IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Red Hot Chili Peppers (RHCP)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#1081 Petra

Petra

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:34 PM

I'm sure Chris Warren will still be touring with them. He has since SA tour.

But yeah, Mauro would be cool. He brings good energy to the performance. He gets Flea all pumped up.

#1082 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4605 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:16 PM

Im sure Chris was doing keys since BTW tour

#1083 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:30 PM

I'm sure Chris Warren will still be touring with them. He has since SA tour.

But yeah, Mauro would be cool. He brings good energy to the performance. He gets Flea all pumped up.

Oh yeah can’t forget Chris Warren! In the Frusciante era he only ever handled Anthony’s vocal effects and the mellotron on snow/Californication right? In addition to being chads drum tech of course.....know he was doing some other stuff like the drum sample pads for dark necessities and such as well in the josh era. Assume he ain’t going nowhere.

#1084 pehjott

pehjott

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:27 PM

https://translate.go...asvj_D08Doyp9kw

JF: I am only in it for the money

#1085 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6036 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:37 PM

Imagine thinking you need 20 million dollars to live your life.

#1086 pehjott

pehjott

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:11 PM

No problem
A studio with vintage equipment is not cheap

#1087 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2873 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:19 PM

Trap set with joe Wong podcast with flea is cool - mostly about himself and the book, some minor mention of working back with John, but not too much. Flea does mention playing and writing a lot lately and learning blues guitar solos on bass to help challenge him and make him a better player....that could be cool.

Also with John....only in it for the money is prolly an oversimplification. Only John and the guys know why he’s back honestly - just know he has only made awesome albums with the band, so imagine this one will be awesome too!

#1088 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10191 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:20 PM

I could use 20 mill

#1089 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4605 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Yesterday, 07:00 AM

If you wanna have a steady income without your money ever decreasing and hopefully give those money to future generations after you die - sure why not? He has only 10 million actually so maybe he came back now too because of $$$? I dont really think its the only reason John was back and is back. But in 97/98 he was broke so thats kinda believable and Rhcp fired Dave so a lot of stars aligned for John to be back in the band. Rob seems to oversimplify and if John really didnt like it and was in it ONLY for the money, we wouldnt get all these great albums

#1090 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5967 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted Yesterday, 12:34 PM

If you wanna have a steady income without your money ever decreasing and hopefully give those money to future generations after you die - sure why not? He has only 10 million actually so maybe he came back now too because of $$$? I dont really think its the only reason John was back and is back. But in 97/98 he was broke so thats kinda believable and Rhcp fired Dave so a lot of stars aligned for John to be back in the band. Rob seems to oversimplify and if John really didnt like it and was in it ONLY for the money, we wouldnt get all these great albums

I think this is a translation so it feels a little rough and we may be missing some of the complete context.  Either way, it sounds like he doesn't likes John, and especially not his solo material.  

#1091 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • 4722 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted Yesterday, 07:07 PM

Yeah, found it a bit odd that he assumes John's solo material would be "12 minutes of screaming" when we have numerous examples of albums that are...not that.

#1092 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2873 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Yeah, found it a bit odd that he assumes John's solo material would be "12 minutes of screaming" when we have numerous examples of albums that are...not that.

Guy sounds like he hasn’t really been in the RHCP orbit since the end of the Navarro era, so 20+ years ago. A lot can and has changed since then and John has released a ton of music since then that fits the avant-garde AND pop molds with and without RHCP. Interesting interview but taking with a grain of salt

#1093 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5967 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted Today, 02:24 AM

Yea but who can forget their first time listening to Your Pussy is Glued to a Building That's On Fire?

#1094 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • 4605 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Today, 06:59 AM

He obviously talked about what he thought of niandra first time he heard it and its a completely reasonable reaction from a normal person. "enter a uh" and "i may again know john" are both esentially 8 minutes of screaming

#1095 SUB

SUB

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

Posted Today, 03:53 PM

I hated Niandra when I first heard it and many listens after that.  It took a while, but it's one of my favorite releases of his.  So I get where Rob is coming from, but yeah, he's wrong if you look at John's whole catalog. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users