IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Xenophanesnew Omar album (info updated)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic

#41 youbitch

youbitch

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

I spent monday and tuesday with Omar making media promo for Xenophanes: Mexican radio, TV and magazines.

We played some tracks on the radio, with some not mastered versions of it. Yes, it's coming out in september, it's gonna be distributed via Universal Music here in Mexico, mostly. It's a great album, indeed.. very interesting... there's gonna be a video release of the first single, also for september.

All lyrics are in spanish, and most of the singing is done by Omar.

The band includes:

-Thomas Pridgen, drums
-Marcel Rodriguez-Lopez
-Juan Alderete, bass
-Mark Aanderud, piano/synths
-Ximena Sariñana, voices

#42 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2379 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

Lets hope that means he'll get the dvd out too for 09 release

#43 frodolinho

frodolinho

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

okay sounds interesting, especially the fact that omar will do most of the vocal parts .. buuut why is he releasing it via universal? i mean, he has his own label now??!

#44 trentagrammaton

trentagrammaton

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 07-November 06
  • Interests:I've been indexing the Watcher diaries covering the last couple of centuries. You'd be amazed how numbingly pompous and long-winded some of these Watchers were.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

not el grupo II then.

el otra grupo de Omar Rodriguez Lopez?

#45 ElOscuroMeMantiene

ElOscuroMeMantiene

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts
  • Joined 20-September 06
  • Interests:The Mars Volta and similarly diverse expressions of mind.......
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

bullshit alert

#46 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

I spent monday and tuesday with Omar making media promo for Xenophanes: Mexican radio, TV and magazines.

We played some tracks on the radio, with some not mastered versions of it. Yes, it's coming out in september, it's gonna be distributed via Universal Music here in Mexico, mostly. It's a great album, indeed.. very interesting... there's gonna be a video release of the first single, also for september.

The band includes:

-Thomas Pridgen, drums
-Marcel Rodriguez-Lopez
-Juan Alderete, bass
-Ximena Sariñana, voices

i'll update the first post with that info (i hope it's legit). thank you so much for sharing.
just for curiosity, which is your job? it's so cool that you helped Omar in this! :)

#47 youbitch

youbitch

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

okay sounds interesting, especially the fact that omar will do most of the vocal parts .. buuut why is he releasing it via universal? i mean, he has his own label now??!

The intention is for spanish-speaking public to have this spanish-lyrics record. Distribution in Mexico and possibly Latin America is going to be via Universal Music and with Rodriguez Lopez Productions seal on it. The intention to edit this record in Mexico for Mexico is to lower the prices, cause all of Omar's CD's are imported from US, mostly.

#48 youbitch

youbitch

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

The band includes:

-Thomas Pridgen, drums
-Marcel Rodriguez-Lopez
-Juan Alderete, bass
-Ximena Sariñana, voices

i'll update the first post with that info (i hope it's legit). thank you so much for sharing.
just for curiosity, which is your job? it's so cool that you helped Omar in this! :)

Don't worry it's legit. The thing is that this information is really really new. Omar finished mixing this record last thursday or friday. It's not even mastered yet. We did a lot of press in Mexico City, because we're looking for this CD sung in spanish to be a big deal here in Mexico. I'm working with a Universal Music Mexico label manager, but are kinda doing this aside from Universal who are only going to make the physical CD's and distribute them in stores. We had a couple of very cool days, I met Omar before twice, but until now we had the chance to begin working with him.

#49 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

The band includes:

-Thomas Pridgen, drums
-Marcel Rodriguez-Lopez
-Juan Alderete, bass
-Ximena Sariñana, voices

Don't worry it's legit. The thing is that this information is really really new. Omar finished mixing this record last thursday or friday. It's not even mastered yet. We did a lot of press in Mexico City, because we're looking for this CD sung in spanish to be a big deal here in Mexico. I'm working with a Universal Music Mexico label manager, but are kinda doing this aside from Universal who are only going to make the physical CD's and distribute them in stores. We had a couple of very cool days, I met Omar before twice, but until now we had the chance to begin working with him.

wow, that's wonderful, man. kudos to you. i bet everyone here would kill to work with Omar.
in my opinion, such CD can definitely sell in large numbers in your country. Ximena has also a lot of fans there, hasn't she?
in addition, i know a lot of people who don't listen to music in English because they say they can't understand the lyrics. that's obviously terrible, and doesn't exactly prove that they have quite a high level of education.
in spite of everything, i guess Omar will reach many more people that way for these reasons, and also from showing his love to the country where he's currently living (remember his opinions about swine flu and Mexico...).

will Omar fans from the rest of the world be able to find Xenophanes in the stores as well?

#50 Ornament

Ornament

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1135 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hmm... Kinda worried about Omar singing... Is it good? Never been good in the past.

Any chance for a stream or anything of what was played on the radio?

#51 youbitch

youbitch

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

will Omar fans from the rest of the world be able to find Xenophanes in the stores as well?

I'm not quite sure... but the most probable thing is that it will be available everywhere via Rodriguez Lopez Productions

Hmm... Kinda worried about Omar singing... Is it good? Never been good in the past.

Any chance for a stream or anything of what was played on the radio?

Personally I've never heard him singing before... I think it is good.

No streams yet... it still needs to be mastered.

#52 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

i happen to like omar's singing in Calibration, for example
perhaps too many effects on his voice in my opinion, but whatever

thanks again, youbitch. btw, listen to Calibration if you haven't.

#53 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

Fuerza De Liberacion.
El Monte T'ai.
Lick The Tilting Poppies.
Sidewalk Fins.

:)

#54 Midnight Neuces

Midnight Neuces

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Joined 02-August 06
  • Interests:I'm a Christian, I listening to, play, and write music, Sports are pretty cool(American football, basketball, volleyball, etc), I rather like video games...mmmhmm...

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:18 PM

Yeah, I really liked Omar's singing on Calibration.

#55 ArtDamage

ArtDamage

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts
  • Joined 22-September 07
  • Interests:my band: www.myspace.com/agprix<br />for fans of volta, tsoaf, circa survive, maps and atlases, fall of troy, coheed, etc.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

omar can actually hold his own vocally
just listen to lick the til ting poppies off calibration

though there's probably a bit of tuning on the vocals just to make it sounds prettier

can you tell us what the album sounds like? is it latin or salsa music? i hope soooo........

#56 Ornament

Ornament

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1135 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

Bad vocals.

#57 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

omar can actually hold his own vocally
just listen to lick the til ting poppies off calibration

though there's probably a bit of tuning on the vocals just to make it sounds prettier

can you tell us what the album sounds like? is it latin or salsa music? i hope soooo........

will it include Las Flores Con Limón, Victimas del Cielo...???

#58 sireres

sireres

Ilyena

• Members
  • 3421 posts
  • Joined 28-June 08

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

Bad vocals.

Cedric's performance isn't exactly the best ever either. xD

#59 LouisGilbrook

LouisGilbrook

oh..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:You.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:46 PM

will it include Las Flores Con Limón, Victimas del Cielo...???

I hope so, so much..

Victims = heaven.

#60 ArtDamage

ArtDamage

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts
  • Joined 22-September 07
  • Interests:my band: www.myspace.com/agprix<br />for fans of volta, tsoaf, circa survive, maps and atlases, fall of troy, coheed, etc.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:48 PM

that eunuch video is fucking great.
regardless if they're not completely on par vocally
the energy that they lack now is there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users