IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

(#0??) Azul, Mi Dientes2013

Omar Rodriguez Lopez Bosnian Rainbows Teri Gender Bender Azul Mi Dientes Sargent House

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#41 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2800 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

You know damn well that plays a part. They will market the shit out of a pretty lady.

...and thats the point for me. On stage Teri doesnīt behave like a pretty lady. She sweats, she dances like a crazy witchdoctor sometimes, she blows her nose in her skirt etc. She just donīt give a fuck. You donīt have to like that. But she is into the music with all her heart, body and soul. I apprecciate that so much. Ohhh... and she is fucking sexy! :wub: :wink:

Her voice.... yeah, okay. Some people donīt like it. I donīt understand that, but okay. Matter of taste, i guess. Same with the music.

But saying that Teri (or Omar, or D. or Nicki) has no talent is stupid, ignorant and what not....

Yes, a lot of passion is there on stage. Teri actually has a knack for good vocal melodies. Sin sin sin displays some of that, as does Bosnian Rainbows. Koolaid has some great tracks, "people feeding" and "18" are good examples. Marcel is badass on that record too. I'm not sure why so many people dislike it.

#42 Kazza3

Kazza3

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2174 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I have no doubt that there are many who just dislike her as an artist, but the absolute venom of some other attacks, both here and on the facebook group, is absurd. I always saw a couple of reasons for those- just the regular people on the Internet being regular people on the internet; associating her with the hiatus of TMV and/or with Omar's electronic music (ie, Yoko) and being overly bitter about that; and less specifically sexism but more anti-feminism, there's sometimes a vibe of 'she's so disgusting, rummaging around the stage, why doesn't she act like good girl and stay still and sing nice and look pretty' to these. I spose sexism plays a part in that when men perform like she does, it's considered normal rock.

The absurdity of that is, when you see/meet her, she's so lovely and humble, ends each song with a massive happy grin.

I love BR, like OKA (though I don't think her melodies are the greatest on there) and look forward to this album.

#43 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4762 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I have no doubt that there are many who just dislike her as an artist, but the absolute venom of some other attacks, both here and on the facebook group, is absurd. I always saw a couple of reasons for those- just the regular people on the Internet being regular people on the internet; associating her with the hiatus of TMV and/or with Omar's electronic music (ie, Yoko) and being overly bitter about that; and less specifically sexism but more anti-feminism, there's sometimes a vibe of 'she's so disgusting, rummaging around the stage, why doesn't she act like good girl and stay still and sing nice and look pretty' to these. I spose sexism plays a part in that when men perform like she does, it's considered normal rock.

This, although by now it's pretty much a moot point; everyone agrees the internet gives free reign to people's most cowardly, petty and lazy impulses. I guess the only surprise is that there's not more solidarity in the Volta community, but that's always been the case, going back at least to the days when Cobain realized his fans were composed of the same people who ostracized him in high school.

#44 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10315 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I have no doubt that there are many less specifically sexism but more anti-feminism, there's sometimes a vibe of 'she's so disgusting, rummaging around the stage, why doesn't she act like good girl and stay still and sing nice and look pretty'

agreed

but that's always been the case, going back at least to the days when Cobain realized his fans were composed of the same people who ostracized him in high school.

haha no man, that goes back to elvis presley, who early in his career found out that he was just supposed to shake his hips and sing along to a pre-recorded tape. before that, it was mostly racism that stagnated the rise and development of rock n roll. yay for masses and their opinions.

#45 Jimothy

Jimothy

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 22-February 08

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Only on the Coma can you get 3 pages of bullshit about a controversial singer who's on an album that may not even be released.

Calm down. -_-

#46 shaREEB

shaREEB

Butthole

• Party Members
  • 12009 posts
  • Joined 17-November 08

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Only on the Coma can you get 3 pages of bullshit about a controversial singer who's on an album that may not even be released.

Calm down. -_-

You just added to it.

And if you actually think about it, it's not like we don't have a large enough sample size to know what to expect from Teri.

ONLY ON THE COMA!!!! LOL

#47 Jimothy

Jimothy

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 22-February 08

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Calm down. -_-

You just added to it.

And if you actually think about it, it's not like we don't have a large enough sample size to know what to expect from Teri.

ONLY ON THE COMA!!!! LOL

I know I did.

We do have a lot of samples from her, but who says she isn't going to do something new? Just like Omar has been on his recent albums. I find it ridiculous for people to ridicule her for being on an album they haven't heard yet. You like her? Great. You don't? That's great too. There's just no need to bring in this sexist/feminist connotation to the table. It adds nothing.

That being said, neither does this.

I am looking forward to this album whether Teri does something new or not. I hope it's released sooner rather than later, as is the case with all Omar releases.

#48 cracknowledge101

cracknowledge101

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1409 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04
  • Interests:poopy pee

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

omg vaginas

#49 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

My dickhole has more talent than Teri. Pretty lady, though.

I thought we were talking about getting on a major label, not about talent

I wonder why this is on a different label...

Big Sir's Before Gardens After Gardens was released on Neurotic Yell, but only on vinyl. I have a feeling NYR is just bankrolling the vinyl release of this album, with possible additional releases in the future.

That wouldn't surprise me

Neurotic Yell released just one of the two lp releases of Before Gardens After Gardens, the one on orange vinyl while the white one was released through Sargent House. As far as I know, the label's owner is Mrs. Frusciante, am I wrong?

#50 SolarGambling69

SolarGambling69

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
  • Interests:Kantutan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

ur not cool because you say ur "dickhole" has more talent. Get up on stage brotha and prove u can do better.

Ximena was great for that era. Her voice worked on the live albums she was a part of. Her vocals on Xenophanes/Solar/Cizana worked within that style. She brought a poppy sound in her native tongue, within the psychedelic frenzy that is Omar. She was able to do ballads really well on Ciencia and upbeat electro tunes on Tychozorente. But she's a Mexican pop singer and she doesn't have much range. She's also not a stage performer. She was limited, you knew it wouldn't last too long because Omar is always changing. She did great but i don't listen to her own albums.

Teri is everything Ximena wasn't. Doesn't mean she's better, it's just different. She doesn't mind singing in english more. She does well with a punk rock sound, psychedelia or electronic music. Her voice has more range. She can sing much deeper than Ximena. She IS a performer on stage. Even if her movements are weird, it's still a performance. A multi-instrumentalist. A band leader of her own. I enjoy her stuff outside of Omar/Bosnian Rainbows...so for me personally that's another difference.

To say that you dont like Teri is fine but to arrogantly say that she has no talent? You're an idiot.

I like how worked up you are with something I said over the internet. Teri still sucks, got nothing to do with her gender. But it's cool if you like her, I don't care. Ximena is still better imho and doesn't need to pee on stage and be a trying hard performer to mask the fact that she indeed sucks.

#51 Lantros

Lantros

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 30-September 09

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I like how worked up you are with something I said over the internet. Teri still sucks, got nothing to do with her gender. But it's cool if you like her, I don't care. Ximena is still better imho and doesn't need to pee on stage and be a trying hard performer to mask the fact that she indeed sucks.

You think teri is TRYING on stage? :laugh: So blind, so wrong...

#52 Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man

POWDERED.TOAST.MAN

• Members
  • 11608 posts
  • Joined 20-February 10
  • Twitter

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Ugh. Every time I see a topic on this section of the board that may yield some decent discussion, I am already too late to the party and there's already 4 pages of you cunts circle jerking with your bullshit. I'm going back to Neotokyo to troll that dude some more in the Cute Girl Thread.

#53 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

ur not cool because you say ur "dickhole" has more talent. Get up on stage brotha and prove u can do better.

Ximena was great for that era. Her voice worked on the live albums she was a part of. Her vocals on Xenophanes/Solar/Cizana worked within that style. She brought a poppy sound in her native tongue, within the psychedelic frenzy that is Omar. She was able to do ballads really well on Ciencia and upbeat electro tunes on Tychozorente. But she's a Mexican pop singer and she doesn't have much range. She's also not a stage performer. She was limited, you knew it wouldn't last too long because Omar is always changing. She did great but i don't listen to her own albums.

Teri is everything Ximena wasn't. Doesn't mean she's better, it's just different. She doesn't mind singing in english more. She does well with a punk rock sound, psychedelia or electronic music. Her voice has more range. She can sing much deeper than Ximena. She IS a performer on stage. Even if her movements are weird, it's still a performance. A multi-instrumentalist. A band leader of her own. I enjoy her stuff outside of Omar/Bosnian Rainbows...so for me personally that's another difference.

To say that you dont like Teri is fine but to arrogantly say that she has no talent? You're an idiot.

X2

#54 Mongrel

Mongrel

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 16-January 10

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yeeeeah, people on here are getting pretty worked up about the Teri disses.

True, Teri's vocal talents are less than Ximenia's and Cedric's, but still worlds better than Omar's half-assed bullshit a la Unicorn Skeleton Mask and Saber, Querer, Osar, Y Callar. I, for one, am happy to know that another solo release featuring Teri is in the works. With that said, the people getting super worked up over the criticism of her need to relax. It's a forum; people say things that you don't agree with.

#55 SolarGambling69

SolarGambling69

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
  • Interests:Kantutan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Yeeeeah, people on here are getting pretty worked up about the Teri disses.

True, Teri's vocal talents are less than Ximenia's and Cedric's, but still worlds better than Omar's half-assed bullshit a la Unicorn Skeleton Mask and Saber, Querer, Osar, Y Callar. I, for one, am happy to know that another solo release featuring Teri is in the works. With that said, the people getting super worked up over the criticism of her need to relax. It's a forum; people say things that you don't agree with.

Exactly.

#56 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6110 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

I just want to clarify that no one here meant anything sexist towards Teri. Most of us just believe she's better off in Omar's kitchen than on his records.

#57 daveion

daveion

El Guapo

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • Joined 01-March 05

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

I just want to clarify that no one here meant anything sexist towards Teri. Most of us just believe she's better off in Omar's kitchen than on his records.

Maybe not... Posted Image

#58 Jehu

Jehu

I like to drive

• Members
  • 6110 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
  • Interests:Mostly driving
  • Twitter

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Still looks better than when she's onstage.

#59 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10315 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

:laugh:

#60 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • 6885 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Heard omar is releasing a new album with Teri, called Azul, mi Dientes. I was wondering why it is being released on Neurotic Yell Records instead of ORLG/Sargent House? could it be vinyl only?

this is true - it's being released on Neurotic because the people behind the label are good friends and we support them to do that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Bosnian Rainbows, Teri Gender Bender, Azul Mi Dientes, Sargent House

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users