IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Omar interview for Bosnian web portal

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Deni

Deni

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • Joined 20-November 05
  • Interests:LEGO, Music, Marketing, Movies

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

http://www.muzickazo...a_metafora/3877

I will translate it tommorow, but if you cant wait just put in google trans translatation to Croatian if there isnt bosnian avaiable.

basicly what omar said is that the new album will have 12 or 13 songs, how tey plan to have some holidays in bosnia and how mars volta was a project which lasted 11 years and now he works on new on!!! :o

EDIT:

I: How are you?
O: I'm fine, we just finished our lunch. We are in Holland at the moment.

I: How's the tour going?
O: Very good, this is one of the best tours I've been to.

I: I'm glad you named your band Bosnians Rainbows, tell us how that happened.
O: I think Bosnia is a wonderful place, with wonderful history, and a great place for taking your holidays. The most importantly is that it's a great metaphore. Someone very closed to me, once said, how great it is, how you should never give up, how none situation isn't permanent and that the light will overcome the darkness.

I: ... and there's always hope for change...
O: Yes. And a change is unavoidable, that's important. You will always feel that the change will happen and that the sun will rise sometimes. Also, it's a metaphore about beauty perspective. You never know what people feel until you experience it by yourown, until you walk in their shoes. You never know...

I: Have you ever been in Bosnia?
O: Yes, but only one weekend, in Sarajevo. That's when I found out about Bosnian Rainbows. It's one crazy, but beautiful metaphore. It's the only place where I would like to come again and spend some time. In that part of Europe I spent alot of time, in Slovenia, Croatia... It's a great picture of a unique mind and one great metaphore.

Interviewer ask basic info about the band...

I: How many songs will be on the album?
O: Most likely 12 or 13

I: Will there be songs in Bosnian language?
O: (laugh) That would be amazing. We are trying to plan a vacation in Sarajevo. We are not a tipical band. We hang out while not working also. We go on places which I like, and also which other love too. We want to relax and rest.

I: Do you plan to play here?
O: I would love to. Sometimes I ask my self, why people don't call us. You know how these things go. You set a meeting, discuss a budget and you come. But I would come despite the budget. We always go to same places on tour, and towns become the same. It's not that I'm complaining, I really like what I do, but we're always Japan, Australia, Russia, England, SAD, Mexico. I know some bands which've played in Bosnia, but we haven't neither we had played in India, China etc. I really hope those possibilites will be open one day.

I: Do you really hate playing in the same cities everytime?
O: No, I enjoy it, because there are quite a lot nice places. You have a feeling you know the road. We're lucky for traveling a lot. My friends at home work whole year so they could go somewhere, and we travel for work. Only thing that's a little boring is USA. There can become boring. The places we play are on the coast. We love to play in East, New York, Chicago, Toronto, and then West California too, Portalnd. All the rest seems like it's stucked in the 50's. It's kind of crazy.

I: With band did you enjoyed the most playing this year, TMV/ATDI/BR?
O: It's hard to say. ATDI was cool, because we haven't played since teenage days. TMV is a project which I've been working on for last 11 years now. That phase happened, and now the new one goes - BR. I work on that now. I wouldn't say it's the most happiest phase, but it's something I'm working on and that's what makes me an artist at the moment. But, I'm most excited about BR, though.

I: Last question, any message for BR fans?
O: Please, please, bring us to play for you there! Let us play our music! When we would get an opportunity, we would be so excited.

#2 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7715 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Looking forward to the translation!

#3 9705

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 14-July 08

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

he works on new on? BR?

#4 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10100 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

he works on new on? BR?

he means new one, and i think he means he's working on a new project, after 11 years of tmv. so he's talking about br

#5 Deni

Deni

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • Joined 20-November 05

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

yeah... sorry I was typing from my phone.

i'm working on translatation, I will edit this post later with it

I: How are you?
O: I'm fine, we just finished our lunch. We are in Holland at the moment.

I: How's the tour going?
O: Very good, this is one of the best tours I've been to.

O: I think Bosnia is a wonderful place, with wonderful history, and a great place for taking your holidays. The most importantly is that it's a great metaphore. Someone very closed to me, once said, how great it is, how you should never give up, how none situation isn't permanent and that the light will overcome the darkness.

I: ... and there's always hope for change...
O: Yes. And a change is unavoidable, that's important. You will always feel that the change will happen and that the sun will rise sometimes. Also, it's a metaphore about beauty perspective. You never know what people feel until you experience it by yourown, until you walk in their shoes. You never know...

I: Have you ever been in Bosnia?
O: Yes, but only one weekend, in Sarajevo. That's when I found out about Bosnian Rainbows. It's one crazy, but beautiful metaphore. It's the only place where I would like to come again and spend some time. In that part of Europe I spent alot of time, in Slovenia, Croatia... It's a great picture of a unique mind and one great metaphore.

Interviewer ask basic info about the band...

I: How many songs will be on the album?
O: Most likely 12 or 13

I: Will there be songs in Bosnian language?
O: (laugh) That would be amazing. We are trying to plan a vacation in Sarajevo. We are not a tipical band. We hang out while not working also. We go on places which I like, and also which other love too. We want to relax and rest.

I: Do you plan to play here?
O: I would love to. Sometimes I ask my self, why people don't call us. You know how these things go. You set a meeting, discuss a budget and you come. But I would come despite the budget. We always go to same places on tour, and towns become the same. It's not that I'm complaining, I really like what I do, but we're always Japan, Australia, Russia, England, SAD, Mexico. I know some bands which've played in Bosnia, but we haven't neither we had played in India, China etc. I really hope those possibilites will be open one day.

I: Do you really hate playing in the same cities everytime?
O: No, I enjoy it, because there are quite a lot nice places. You have a feeling you know the road. We're lucky for traveling a lot. My friends at home work whole year so they could go somewhere, and we travel for work. Only thing that's a little boring is USA. There can become boring. The places we play are on the coast. We love to play in East, New York, Chicago, Toronto, and then West California too, Portalnd. All the rest seems like it's stucked in the 50's. It's kind of crazy.

I: With band did you enjoyed the most playing this year, TMV/ATDI/BR?
O: It's hard to say. ATDI was cool, because we haven't played since teenage days. TMV is a project which I've been working on for last 11 years now. That phase happened, and now the new one goes - BR. I work on that now. I wouldn't say it's the most happiest phase, but it's something I'm working on and that's what makes me an artist at the moment. But, I'm most excited about BR, though.

I: Last question, any message for BR fans?
O: Please, please, bring us to play for you there! Let us play our music! When we would get an opportunity, we would be so excited.

#6 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6868 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I think we all know who said that...

#7 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10100 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

jeremy?

i don't get what he says about a metaphor btw. is bosnia a metaphor or what?

#8 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Probably the guy who sung that line in the 2011 Jacob jams. :biggrin:

#9 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Fuck yeah, L. Ron Hubbard.

#10 scorpio

scorpio

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5116 posts
  • Joined 13-June 05

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

LOL Buddha!

#11 Deni

Deni

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • Joined 20-November 05

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm sorry if some sentences don't make sense, trust me, they don't make sense in bosnian either. for example they constantly use word metaphore, even though it doesn't have to do with anything. I think the interviewer isn't the best with english :closedeyes:

thanks for reading!

#12 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Ah told you all that's what the band name means. That's so incredibly heart warming that they named the band in honor f Cedric, so to say. I hope they all overcome their darknesses in due time. <3<3<3

#13 Germán F.

Germán F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2518 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Probably his mom or dad.

#14 Ilyena

Ilyena

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • Joined 28-July 05

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

jeremy?

I think parts of Bosnia are known for having kinda grim weather. Perhaps rainbows are rare in these areas. So a Bosnian Rainbow could be a metaphor for how beauty and change will come even if things seem grim. This would speak to what he said about impermanence and how light comes in the darkest of situations.

#15 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

jeremy?

I think parts of Bosnia are known for having kinda grim weather. Perhaps rainbows are rare in these areas. So a Bosnian Rainbow could be a metaphor for how beauty and change will come even if things seem grim. This would speak to what he said about impermanence and how light comes in the darkest of situations.

the words Bosnian and Rainbow have so many letters in common, I figured it had to be some kind of anagram play. I kept looking for things containing "Bison" that might explain it, but never found anything ..

#16 windu

windu

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 18-April 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Omar are realy in scientology?

#17 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Um....

well.... apparently it's Cedric, not Omar. But .... yeeeeeaaaa...

#18 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

Streben nach dem Unendlichen

• Members
  • 8499 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

ok here we go:

The part that mentions the so-called metaphor, the metaphor is the one of the Sarajevo Roses, not Bosnian Rainbows.

Jesi li ikad bio u Bosni?

Omar: Da, samo jedan vikend, u Sarajevu. Tada sam saznao za Sarajevske ruže. To je jedna luda, ali divna metafora. ..... To je divna slika jednog uma i jedna stvarno divna metafora.

Interviewer: Have you ever been to Bosnia?

Omar: Yes, I've spent one weekend there, in Sarajevo. It's when i heard about the Sarajevo Roses. That's one crazy, but stunning metaphor. ... It's a great representation of one mind and one truly stunning metaphor.

http://www.sonar.ba/...a...=full&id=21

Tokom opsade Sarajeva hiljade granata palo je na grad. Svaka granata koja je eksplodirala na asfaltu ostavila je trag koji podsjeća na cvijet. Nakon završetka rata “latice” ovih smrtonosnih kratera ispunjene su crvenom bojom u znak sjećanja na sve one koji su izgubili živote tokom opsade. Svaka ruža označava mjesto gdje je granata ubila najmanje troje ljudi. Nažalost, nećete morati dugo tražiti Sarajevske ruže, jer se one nalaze gotovo na svakom koraku.

Sarajevo was hit with thousands of grenades and each one that hit, left a mark on the asphalt resembling a flower. After the war was over, each and every one of this "petals" was filled with red paint in remembrance of all those who lost their lives during the siege. Each one of these roses marks the spot where at least three people were killed.

http://www.avaz.ba/v...-stradanje.html

• 470.000 granata palo je tokom opsade

• 330 granata padalo je u prosjeku dnevno

• 10.650 osoba ubijeno je granatiranjem

• 1.601 dijete ubile su granate

470.000 grenades hit Sarajevo during the siege

330 grenades in average per day

10.650 people were killed

1.601 children killed by the grenades

pictures

Posted Image
Posted Image

wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia....ege_of_Sarajevo

Sarajevo Roses movie made by Roger M. Richards

http://www.sarajevoroses.com/

This is what I could find about it following the context.

#19 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

Streben nach dem Unendlichen

• Members
  • 8499 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Oh wow so suddenly it's not that funny anymore when the metaphor is not about third eyes and triangles. :rolleyes:

#20 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Members
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Wow.........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users