IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Erykah Badu AppreciationI know nobody here likes her, but I <3

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 BrettG83

BrettG83

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Joined 17-May 05

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:41 AM

Seeing her this Saturday, so excited been bumping E Badu all week. Man her 1997 Live album is so tight!! She gets an hour and 15 minute set. Lets hope she shows up on time and then plays overtime. Still no news on a sideshow, hoping for some sort of secret show, but there is only 3 nights left for her to do it!

P.S. someone help me out with the above shows ^^ I will even transfer you a few bucks for the download.

#142 BrettG83

BrettG83

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Joined 17-May 05

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Okay some Badu news:

So what's next for you on the music front?
Right now I have an album coming out with a group I put together called The Cannabinoids. We just finished a tour, and we're going on another tour this week, to Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand. And I'm in a group called Rocket Juice and the Moon, with Damon Albarn from The Gorillaz, Tony Allen, the drummer from Fela Kuti, Flea, the bass player from The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and myself. It's real tribal and beautiful.

And I just did two songs with The Flaming Lips, we did a project together. Also, I did a song with Robert Glasper. I'm working on my own album which comes out at the end of the year, fourth quarter. And I'm gonna start working on this other project I can't tell you about. It'll definitely give you a hard-on, I promise. If you love music.

And after seeing at Goodvibes last year Ms Badu is back in Australia just 1 year later, I am seeing her this Sunday & Monday at the Sydney Opera House!! Im so pumped!!

#143 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4468 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

What happened with Rocket Juice and the Moon? What is Erykah up to now??

Anyway, <3 Erykah Badu.

#144 Ararat

Ararat

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2265 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

everything i've heard from her has been great but i havent had the time to really dive in yet

#145 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5190 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05
  • Interests:MUSIC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

She has been touring a lot (few shows with D'Angelo). And she just released a video with Janelle Monae.

http://www.bet.com/v...rykah-badu.html

Apparently she is also making vines!

http://www.buzzfeed....ul-as-you-would

#146 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13348 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:23 PM

Badu says she can see the best side in anyone and then  uses Hitler as an example saying, “I saw something  good in Hitler."Interviewer David Marchese replied with, "Come again?"The 46-year-old singer then adds, "Hitler was a wonderful painter" and that "he had a terrible childhood."

She equated her opinions to her astrological sign saying that she's a Pisces, but her rationale is hard to follow in the interview. Badu even adds that Hitler's childhood makes her think of her daughter Mars and what life would be like if she had a bad childhood.

The Baduizm singer didn't stop there: she also explained that she's wary of judging Bill Cosby - who has been accused of sexual assault and misconduct by at least 60 women - because she'd need to weigh the facts. She adds, "I love Bill Cosby, and I love what he’s done for the world. But if he’s sick, why would I be angry with him?"

http://www.independe...r-a8178316.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users