IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Omar's discographylinks to all album threads and lyrics

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#261 TL_

TL_

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2514 posts
  • Joined 11-October 10

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

I'm re-listening to Aranas right now and it seems obvious that this is the Pink Floyd spy record he was talking about. Who knows for sure but it fits that description the most out of all the albums to my ears. Either way, whatever record he was talking about, I'm sure it's something we have now.

i could see it on some of the tracks maybe. what i want to know is if TL was right about his hunch that Zach Hill is on Nom de Guerre

I don't remember ever saying that

#262 sigh

sigh

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 04-October 16

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

I bought the Pink Panther DVD box set recently and I cannot tell you how disappointed I was that it didn't come with the Inspector Clueseau or Anteater cartoons. Wasn't the anteater voiced by Rodney Dangerfield?

Yeah it sucks - The Inspector was on Pink Panther + Friends Vol.6 DVD (http://www.ebay.com/...ke/121587909006)

but now aardvark and inspector have their own separate collections  (https://www.amazon.c...ZK9VPNMG0FRDHEZ)

Feels a bit like Omar's old releases - easier to just pirate at this point.

#263 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2952 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

I'm re-listening to Aranas right now and it seems obvious that this is the Pink Floyd spy record he was talking about. Who knows for sure but it fits that description the most out of all the albums to my ears. Either way, whatever record he was talking about, I'm sure it's something we have now.

i could see it on some of the tracks maybe. what i want to know is if TL was right about his hunch that Zach Hill is on Nom de Guerre
I don't remember ever saying that
lol I do.

#264 seventieslord

seventieslord

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 01-January 17

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:37 AM

Yeah, he's a dick...

@Seventieslord: Recently? This was months ago. An artist being notable does not grant notability to each and every one of their albums; see WP:NALBUMS. As for Wikipedia only providing a "partial reference" to his work, please see WP:NOTINDISCRIMINATE. We're not an Omar Rodriguez-Lopez encyclopedia. It is not my concern to have to "respect" someone's decision to write a few unsourced sentences for album articles that don't pass our notability requirements in the first place. Besides, I redirected each of the articles once, maybe twice. I'd long forgotten about it. If you can find news articles relating to the Ipecac series as a whole, great. You can add them to the Omar Rodriguez-Lopez article. Ss112 22:49, 10 December 2017 (UTC)

#265 seventieslord

seventieslord

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 01-January 17

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

Sorry.... Please delete that post. And this one.

#266 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3751 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:10 AM

no, they're right lol

#267 swoonlp

swoonlp

Underneath the surface

• Members
  • 3601 posts
  • Joined 12-October 13

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:50 PM

The vinyl prices are absurdly high or is it me ?

Median price for Bedlam is now close to 100 bucks or more. Insane...

#268 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3751 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

sounds about right. i think i got my copy a couple years back for $80

#269 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5877 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:29 AM

The vinyl prices are absurdly high or is it me ?

Median price for Bedlam is now close to 100 bucks or more. Insane...

everything Volta/Omar related is skyrocketing.  its pretty wild.

#270 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5653 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:58 AM

Antemasque is still £16 on ebay though :thumbsup_anim:

#271 swisa112

swisa112

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Joined 01-May 12

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:24 PM

Where do you people listen to old Omar albums? I remember this leaky faucet website but I can't find it now.

#272 kev821

kev821

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:50 PM

Where do you people listen to old Omar albums? I remember this leaky faucet website but I can't find it now.

Youtube

#273 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:55 PM

Omar’s vast and transient discography and Volta bootlegs are 99% of the reason I remain old-old-school and still use itunes and keep actual music files on my phone. Can’t trust I’d have access to that stuff any other way.

#274 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4660 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:47 PM

Yeah I saw a user on instagram saying he needs to get his old stuff up on Spotify. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. It's really a crime. And it's odd to contemplate how abortive his solo career has been. It was like everything was going well, and then it suddenly stopped. Guess things change quick. And, come to think of it, this happens to alot of artists who attempt to go solo. Still, I know from seeing likes and such on the gram that there are a legion of fans who are awaiting Omar's re-emergence from the woodwork of music industry purgatory and getting his due. If anyone's earned it he has.

#275 kev821

kev821

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:33 PM

Yeah I saw a user on instagram saying he needs to get his old stuff up on Spotify. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. It's really a crime. And it's odd to contemplate how abortive his solo career has been. It was like everything was going well, and then it suddenly stopped. Guess things change quick. And, come to think of it, this happens to alot of artists who attempt to go solo. Still, I know from seeing likes and such on the gram that there are a legion of fans who are awaiting Omar's re-emergence from the woodwork of music industry purgatory and getting his due. If anyone's earned it he has.

It really wasn't that long ago when he put this new series of a bunch of records. I'm guessing a lot of is older material he might not own to rights due to his contract with sargent house and how the partnership ended. I would think he does own the gsl releases so hopefully he gets around to putting those out again at least on streaming. But really I think is fans know he was gonna do atdi for x amount of time and work on something else. Really wasn't that long ago he put out that series of records, really he just has hardly done any solo shows.

#276 swisa112

swisa112

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Joined 01-May 12

Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:31 AM

Omar’s vast and transient discography and Volta bootlegs are 99% of the reason I remain old-old-school and still use itunes and keep actual music files on my phone. Can’t trust I’d have access to that stuff any other way.

I have probably 20 cds of his, but who knew one day everything would be taken down? After Spotify it's hard to go back to downloading music.

What happend with Sargent House by the way? Even if he doesn't own the rights to the music, what's the problem with just letting them sell it?

#277 kev821

kev821

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:40 PM

I have probably 20 cds of his, but who knew one day everything would be taken down? After Spotify it's hard to go back to downloading music.

What happend with Sargent House by the way? Even if he doesn't own the rights to the music, what's the problem with just letting them sell it?

checked their hello merch site they have a like 5 of the cds there on sale for 5 bucks seems like the last bach

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users