IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

HIP-HOP CONVENTION FOR THE UNINFORMEDRecommendations In Opening Post, Wealth Of Knowledge Throughout Thread

• Please log in to reply
7783 replies to this topic

#7781 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6067 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:37 PM

RTJ4 is out as of yesterday!

is it just me or does RTJ feel really corny these days? Idk if just my taste has changed but I cant really listen to them anymore. Even the first 2 albums I cant really get into cuz they feel dated

El-P's production has really started to annoy me lately because it feels very loud and repetitive. I'm not into the singles and a lot of the features feel forced and cringey. JU$T and ooh la la suck

I only listened to 3 once or twice, but think I like this more. Mike's verse on walking in the snow feels very apt rn. Mike on good form throughout the whole thing really
I still dig them but I don't think your take is out of line. I didn't care for rtj3 either, just felt kind of meh. Rtj2 is still my favorite as it did the immature dick swinging bravado better than anyone, but this one has good tracks. I'm still a sucker of El-P's production, still one of the best at the moment. I do sorely miss his weird shit from his solo days Like Tasmanian Pain Coaster and Flyentology. I dunno, I think they've put themselves in a bind of having to be the big dumb over the top group and have lost a lot of ability to be subtle. I'd love RTJ5 to be low key alá Massive Damage or shit High Water Music.
yeah man, every track just feels like it's just too much of a hype track about how RTJ the most woke, best in the game

I wouldn't go that far, and to their credit they are very good at being obnoxious about how best/woke they are.  They just need to venture out a bit more.

I really dug Hiding Places by Billy Woods.  I'll have to scope this out!

#7782 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12013 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:41 PM

#7783 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members