IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Red Hot Chili Peppers (RHCP)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#1121 Petra

Petra

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 27 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

Cool cool
Yeah for me it was the year i moved out. The soundtrack to my first taste of independence

Yeah the independence thing was there for me too. Finally getting out of a shitty relationship, having the apartment to myself for the end of the winter to get over things, then bam - Sunshine, freedom, new love, and trip to Hawaii. All with that album as the soundtrack.

I remember it was leaking one track at a time on Limewire. I still have a notebook with the track list with check marks next to the songs. Torture Me was the first song. I also remember live versions of Readymade and Tell Me Baby. Relax everybody, I ended up purchasing the album. A couple times over the years. And the big box with all the little extras.

#1122 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2908 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 27 May 2020 - 11:57 PM

Hahahah I’ve bought SA twice - the big silly box thing they did back then and then the vinyl like 2 years ago....such a great sounding record on vinyl.

#1123 Petra

Petra

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted Yesterday, 12:29 AM

Flea is on another Bright Eyes song that they released today. That's 2 of 3. Guessing he'll be on more.

#1124 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2908 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 AM

Flea is on another Bright Eyes song that they released today. That's 2 of 3. Guessing he'll be on more.

Him and Jon Theodore now on multiple tracks - for a band this deep into their career and doing a reunion album of sorts, this new bright eyes album seems pretty awesome....all 3 songs have been unique and great, if you’re into some groovy kind of indie rock stuff! One song even has bagpipes!

#1125 logos

logos

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3047 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04

Posted Yesterday, 04:36 AM

Oberst has the absolute worst voice though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users