IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

De Facto, live

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:05 PM

oftentimes i find myself wishing there were more De Facto to listen to. how about we start sharing?

i found this one live track on soulseek a few years back. here's a recording of a 2003 performance of Descarga De Facto: https://www.youtube....h?v=JbtIPk3EsA0

#2 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5890 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:05 AM

oftentimes i find myself wishing there were more De Facto to listen to. how about we start sharing?

i found this one live track on soulseek a few years back. here's a recording of a 2003 performance of Descarga De Facto: https://www.youtube....h?v=JbtIPk3EsA0

Well that's a curious nugget I never knew existed.  Anyway you can post the audio file to download?

#3 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:59 AM

here it is! https://www.mediafir...efacto.mp3/file

#4 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3770 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

do we have any confirmation defacto was active in 03? this is the first I've heard

#5 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:24 PM

i can't confirm anything, but another live set was apparently recorded on 2-15-2003; there's Exit Template (see the timestamp at the beginning of the video), Mitchel Edward Klik Enters a Dreamlike State and an improvised jam or unpublished songa youtube commenter suggests that it took place at the Smell or a bowling alley.

i have no reason to doubt this stuff. when it comes to De Facto, my understanding is that the only reason it came to an end is that Jeremy passed. 

#6 kev821

kev821

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:55 AM

this ones good

#7 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:19 AM

i can't confirm anything, but another live set was apparently recorded on 2-15-2003; there's Exit Template (see the timestamp at the beginning of the video), Mitchel Edward Klik Enters a Dreamlike State and an improvised jam or unpublished song. a youtube commenter suggests that it took place at the Smell or a bowling alley.

i have no reason to doubt this stuff. when it comes to De Facto, my understanding is that the only reason it came to an end is that Jeremy passed.

The commenter is wrong. The 02-15-2003 show was at the Scene in Glendale, CA. Same place where a few days earlier, on Feb 12th, the infamous „Omar & Jon Jam“ happened. Both shows were attended and filmed by noizEwater. He only released (some of) the video from the De Facto show and about half of the audio from the Omar & Jon Jam.
It was the last De Facto show on US soil.

#8 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3770 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

i can't confirm anything, but another live set was apparently recorded on 2-15-2003; there's Exit Template (see the timestamp at the beginning of the video), Mitchel Edward Klik Enters a Dreamlike State and an improvised jam or unpublished songa youtube commenter suggests that it took place at the Smell or a bowling alley.

wow thats all new to me

#9 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5890 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:34 PM

i can't confirm anything, but another live set was apparently recorded on 2-15-2003; there's Exit Template (see the timestamp at the beginning of the video), Mitchel Edward Klik Enters a Dreamlike State and an improvised jam or unpublished song. a youtube commenter suggests that it took place at the Smell or a bowling alley.

The commenter is wrong. The 02-15-2003 show was at the Scene in Glendale, CA. Same place where a few days earlier, on Feb 12th, the infamous „Omar & Jon Jam“ happened. Both shows were attended and filmed by noizEwater. He only released (some of) the video from the De Facto show and about half of the audio from the Omar & Jon Jam.

I thought that background looked familiar in those videos!

So I guess fair to say De Facto was going to continue existing except Jeremy died.  

#10 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:33 PM

dug out two old inertiatic board threads about those two shows. de facto played with radio vago.
http://marsvolta.pro...o-february-15th
http://marsvolta.pro...ad/497/omar-jon

[EDIT]

and another one explicitly about the show in Croatia:

http://marsvolta.pro...ost/5431/thread

#11 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4400 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

I thought that background looked familiar in those videos!

So I guess fair to say De Facto was going to continue existing except Jeremy died.
They wanted to continue even after. Cedric talked about a new de facto album in 2008

#12 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3770 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:09 PM

dug out two old inertiatic board threads about those two shows. de facto played with radio vago.
http://marsvolta.pro...o-february-15th
http://marsvolta.pro...ad/497/omar-jon
good sleuthing!

#13 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:25 PM

oh yeah de facto also played the casbah in san diego on january 24th (1, 2), of course noizEwater taped the show, but only released one small clip of ikey and cedric "playing" jump.

best part of the night:

"this is what happens when you enter the dark world of heroin and homosexuality"

and when omar "played" one armed scissor

someone yelled for one armed scissor and omar just kinda freaked out on the bass and played something that sounded as if he was trying to play his guitarpart on cosmonaut on the bass.

the heroin homosexuality thing was yelled by omar right before that (they had just finished cordova, if i remember correctly)

#14 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5890 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:40 PM

then i talked to omar and cedric after the show, but it was really cool and laid back, i didn't really want to bother them with MV questions. cedric is hopeful about a new de facto recording "very, very soon", though, and mentioned working on releasing the mario c sessions.

they recorded some stuff with mario c (beastie boys), but when gran royal went bankrupt all that music was 'lost' to the government, or something like that.

cedric said it was different than other de facto stuff, less lo-fi.

shit

#15 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5890 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:51 PM

So how much footage has noizewater filmed and not shared because we haven't worshiped at the altar properly?

#16 A\/\/

A\/\/

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 09-December 18

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:54 PM

the mario c session is 456132015
maybe there was more from that. although i kinda doubt it. would probably have seen the light of day by now.
maybe they wanted to re-release that single.

#17 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5890 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:32 AM

the mario c session is 456132015
maybe there was more from that. although i kinda doubt it. would probably have seen the light of day by now.
maybe they wanted to re-release that single.

Well there is the fabled Hot Black Chrome or whatever.  

Would be surprised if they only recorded a single in that session.  

#18 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

So how much footage has noizewater filmed and not shared because we haven't worshiped at the altar properly?

Didn't come back here relatively recently? 

#19 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:48 PM

let's not make this thread a place for shit talking. for all of our sakes, please keep it civil.

AVV, thanks for digging that info up. 

#20 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 5890 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:13 PM

Didn't come back here relatively recently? The lad was a grade A cunt.

He did and him and Armando had an argument

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users