IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Make a Bosnian Rainbows subforum

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Comatorium include a subforum for Bosnian Rainbows? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Comatorium include a subforum for Bosnian Rainbows?

1. Yes (31 votes [75.61%])

Percentage of vote: 75.61%

2. Voted No (10 votes [24.39%])

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4328 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Others have thrown around the idea but I think it´s time the Coma collectively come to a decision. It´s getting confusing and clunky to have all the discussion centralized in one massive thread. I think a subforum would allow for much for variety and productivity in the dicussion. Yay? Nay? Vote/talk/discuss.

#2 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Personally I think we're good. It would feel kinda deserted with too many forum rules and stuff. If you got something new to say, just start a new thread. Otherwise I think it makes sense as is... but that's just me.

Sorry, duuuude.

#3 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • 6200 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

I think I said before that if there were more topics then it would make sense. We can collect them and move them over there eventually. But since everyone seems to want to talk in this 1 topic, I don't see the need.

#4 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • 4328 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, but I think it´s the other way around. Having only one thread is stifling discussion. It´s like, the discussion is spiraling in all sorts of different directions, but none of them can be developed because they get lost in the thread. There could be threads about Deantoni´s drumming technique, threads about those neat videos they keep posting, threads archiving live footage, threads comparing teri with other vocalists, etc. There´s tons of stuff out there to be dissected.

I´m just saying, this is the main website to digest Omar´s work, and I´m starting to think Bosnian Rainbows could be as big or bigger than Volta. I think the Comatorium could be an integral part of that, but I get that some people would rather the site be a mausoleum for an inactive band, retreading the same ground over and over again.

#5 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2941 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, we present you the new Coma subforum, The Brown Eye!

#6 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9699 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

BR is not gonna be bigger then TMV though. also it's yea not yay

#7 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • 6200 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

There could be threads about Deantoni´s drumming technique, threads about those neat videos they keep posting, threads archiving live footage, threads comparing teri with other vocalists, etc. There´s tons of stuff out there to be dissected.

Instead of posting in here what could be, start those topics. It's really not that difficult. No one ever said there can be only one BR topic, people decided to post everything in there.

By the way, mods can split posts from topics and move them into others if necessary, just in case someone didn't know.

#8 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Banned
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, we present you the new Coma subforum, The Brown Eye!

Got my vote.

#9 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • 4328 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

BR is not gonna be bigger then TMV though. also it's yea not yay.

As to the first point, TMV was big at one point, but it seems they´re becoming lost with the sands of time. BR is with us now. Better to hang a dead husband than to lose a living lover, no? As to the second point, I´m well aware, but most of the philistines that populate this forum are not :p

#10 Yavimaya

Yavimaya

I got custom skanx

• Members
  • 18338 posts
  • Joined 13-April 11

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

mods are so powerful.

They can do anything.   :daydream:

#11 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11517 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

I say we just add a Bosnian Rainbows subforum like there is with ATDI(right next to Invalid Litter Department, and of course called The Brown Eye). I'm of the opinion that having a small hole on the website just for Bosnian Rainbows would make it more comfortable for the people that want to discuss the band in greater detail and not just shove everything in one thread. I think it would encourage the discussion. I know damn well people like Armando would have a field day with that forum.

Who knows, maybe a new group of Bosnian Rainbow fans will stumble upon the forum the same way I did with furiously googling TMV for everything I could find. Maybe a couple cuties stumble upon our forum and eventually want to show us their brown eye? Ya never know...

#12 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9699 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

reading shareeb's above comment i am convinced. bring on the brown eye subforum!

#13 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Banned
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Shareeb for president.

#14 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 11517 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

I don't think Zavalaz deserves a subforum at this point in time though. When Zavalaz tours outside of the west coast, tours around the world, and then releases multiple albums then I would consider it.

We know Bosnian Rainbows is a real thing that's going to be around for a little while. They have multiple albums and have actually released their debut already.

#15 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6724 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Eh Zavalaz deserves a subforum just as much as BR in my opinion.  And people actually care about transcribing Zavalaz lyrics.  We already know the title of their first album and all of the tracks on it.

I don't really know whether either of them NEED a subforum at this point in time, just saying if a BR one is created there would have to be a Zavalaz one as well IMO.

#16 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9699 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

^this guy gets it. zavalaz needs a subforum too. let's call it... zavalaz

#17 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Banned
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

^this guy gets it

Except it's called Zavalaz Cabala

#18 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2941 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

If you really think BR and Zavalaz already deserve their own subforums, then Omar's solo stuff deserves one even more.

#19 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • 6200 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

Eh Zavalaz deserves a subforum just as much as BR in my opinion.  And people actually care about transcribing Zavalaz lyrics.  We already know the title of their first album and all of the tracks on it.

I don't really know whether either of them NEED a subforum at this point in time, just saying if a BR one is created there would have to be a Zavalaz one as well IMO.

I'm with this guy. And I still don't think either of them needs their own subforum at this point - things are already complicated enough for new members.
Hopefully last time I'm going to post in this topic: start some BR (or Zavalaz or whatever) topics and once there is enough discussion going on there will be a subforum. I started a BR one myself to help get things going but it seems some people would rather post in here than talk about BR.

#20 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9699 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

^this guy gets it

Except it's called Zavalaz Cabala

^i agree with this guy, because he gets it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users