IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Have Your SaySeriously there is no reason to close this

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 MeccaRoy

MeccaRoy

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1667 posts
  • Joined 05-February 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:49 AM

i think mod elections would be good. i mean after the election they could have a 2 week trial period where they could do what they want and if it's not working out then they dont get in. Plus it would spice things up a little.

#42 Renz Talk End

Renz Talk End

Scrape your knee, it is only skin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5162 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:52 AM

I don't really see the need to spice anything here up. It's not an entertainment website, it's a fansite.

#43 Crashtest

Crashtest

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:55 AM

Lol, you people have way too much fucking time on your hands... It's a forum on the INTERNET, get the fuck over it, lol
Who cares.. as far as I can see the mods are doing a fine job... these election ideas are bullshit and if you find kicks in "spicing up" a forum, then well... fuck you need to get a life or a hobby

#44 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06
  • Interests:Guitar<br />SNES<br />Movies<br />Music<br />blahlblahblahlah

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:00 AM

Lol, you people have way too much fucking time on your hands... It's a forum on the INTERNET, get the fuck over it, lol
Who cares.. as far as I can see the mods are doing a fine job... these election ideas are bullshit and if you find kicks in "spicing up" a forum, then well... fuck you need to get a life or a hobby

cool

#45 Crashtest

Crashtest

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:03 AM

cool

Yes, very cool

#46 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:05 AM

i hope you guys realize im not all like
" MAN IM SO PISED OFF THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE IT NEEDS CHANGE IM DISGUSTED AND ANGRY "
im more like yeah lol
lets have somethign different it could be cool lol

lol
http://www.thecomato...showtopic=93056

serious business

#47 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5211 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05
  • Interests:MUSIC

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:28 AM

dood- the coma has been messed up lately. who cares if some topics are closed dood- they are meant for a quick, good laugh not to be up for ever. and its the internet, come on. are you really truely upset about stuff like a topic being closed. seriously- wakeup. its not a big deal. stop fighting the power on a forum and move it to somewhere useful.

my first act as moderator would be banning everyone who talks like this

but he has somewhat of a point. Yall should spend your time writing to your congress about Darfur or some shit. Better yet, why we should elect Steven Colbert to fix our country after going downhill since 2000. Or working your way to Level 43...better yet LEVEL 44

#48 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:30 AM

dood- the coma has been messed up lately. who cares if some topics are closed dood- they are meant for a quick, good laugh not to be up for ever. and its the internet, come on. are you really truely upset about stuff like a topic being closed. seriously- wakeup. its not a big deal. stop fighting the power on a forum and move it to somewhere useful.

my first act as moderator would be banning everyone who talks like this

but he has somewhat of a point. Yall should spend your time writing to your congress about Darfur or some shit. Better yet, why we should elect Steven Colbert to fix our country after going downhill since 2000. Or working your way to Level 43...better yet LEVEL 44

can still do all that while doing this HAHAHA
ps im 88 now but i dont feel like getting my name changed

#49 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5211 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:43 AM

cot damn, you should message nardo about changing it

88 has a nice ring to it

#50 Carruthers

Carruthers

GRAWRRR IM A GRIZZLY BEAR

• Members
  • 8481 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03
  • Interests:Me and you.<br />Your momma and your cousin, too.
  • Myspace

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:48 AM

hey level fourty two swordmaster

why don't you start your own board if you are so goddamn bored and annoyed with what happens on this one

this is not your little project to SPICE UP whenever you damn well feel like it

you are a child and your view on how things should be run is childish

#51 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:58 AM

why don't you start your own board if you are so goddamn bored and annoyed with what happens on this one

actually im not that annoyed with how things are around here, and i don't really care too much on if there is any change or not, i just think it's a half decent idea to have elections and some updates to the guidelines.

i just think it could be a little better

im not that adamant on changing stuff. lots of people deserve to be mods that haven't gotten the chance and some change is always nice

#52 Carruthers

Carruthers

GRAWRRR IM A GRIZZLY BEAR

• Members
  • 8481 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03
  • Interests:Me and you.<br />Your momma and your cousin, too.
  • Myspace

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:18 AM

lots of people deserve to be mods that haven't gotten the chance and some change is always nice

name three

#53 feelsgoodman

feelsgoodman

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 5211 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:19 AM

Posted Image

#54 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:24 AM

lots of people deserve to be mods that haven't gotten the chance and some change is always nice

name three

Off of the top of my head, I think thegrouch, firstrays (although i do think he was mod for a little bit once?), and flipzoso. although i disagree with them a lot, they'd be great at laying down the law. on top of that, they all contribute a lot to the board. overall they'd be fair, decent mods

#55 flipzoso

flipzoso

ZK

• Party Members
  • 7105 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:04 AM

I duno but Seyon is like the best mod ever. He should be perma-mod.

#56 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

yeah, all current mods would autimatically perma-mods

#57 Sara

Sara

dead so i've played to merely turn him on

• Members
  • 13615 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03
  • Interests:I should have loved a thunderbird instead; <br />At least when spring comes they roar back again.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:04 AM

ILU. <3

seyon and STE were chosen as moderators because they are big contributors and are doing their jobs and doing it well. it might look easy but moderating is sadly not as enjoyable and simple as it might seem. especially when you have 10,000 people to look after and stand up to when you make moderating decisions. or even just a core group of 40 or 50 people who scrutinize your every choice. also i can't imagine what kind of work would actually get accomplished if the moderating team is a constant revolving door. the best team can work together for long periods of time and develop rhythms. shifting new people in and out does not seem ideal in any way. we are here because we love the coma and want to shape it and make it something that will last. the reality is that it is impossible to make every single one of you happy...so get over it. you aren't going to like everything that is done here but you are all free to take up every issue with one or all of the moderators. you aren't being ignored and we do listen and discuss your opinions. you can report posts or just contact one of us directly. the point of the forum isn't to be spiced up..the whole concept sounds incredibly lame to me but you might think otherwise. it's a good thing we're separate people and can have our own individual opinions. a lot of the current board changes have been requested by users like the side projects forum and spoiler forums for the new albums. without the multitude of subforums we have (which were set into place to aid navigation and ease of members) this place would be chaos.

if you are upset about the closed threads then we can make it so none of you can see them...but we most often leave closed threats there because it keeps people from making the same threat 3 or 5 times because they think the server ate it or it just suddenly disappeared like MAGIC. so you don't want closed threats but you insist on making the same threat over and over? someone will have to compromise because you can't have it both ways.

ps - site suggestions isn't just for moderators/admin. it's suggestions you think will make the site better. so...logically this threat belongs in site suggestions because it is.....suggestions for the site.

#58 jTrippy

jTrippy

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 26-August 07

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

I sort of have to agree -- there's so many closed topics and subcategorization and bullshit... it's hard to keep track. Someone posts a perfectly legit thread and instead of a discussion ensuing, you get a half dozen people noting that it's in the wrong subforum. Look at the sheer number of closed topics on this forum! You can't talk about the new album on this forum -- that's for Shrouded in Veils. You can't talk about Omar's new solo stuff -- that's for side projects. You can't talk about the new concert -- that's for Rapturous verbatim. All you can do is rehash the same old shit. It's retarded.

I commented on the subcategories, but let's take a look at the closed topics. Let's look at how many there are on the front page, and why they were closed.

8. That's a pretty good amount. But why were they closed?

1. lv42's thread. Well, this thread negates the closing of that thread, since I've decided to leave this one open.

2. The New Tracks - Thread made by a person wanting to discuss the new tracks. Could have easily searched the forum to find the TBIG section. Although I do think there should be some official announcement telling people where to go.

3. OH MY GOD! - Spam thread.

4. The Mars Volta Wikipedia entry - Thread about a little edit to the Wiki page that said "We love you all." There's nothing to discuss.

5. Ultimate-Guitar.com Article - They were posting information more than likely gathered from this site. All old news.

6. Cedric on Dancing with the Starts - .....

7. Early Leak..... - Thread about OiNK being raided.

8. Two Questions for Theory - Two questions that he probably can't answer, both in regards to TBIG, and they already have threads in the TBIG section.

I don't see any bullshit censorship here.

The comment was not directed at your savvy as a moderator. It was more a statement about the general attitude and absurdity of this forum. It's marked by an undeserved sense of elitism, unfunny "inside jokes," ridiculous sub-directories, mean-spiritedness, and a lack of direction. Not to mention an extra chromosome.

#59 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

get over it.

NO YOU GET OVER IT

#60 lv42swordmaster

lv42swordmaster

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

im sorry i have to revisit this post
i actually am a child, this is the truth
im seventeen
but since when are democratic views childish?
also, why can't this place be a democracy? i don't see why it has to be run the way it is

you wanted three people who i think should be mods, and i gave you them
i want three reasons why this place shouldn't have elected mods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users