IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Cedric's restraining order on Pridgen?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
488 replies to this topic

#41 alan_pfeifer

alan_pfeifer

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts
  • Joined 21-November 04

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

Everyone involved in whatever's going on is being ridiculous. Thomas should've just pulled a Jon and, even if he was pissed and had a reason to leave, kept his mouth shut, let Omar and Cedric make more ridiculous girlfriend analogies about the whole ordeal.

That said, Cedric jumping on Facebook of all places and saying everything about Thomas isn't exactly the right thing to do either. If anyone remembers how he and Omar acted after Jon left, them ragging on a former band mate isn't new.

Lastly, by now someone should just come out and let everyone know what's going on, because all this fan speculation that has nothing to do about the music is getting kinda old.

#42 Eisce

Eisce

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 23-September 06

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:45 AM

Big If's.

If they (double twin power C's) have knowledge of him punching some female in the throat, why on earth would she post a trailing commentary on dissing him with the added insult of the person involved in the conversation being the person that replaced him in the band?

They don't just issue restraining orders for anything; there had to be just cause.

It wouldn't surprise me if Thomas threatened physical violence to either Cedric or his wife, and if that was the case then it was justified.....and Thomas was stupid for putting himself in that situation.

Actually (I used to be an asst. for an attorney) restraining orders can be filed on circumstantial evidence. A temp. restraining order will be assigned for damn near anything. An actual perm. restraining order requires solid evidence and usually witnesses. If I told someone to shut the fuck up or I just may kick their ass, that would all they would need for a temp. restraining order. A high priced lawyer can accomplish a temp. restraining order from his desk with no evidence whatsoever.

#43 Paladin

Paladin

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 26-January 10

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:50 AM

Big If's.

If they (double twin power C's) have knowledge of him punching some female in the throat, why on earth would she post a trailing commentary on dissing him with the added insult of the person involved in the conversation being the person that replaced him in the band?

They don't just issue restraining orders for anything; there had to be just cause.

It wouldn't surprise me if Thomas threatened physical violence to either Cedric or his wife, and if that was the case then it was justified.....and Thomas was stupid for putting himself in that situation.

Actually (I used to be an asst. for an attorney) restraining orders can be filed on circumstantial evidence. A temp. restraining order will be assigned for damn near anything. An actual perm. restraining order requires solid evidence and usually witnesses. If I told someone to shut the fuck up or I just may kick their ass, that would all they would need for a temp. restraining order. A high priced lawyer can accomplish a temp. restraining order from his desk with no evidence whatsoever.

I guess it varies from district to district because I've known people who were unsuccessful filing restraining orders because there wasn't enough evidence and the judge didn't think it was justified. I don't think Cedric and company can afford a "high priced" lawyer; they had to let go of some of their band because of financial hardships.

All this points to the fact that someone believed Thomas' actions did give merit for a restraining order.

#44 cicatrizesp

cicatrizesp

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:06 AM

Posted Image

i'm imagining this being presented on film by omar as part of a "you used to be bros and now this" intervention, followed by a nice hearty brohug between the two weeping bandmates.

#45 NoveltyofVolta

NoveltyofVolta

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:38 AM

THE QUESTION IS WHO WILL WIN IN A FIGHT? CEDRIC OR THOMAS?

#46 TremulantDeloused

TremulantDeloused

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 29-October 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:44 AM

THE QUESTION IS WHO WILL WIN IN A FIGHT? CEDRIC OR THOMAS?

My money's on Thomas.

#47 Theverminyouneed

Theverminyouneed

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2299 posts
  • Joined 02-December 07
  • Interests:everything and nothing
  • Facebook

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:52 AM

This is pretty funny.I really can't take thomas' posts serious though. The dude really can't put sentences together.

#48 Balljoint

Balljoint

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • Joined 12-May 06

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:11 AM

I'm sorry I don't understand most of the words on this topic (i am french)
'issuing restraining order' ?
Can someone explain it to me with clear words please?

it's piece of paper that say that if TP comes near Cedric's wife, she can call the police and he will get in trouble, just for being near her.

#49 Omar+Cedric=God

Omar+Cedric=God

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 17-February 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:34 AM

I still find it funny that Omar and TP are "doggies". Omar hasn't said anything to support either of them which I think may hint to a future colab between him and TP.

#50 alan_pfeifer

alan_pfeifer

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts
  • Joined 21-November 04

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:43 AM

I hope there is. Thomas and Omar work really well together.

#51 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:59 AM

This all points to the band breaking up and doing different things. Dramarama.

#52 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2382 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

Posted Image
haha

#53 Moti11iatta

Moti11iatta

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 06-September 09
  • Interests:Anything related to THE MARS VOLTA!!!!! Also, music in general, art, martial arts films, other asian films, anime, skateboarding, books by good writers. You know, cool stuff.
  • Facebook
  • Myspace

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:34 AM

Lastly, by now someone should just come out and let everyone know what's going on, because all this fan speculation that has nothing to do about the music is getting kinda old.

I'm with you.

#54 Victor

Victor

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2537 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:33 AM

It's all hearsay from both sides (except someone indicated there are public records about TP's domestic violence arrests -- one supposedly against his grandmother who raised him -- but I have yet to actually see them and can't be bothered to look), but I will note if someone is accusing you of violence against women, it's probably not the wisest retort to make sexist remarks disparagingly comparing him to a woman ("bitch with a dick" earlier and now this latest "he used to just sing like a girl.... Etc" crap.) Makes it look like he really is a misogynist, and his homophobic slurs in the past (before all this nonsense) did raise red flags with me, but then "all the kids talk like that now but it doesn't mean anything anymore" (or so I keep being told), so there's a part of me that's inclined to believe there may be something to Cedric's sardonic diatribe. But, who knows? I know I have biases along these lines so amtrying to stay as objective as I can and just not think much about any of it. It's kinda funny, but I really wish it weren't happening because it just casts everybody involved in a seriously unflattering light. Kinda hoped this band wouldn't descend into this kinda dramarama nonsense, but I suspect TP's lack of media-savvy and Cedric's wife's penchant for spectacles are mixing badly here.

#55 SpiralingAgony

SpiralingAgony

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 20-June 09
  • Interests:Volta, Drums (haven't played in a while), Big Country (yes, the 1980s band, great group), hip-hop that isn't shiite (see Dilla, Madlib, those types of dudes), art, movies, politics, long walks on the beach (jokes, smh..)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:39 AM

aslo agreed

edit: holy mackerel! sorry, kids, I don't even remember typing this, what an unfortunate drunken spewing.... apologies o those whose eyes I have offeneded with this buffoonery... that is all.

#56 Victor

Victor

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2537 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:01 AM

I will say this, too -- I suspect from comparing Cedric's remarks to Thomas' use of language (which has been noted several times here and elsewhere) that there is an underlying culture/class clash going on here. TP seems to come from a very different background than Cedric (son of a professor) and Omar (son of a psychiatrist) do. And to be clear, I'm not talking "race" per se because from the one interview I read with Ikey, he sounds like he also comes from a solidly middle-class suburban background (am I remembering Orange County correctly?) and seems on a very similar attitudinal wavelength to O&C. Even just the small bit of information that TP's grandmother raised him is suggesting he comes from a much rougher background, and though that doesn't excuse misogyny (much less actual violence against women, if accurate) or homophobia, it does go a way to explaining why he talks the way he does and why he seems to want to come off as Big Mr. Macho and effeminize Cedric, and reminds me that he's still a young kid, obviously suddenly finding himself in a really different scene from what looks like a rough time growing up, and could just be he's not quite adjusted and gotten his sea-legs yet, and that there's stuff going on here that transcends "the personal" into "the sociological."

Not that ultimately any of that matters in a practical way. Just a hunch based on the tone and content of Cedric's comment contrasted with Thomas' responses.

#57 cicatrizesp

cicatrizesp

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:00 AM

okay, while we're here: anyone have that comic strip where cedric has omar fire thomas cause he smoked all the bud?

#58 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06
  • Interests:Guitar<br />SNES<br />Movies<br />Music<br />blahlblahblahlah

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:39 AM

i love how some people are picking cedric's side and bashing tp, and how some people are picking tp's side. the reason i love that is because no one has any idea whats going on and people are picking favorites for no apparent reason besides "i like this guy more". cool. the only thing we should be talking about is how annoying it is that this band feels it necessary to not let their fans know anything, ever, regardless of it's relevance. all it does is cause harmful speculation which. in my experience in looking back, has never done anything but hurt the band's image in some way

#59 Victor

Victor

Ouroboros

• Members
  • 2537 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

Meh. I'm pretty sure I wished I knew less about this kind of nonsense, not more. One of the things I really used to dig about this band when I first got into them was that they kept the private private so it wasn't the usual Behind the Music melodrama. This seems like a big step backwards for them.

#60 ZeMaster

ZeMaster

open the wound/let it pore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6625 posts
  • Joined 28-March 05

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

theory plz confirm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users