IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
8627 replies to this topic

#8441 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7022 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14
  • Interests:Friend of cats and foxes.

Posted 20 August 2021 - 10:20 AM

Volta became The Onion version of themselves, no help needed :) And yeah, PF was rumoured to be about Juan. "you couldn't be a spic if you tried" etc

#8442 Tommo Chocolate

Tommo Chocolate

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Joined 27-April 08

Posted 20 August 2021 - 11:02 AM

I was intrigued so I just listened to Pineapple Face, and I have no idea what the lyrics are. I think I could only make out one word towards the end ("motherfucker"?).

Also, wow, what a dreadful song.

#8443 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5401 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 20 August 2021 - 08:48 PM

Omar re-records Juan's bass parts from his solo records. Omar calls him a sociopath on the Dean Del Rey podcast. Omar writes and records Pineapple Face, jesus fucking christ those lyrics. Omar anglicises Juan's name on Volta represses and move his name to the very last of the band credits. I can't think what he might have done to provoke such horrid treatment, but it is a petty and childish way to deal with it. If he's done something awful, explain it. Don't just call him a sociopath like we're hanging off your every word and take it verbatim. What is it? Did he fuck your sister? Did he sneak smoked pancetta into the steamed broccoli? Was he trying to unionise the Volta? WHAT TEH FUCK

Simple explanation: Omar is a sociopath

#8444 APJ90

APJ90

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 15-August 10

Posted 20 August 2021 - 10:08 PM

It does look like Juan added "Mars Volta" back to his Instagram profile. he had removed it a few months back.

I mean, yeah.... But that might have more to do with his pre-head injury gig being extremely tainted due to all the allegations against Marilyn Manson.

Manson and TMV are two of his past associations that have the greatest brand recognition, and one of those is currently for all the wrong reasons. Most people absolutely love his bass work with Volta, and unless something similar to Manson emerges against Cedric/Omar (never impossible with any artist/individual, as all kinds of recent stuff has shown - think Bob Dylan just a few days ago), then why not advertise some of the best work you've done regardless of the intra-band issues that seem to exist between certain members.

Obviously the above is just speculation, though. Would be great if him and Omar could patch things up sooner rather than later, but we know nothing much about why they had such a bad falling-out after seeming to be so tight. Still feel that Dean Delray dropped the ball a bit by not pressing Omar harder on that 'sociopath' comment. I know it came out of the blue, but I just feel that you can't let a comment like that pass so easily, however surprised you may be; at least return to it down the line before recording has finished  :shrug: . Easy to say from behind my keyboard, though....

#8445 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7022 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 20 August 2021 - 10:11 PM

It only amused me that Del Rey immediately assumed it was "the drummer". Anyway there are plenty of horrendous band fallings outs, from serious shit, that don't get half as petty as this.

#8446 s_uds

s_uds

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 15-November 15

Posted 20 August 2021 - 10:40 PM

Did Cedric ever said anything about it?

Or is it Omar only?

While stuff with Pridgen or Blake Fleming have been mentioned multiple times and by multiple band members

#8447 Pongo

Pongo

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1132 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04

Posted 21 August 2021 - 02:32 AM

I totally missed the part where he had his basslines rerecorded. Also Pineapple Face, but I haven't kept up with Omar's solo output. Not everyone grows up, I guess!

#8448 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5401 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 21 August 2021 - 06:37 AM

Did Cedric ever said anything about it?
Or is it Omar only?

While stuff with Pridgen or Blake Fleming have been mentioned multiple times and by multiple band members

Cedric never said about it but he has been in unsubscribed to Juan social media for a while, and sent his blessings to Juan when the head injury happened

#8449 Alderetism

Alderetism

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 8028 posts
  • Joined 04-September 09
  • Interests:Peace, love and bass.

Posted 21 August 2021 - 09:27 AM

That might have been because of how Juan kept playing with Juliette Lewis, the scientology thing and all that?

#8450 Palo Alto

Palo Alto

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Joined 24-November 07

Posted 22 August 2021 - 09:01 AM

Omar is a dick.

I've also unfollowed Johann on all social media.

Fed up of his bullshit claims and also making sure he is in every single photo promoting whatever doing his sombre duck bill face.

Mate you're just some rich lad cosplaying a label, pipe down.

#8451 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4434 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:40 PM

that's more than a little much

#8452 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • 6315 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 23 August 2021 - 03:38 AM

That might have been because of how Juan kept playing with Juliette Lewis, the scientology thing and all that?

That's what I assumed was a major catalyst, but who knows honestly

#8453 Mala

Mala

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Joined 06-May 13

Posted 23 August 2021 - 02:47 PM

Omar is a dick.

Fed up of his bullshit claims and also making sure he is in every single photo promoting whatever doing his sombre duck bill face.

i agree with all of this. just before hitting unfollow i saw this story. wouldn't be surprised if that's for omar solo that's without a doubt gonna come at some point. i expect the news and reveal to be atrocious. 

https://www.instagra...9766492347363/ 

#8454 s_uds

s_uds

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 15-November 15

Posted 23 August 2021 - 07:42 PM

Omar is a dick.

i agree with all of this. just before hitting unfollow i saw this story. wouldn't be surprised if that's for omar solo that's without a doubt gonna come at some point. i expect the news and reveal to be atrocious. 

link is broken for me, here's a working one: https://instagram.co...657244727588287

#8455 Palo Alto

Palo Alto

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Joined 24-November 07

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, like no point in getting angry further, I think the boxset rollout has been fairly disingenuous and misfired in almost every way. Clouds Hill's social media presence just became too annoying also. My fault for continuing to follow for too long. 

Ho hum. 

Feels like Omar and Cedric have run the well dry creatively at this point also.

#8456 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5401 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:41 AM

Omar is a dick.

link is broken for me, here's a working one: https://instagram.co...657244727588287
Guys stories are only up for 24 hours. What was it.

#8457 issordni

issordni

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 7022 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

Posted 24 August 2021 - 08:04 AM

A rack of white label records with sequential numbers on it or something, whatever.

#8458 s_uds

s_uds

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 15-November 15

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:13 PM

A rack of white label records with sequential numbers on it or something, whatever.

Yeah he was thanking Discogs because he had to go on there so many times to prepare the release of that rack of white label records - one can assume that's ORL lenghty solo discography.

#8459 Andrewf

Andrewf

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5401 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 26 August 2021 - 04:39 PM

These reissues come out 1-2 months apart with landscape being final on January 7 (I don't get why couldn't they make an actual artwork for it???). Maybe we get LP7 in march-april 2022? (Probably not though)

#8460 Myshkin

Myshkin

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 17-February 14

Posted 26 August 2021 - 06:18 PM

Why is everyone here assuming so much? You admit to knowing nothing yet stir up the drama and play up non existent scenarios in your heads. Lol its like the current narrative is to be bitter and assume you understand who these people are.

I wish the releases and information we are getting got more attention, FB is the only place where people seem to enjoy themselves and the art. I guess I'm glad I never got stuck here instead    :yesss:

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

G.O.Dayz