IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

LP7

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#181 Germn F.

Germn F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2509 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:59 AM

its mind boggling the closed mindedness of some fans, then whole fun and point of tmv is that its always changing and its always something different

Not close mindedness, just a realistic fan. The music may be good because omar rarely disappoints, but what’s the point or fun with a guy that can’t sing good live anymore? I’ll take orl solo or any of his other side projects before a watered down version of tmv.

#182 popeonarope

popeonarope

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Joined 13-May 11

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:19 AM

I don't believe in spirits and 100% believe they made that shit up, and I think that's ok!  I still had tons of fun with that album and still do to this day.

#183 shiggityshwo

shiggityshwo

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 20-August 08

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:44 AM

to be perfectly frank, I think lp7's gonna rock our tmv socks off

#184 swoonlp

swoonlp

Underneath the surface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3596 posts
  • Joined 12-October 13

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:34 AM

Oh God, I hope we get TMV socks!

#185 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4320 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

Oh God, I hope we get TMV socks!

Thats what ive been waiting for 7 years

#186 shiggityshwo

shiggityshwo

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 20-August 08

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

they're just gonna get rocked off though guys don't get your hopes up 

#187 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:40 PM

its mind boggling the closed mindedness of some fans, then whole fun and point of tmv is that its always changing and its always something different

To have fun, too. Don’t forget about that

yeah yeah of course, for the band members what keeps it fun is that it's always changing and they're always trying something different or new. or at least partially. but like i always thought that the fact it changed and transformed constantly was a big part of what we liked about them as fans - well at least for me!

#188 auxfnx

auxfnx

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 26-October 10

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

Not close mindedness, just a realistic fan. The music may be good because omar rarely disappoints, but what’s the point or fun with a guy that can’t sing good live anymore? I’ll take orl solo or any of his other side projects before a watered down version of tmv.

but where does this idea of 'watered down' come from? 'watered down' would be self-imitation, like ATDI re-union and getting 'golden-age' TMV members back. full mars volta is what cedric is talking about - taking risks and doing something new and exciting

#189 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2938 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:28 PM

Exactly. That’s the opposite of watered down. They’re buddies. Out of tune, can’t sing or not, they’re gonna wanna tour together.

I hope the new album isn’t really rock music. And I still hope for a hip hop inspired album, which makes sense considering Omar’s recent funky music and Cedric’s love for that new Wu Tang doc (to quote him, it makes him feel inspired to go out and create music). But whatever. It’s not my band. Who the fuck are we to say “you shouldn’t do this”.

#190 Somniloquist

Somniloquist

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 08-February 18
  • Interests:Role playing, occasional video game activity, music. That's it! One day, I will be cultured.

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:47 PM

I'm not gonna work myself into a lather over it. They'll put it out when I put it out, I'll either like it or I won't. Or, knowing me, I'll listen to it, go "What the fuck is this?", then put it back on two weeks later and go, ". . .GREAT, that's what it is!" Showing enthusiasm for it happening is good and everything but "it better be [this way] or I'll know they've really lost it" isn't constructive. Unless you want to make them spiteful and inspire them to put out what they think you'll hate the most, of course.

#191 Germn F.

Germn F.

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2509 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:18 AM

Exactly. That’s the opposite of watered down. They’re buddies. Out of tune, can’t sing or not, they’re gonna wanna tour together.

I hope the new album isn’t really rock music. And I still hope for a hip hop inspired album, which makes sense considering Omar’s recent funky music and Cedric’s love for that new Wu Tang doc (to quote him, it makes him feel inspired to go out and create music). But whatever. It’s not my band. Who the fuck are we to say “you shouldn’t do this”.

Yeah, hopefully it’s an acoustic hip hop album

#192 Rawr1922

Rawr1922

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 17-March 19

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:03 AM

lolz

#193 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

#StillNoAnswers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9064 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11

Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, hopefully it’s an acoustic hip hop album
I'm down with this as long as there is electricity running through it

#194 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2657 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM

https://gematsu.com/...es-september-27is that what they meant when they said Volta are coming back?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users