version is much much better (Is Anybody Out There?). I have the Earls Court 1980 vid (downloaded from The Traders Den many years ago), cool to watch for its archival historical interest. Always hoped they'd put out that full show on BluRay warts and all.

I pretty much like the Waters years sans The Final Cut.

#43 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2108 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Today, 02:09 AM

yeah the oakland 77 show is THE best audience recording ive ever heard by someone who isn't mike millard

#44 Fonz

Fonz

Truth soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7814 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06
  • Interests:Creative and really channeling music, the sounds must carry the life force of what it is meant to be. I really enjoy good horror and consider myself a constitutionalist and patriot.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted Today, 03:52 AM

Do you know if there are archives of their shows somewhere? Maybe archive.org?

#45 Bedlampuhedron

Bedlampuhedron

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2985 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11
  • Interests:china china china

Posted Today, 03:57 AM

Animals is my favorite from start to finish. Great concept album. Piper is neat for its rawness. Saucerful is okay. Meddle is nice as hell. DSOTM goes without saying, WYWH is great but it was never my favorite. Too sentimental sounding. AHM is cool every now and then. Summer song is dope. Final Cut is awful and Endless River is okay/great in some parts.

Live at Pompeii is awesome. Wish there was another concept concert recording or something.

I love Animals. But I also love The Wall and you didn't even mention it!!

Echoes is just so good that it puts Meddle up there on it's own. Not to say that the rest of the album isn't good.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond is one of my favorite songs ever, and it's not like the rest of Wish You Were Here is filler. So yeah I frickin love that album.

And I like The Final Cut.

#46 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2108 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted Today, 04:09 AM

Do you know if there are archives of their shows somewhere? Maybe archive.org?

not archive, afaik yeeshkul is the premiere bootlegging community for pf

#47 Fonz

Fonz

Truth soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7814 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06
  • Interests:Creative and really channeling music, the sounds must carry the life force of what it is meant to be. I really enjoy good horror and consider myself a constitutionalist and patriot.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted Today, 12:52 PM

Thanks swan song I'll check it out. And bedlam, I didn't mention the wall because I few posts above me we were discussing our... indifference toward it. I like several of its songs, but overall it's too long for its own good in my opinion. I forgot to mention Umma Gumma it's also a crazy weird ass album I enjoy once in a while. Good experimentation on there.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Fonz