IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

The Mars Volta will play again2015

• Please log in to reply
4465 replies to this topic

#4461 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

Cedric, apropos of nothing in reply to a seemingly random person posting that they'd listened to Cicatriz: "When it happens, no old material will be played".

I hope so. Have no desire to hear Cedric butcher old songs with his current voice.

#4462 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4087 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted Yesterday, 06:59 AM

im sure they ll come back to old songs in long term. they defo will play goliath, intertiatic and widow

#4463 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 AM

But I do think Omar is at Clouds Hill finishing the solo project.

Almost definitely. But Omar doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to only work on 1 project at a time. He strikes me as more the kind of guy to take advantage of precious studio time to hammer out a whole bunch of projects that he has been conceptualizing since the last time he had a chance to sit down in front of that equipment. Odds are, whatever project we think he's working on is probably well into the rearview by now.

There is no barrier between "solo work" and "new TMV." All recorded together and he chooses some afterward to have Cedric sing on

#4464 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2868 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted Yesterday, 05:21 PM

He doesn’t work that way anymore.

#4465 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2868 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted Yesterday, 05:24 PM

im sure they ll come back to old songs in long term. they defo will play goliath, intertiatic and widow

Doubt it. Cedric seems fine with ATDI being used as a nostalgia act half of the time. Makes sense, considering their history and roots within the band. But he’s also adamant about Volta being the complete opposite.

#4466 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 PM

But I do think Omar is at Clouds Hill finishing the solo project.

Almost definitely. But Omar doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to only work on 1 project at a time. He strikes me as more the kind of guy to take advantage of precious studio time to hammer out a whole bunch of projects that he has been conceptualizing since the last time he had a chance to sit down in front of that equipment. Odds are, whatever project we think he's working on is probably well into the rearview by now.

There is no barrier between "solo work" and "new TMV." All recorded together and he chooses some afterward to have Cedric sing on

He most definitely absolutely without question works on projects that are absolutely positively not TMV. Are you posting from 2008 or something?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users