IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Live in Madrid Recording?Update: LA RIVIERA - LIVE IN MADRID (Released Date TBA)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Frequencysweep

Frequencysweep

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Joined 24-January 09

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

Oh my god! I have never been this excited for anything TMV related, as I am for this. They hit the nail on the head on choosing this show, of all of them, to be released.

and this is comnig from someone who's not even a big TBIG/08 live fan. You TBIG'08 lovers will be thrilled, I'm sure.

FUCK YEAH, 3 HOUR FACE PUNCHING FEST!

#82 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7090 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:00 PM

BUMP. Any news on this?? Dear god I hope this really does come out. Are there any boots from this show at all?

Nice BBB (blue balls bump), bud.

Pridgen, or any ex-band member, 's status is never a (major) barrier to release.

It is simply another case of something we know being recorded, perhaps planned to be released, and then not happening. Which has been happening since the beginning of the band, lol.

The only reason this one came to light was because the recorder was more open about info and...I think it was initially done for a broadcast.

#83 casabonita

casabonita

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10
  • Interests:lucid dreaming, debunking pseudoscience, atheism, philosophy/religion, music theory, pipe smoking, drums, bass, guitar, astronomy, cosmology, the universe, travel, READING

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

BUMP. Any news on this?? Dear god I hope this really does come out. Are there any boots from this show at all?

Nice BBB (blue balls bump), bud.

Pridgen, or any ex-band member, 's status is never a (major) barrier to release.

It is simply another case of something we know being recorded, perhaps planned to be released, and then not happening. Which has been happening since the beginning of the band, lol.

The only reason this one came to light was because the recorder was more open about info and...I think it was initially done for a broadcast.

Yeah... someone earlier in this thread mentioned that the show was broadcast on the radio... I was just wondering if there was any info on that, like what radio station, and did they archive their broadcast? You know, something similar to the 2008.1.30 Irvine show. I had originally found that recording on some dude's blog who had just recorded it off his stereo. I mean at this point anything is fine with me.

Oh well, yeah, I guess it's pretty typical of TMV (Omar) to have these "projects" and never actually have them be released. Wasn't there supposed to be a live DVD from the 05-06 days? Yeah still waiting on that.... ha, still love em though...

#84 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

The joke is INSIDE the joke!

• Coma Donor
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

JESUS CHRIST.

I used to have a high quality "highlights" video of the band playing FUNKED OUT versions of all their songs on TBiG, and I deleted it for some stupid reason, and ever since I've been kicking myself in the ass because I had no idea what show it was and I missed it so bad.

Now I'm fairly positive it was this show, and I just wish somebody could link me to a source of that video again.

It had a funked out agadez, funked out aberinkula, funked out EVERYTHING.

At one point Cedric starts riffing on some odd timed vocals, then he kinda spins around the room and away from the mic then comes back to it, landing right back on the time. If you've seen this clip, then you know what I'm talking about.

Anybody? Highlights video reel of this show, shot from way back in the stands?

*tear*

#85 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • 7090 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

Thats a pretty generic description as they "funk'ed" out those songs on all the shows of that leg and beyond. Cedric would go on adventures all the time too.

BUT, there was this thread I had made based on a clip from this very show: http://forum.thecoma...howtopic=104514

#86 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Coma Donor
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

Yea, that's true, it is very vague...

idk it was just such a specifically awesome video. I didn't see a whole lot of edited highlight reels, and this was literally just a collection of the jams only, none of the previously recorded material.

If you know any sources to a good highlight reel of the funky jams from that tour, that's probably the video I'm referring.

Thanks!

Some other descriptions: almost the whole band is visible the entire time, it's shot from way back in the audience, and at the end of the clip (it's about 5-10 minutes long), they show the lights coming up and it looks like a railway style theater, IE lots of forward-to-back room in the audience but very little width to it.

#87 casabonita

casabonita

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10
  • Interests:lucid dreaming, debunking pseudoscience, atheism, philosophy/religion, music theory, pipe smoking, drums, bass, guitar, astronomy, cosmology, the universe, travel, READING

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

Yea, that's true, it is very vague...

idk it was just such a specifically awesome video. I didn't see a whole lot of edited highlight reels, and this was literally just a collection of the jams only, none of the previously recorded material.

If you know any sources to a good highlight reel of the funky jams from that tour, that's probably the video I'm referring.

Thanks!

Some other descriptions: almost the whole band is visible the entire time, it's shot from way back in the audience, and at the end of the clip (it's about 5-10 minutes long), they show the lights coming up and it looks like a railway style theater, IE lots of forward-to-back room in the audience but very little width to it.

Hmm from what you just described I don't think that was the Madrid show, unfortunately. Sala Riviera is more like a club atmosphere with a bar in the center with palm trees and everything. I don't think those videos could have come from the Madrid show. Just thought I'd help you narrow it down.

Check out the venue here: http://www.salariviera.com/galeria.php

#88 iamisandisnt

iamisandisnt

• Coma Donor
  • 13056 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

Yea, don't look like it at all.

Oh well. If anybody ever comes across this post and knows wtf I'm talking about, please PM me and I'll try my best to make it up to you. Sorry for clogging up the Madrid thread with this :D

#89 iorch82

iorch82

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 01-January 10

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

I don't think that a DVD with this show will be released. I was there, and I'm almost sure there weren't any filming crew on the scenario. The show was great,but, even being a hard-core TMV fan, it was ridicously long. You know, the Aberinkula intro was like 10 -15 minutes long. So boring.

Besides that, it was a great show, for sure. Typical TBIG set-list. No major surprises.

#90 chope

chope

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 25-January 10

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

i was there and i dont saw any camera.it was a good show,but i think thats no recorded.the quality sound of the place is not too good

#91 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9840 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

i was there and i dont saw any camera.it was a good show,but i think thats no recorded.the quality sound of the place is not too good

i like your inland empire sig.

#92 phlegmatic_lemon

phlegmatic_lemon

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 19-September 05

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

http://www.worldclas...Mars_Volta.html

#93 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2653 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

http://www.worldclas...Mars_Volta.html

thats been there for what, 2 years?

#94 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 13351 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:46 AM

Yeah actually that's why the thread was started... maybe I should edit the topic description, nothing indicates that this will ever come out

#95 tumples

tumples

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Joined 14-April 08

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Pridgen prevented this you reckon?

#96 brucef

brucef

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 26-February 16

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

any recording? 

#97 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

in•ter a•li•a•moms

• Party Members
  • 5507 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me be about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

any recording? 

There was a recording of Wax I believe up on Myspace circa 2008/2009.  I don't know if anyone nabbed it.

#98 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2974 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

I have it some

any recording? 

There was a recording of Wax I believe up on Myspace circa 2008/2009.  I don't know if anyone nabbed it.

I think I have it somewhere.

#99 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3040 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

https://myspace.com/...s-volta-1127417

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users