IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Does More moderation Really Work?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 firstrays123

firstrays123

We Do By Declare Ourselves To Be Another Art Of Being

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10329 posts
  • Joined 23-May 04
  • Interests:Music, School, Meditation, Friends & Family, Spirituality, Good Food, Traveling and Sun Ra

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:35 AM

for awhile I thought more moderators were needed, but drunkship has more then any other forum and is the most jungle like, I don't even know what to think about this place anymore, it's the most extreme thing I have experienced online, thats for sure. So maybe some mods need to be pulled out of drunkship and a few mods who will actually clean it up should be left.

#2 Apeirophobic

Apeirophobic

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4343 posts
  • Joined 06-July 06

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:36 AM

If you want to see this forum as organized and completely civil I have a recommendation I guarantee will fix your problem.

Visit this site: www.4chan.org and go to the section called /b/ random

#3 Sara

Sara

dead so i've played to merely turn him on

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Interests:I should have loved a thunderbird instead; <br />At least when spring comes they roar back again.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:56 AM

well it turned out that only forum moderators were receiving reported posts for places like the drunkship, so we added a few global mods as drunkship forum mods so that more reports can be seen and dealt with by the moderating team

#4 Zopwx2

Zopwx2

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2631 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:43 AM

1&2 :excl:

#5 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5211 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05
  • Interests:MUSIC

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:24 AM

i dont think moderation can cure retardation.

#6 firstrays123

firstrays123

• Members
  • 10329 posts
  • Joined 23-May 04
  • Interests:Music, School, Meditation, Friends &amp; Family, Spirituality, Good Food, Traveling and Sun Ra

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:08 PM

I'm not sure I see what the site suggestion is here.

So maybe some mods need to be pulled out of drunkship and a few mods who will actually clean it up should be left.

actually read the entire post next time

this is pretty much the point I am making outside of the suggestion, most of you moderators are worthless.

#7 firstrays123

firstrays123

• Members
  • 10329 posts
  • Joined 23-May 04
  • Interests:Music, School, Meditation, Friends &amp; Family, Spirituality, Good Food, Traveling and Sun Ra

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

it bothers me when more moderators get added and drunkship becomes worst, talk yourself in circles about who does what or how good it;s working, but the reality is drunkship gets worst by the day, if you refute that then I am done with this conversation. If you want to be a moderator thats perfectly cool with me and everyone else to, just actually moderate outside of expecting people to report shit. Drunkship needs some straightening out and you guys have been punked around by under age kids for a very long time now.

Get somebody in crunkship who will do more then fallow around reports. Those kids act like fucking animals cause moderation is very minimal there. if there was more, people wouldn't act so damn crazy.

I honestly don't care where you put the mods, just get a moderator in drunkship who can clean the place up. Drunkship is in need of something drastic, it's sad you guys are still on this fallow around reports kick.

when i say clean up, I don't mean closing a few posts to make it look like you guys actually did something.

#8 Go to bed Jessica!

Go to bed Jessica!

Ring-Mod

• Members
  • 10682 posts
  • Joined 06-December 04

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

I'm not sure I see what the site suggestion is here.

So maybe some mods need to be pulled out of drunkship and a few mods who will actually clean it up should be left.

actually read the entire post next time

this is pretty much the point I am making outside of the suggestion, most of you moderators are worthless.

you do realise that most of those people were only just made drunkship mods in the last few days, don't you?

#9 firstrays123

firstrays123

• Members
  • 10329 posts
  • Joined 23-May 04

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

yes, I do and I am charting the progression of that place, which is on a downhill slope. I'm not the only one who see's this, I just know a shit load of people who use the coma who all talk about the same fucked up problems in drunkship.

#10 Go to bed Jessica!

Go to bed Jessica!

Ring-Mod

• Members
  • 10682 posts
  • Joined 06-December 04

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

when i say clean up, I don't mean closing a few posts to make it look like you guys actually did something.

then what, specifically, do you mean? you're being pretty vague here dude.

#11 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Interests:I should have loved a thunderbird instead; <br />At least when spring comes they roar back again.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

also it is clear from your posts that you have no idea what it is like to try and moderate in the drunkship, because if you did your posts would be completely different. one of the largest drunkship problems is reactions to any moderation. for every single threat that is closed between 3 and 8 jump up to take its place because the 'regulars' are offended that we would do anything to their little coma haven. if you had ever experienced the severe backlash to moderating in the drunkship you might understand how futile it can become and how disheartening it can be to watch a place you love spiral deeper into a shithole and that there is no simple solution that involves maintaining the drunkship in its current form. every move the moderators make has to be thought out carefully in terms of impact and retaliation because rarely can a single act go unnoticed without a large thread denouncing the moderators and bringing attention to how crap they are.

half the people complain about not enough moderators, so we add moderators who are active and willing to make this place better.....and then other people create threats saying that there are too many moderators and nothing is being accomplished.

if everything we do is going to warrant some ridiculous complaint why should anyone take these suggestions seriously?

#12 Mind Riot

Mind Riot

From the Ice Age, To The Dole Age

• Members
  • 10692 posts
  • Joined 12-February 05
  • Interests:music:<br /><br />making<br />listening<br />appreciating<br />loving

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:42 PM

of course moderation works, but the only user who actually knows this is whorepresents?

who would make a great mod

are there any other british mods?

I sense some discrimination.

#13 ZeMaster

ZeMaster

open the wound/let it pore

• Members
  • 6625 posts
  • Joined 28-March 05

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

of course moderation works, but the only user who actually knows this is whorepresents?

who would make a great mod

are there any other british mods?

I sense some discrimination.

#14 Carruthers

Carruthers

GRAWRRR IM A GRIZZLY BEAR

• Members
  • 8481 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03
  • Interests:Me and you.<br />Your momma and your cousin, too.
  • Myspace

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

ban anavidovic and possibly rana rojo

#15 Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*

Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

"A little more moderation would be good. Of course, my life hasn't exactly been one of moderation." - Donald Trump

#16 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:40 PM

i spend 99% of my coma time in the drunkship and have for about 4 years now. what is it that i don't get?

#17 Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*

Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

Can't you just transfer Drunkship to the pwnatorium? And let all the crazies do what they want there?

#18 whorepresents?

whorepresents?

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 20199 posts
  • Joined 08-May 05

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:36 PM

Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.
W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965)

It's a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.
Roberto Benigni (1952 - )

#19 Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*

Guest_Mr. Krinkle_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

meh i prefer my donald trump quote.

msg to theory "YOUR FIRED!" - donald trump!

#20 Seyon

Seyon

High Five! ヘ( ^o^)ノ\(^_^ )

• Members
  • 5026 posts
  • Joined 29-August 04
  • Interests:CrossFit, Video Games, Awesome fucking music
  • Facebook

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:16 AM

The moderators in Drunkship have always been there (except Dominick who just got the upgrade). The reason you only just now see all of those names under "forum led by" is because they are the only mods who get reports from the Drunkship forum. So, in actuality, there hasn't been any more moderation added other than a few much-needed changes that occured over the course of the summer, which only partially had to do with Drunkship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users