IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

No Future for Chloe

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

is this Omar & company?

#2 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

in•ter a•li•a•moms

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me be about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:22 PM

Don't think it is, but its a pretty strong mimicking of the style.

#3 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:14 AM

i'm on the fence too, but the uploader has an odd penchant for fringe volta-related material. i'm not familiar with the sources of the Cedric 'mini-cassette' recording, the ORL & JF 'Space Jam', or the ZAVALAZ studio footage. 

i think i'd have an easier time answering this for myself if i could get any of the songs on this "No Future for Chloe" myspace to play. https://myspace.com/nofutureforchloe

#4 TL_

TL_

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2464 posts
  • Joined 11-October 10

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:29 AM

i'm on the fence too, but the uploader has an odd penchant for fringe volta-related material. i'm not familiar with the sources of the Cedric 'mini-cassette' recording, the ORL & JF 'Space Jam', or the ZAVALAZ studio footage. 

i think i'd have an easier time answering this for myself if i could get any of the songs on this "No Future for Chloe" myspace to play. https://myspace.com/nofutureforchloe

ORL & JF 'Space Jam'?

#5 patsyinclined

patsyinclined

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8915 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
  • Interests:Cross dressing
    gang bangin

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:30 AM

p sure this is just some russian fan's account. perhaps their own music inspired by volta? the ZAVALAZ footage is from instagram i think, the space jam is from a live show (possibly the one with flea), i don't think the mini-cassette is actually cedric either.

here is the space jam if anyone can identify it

#6 A.N.Other

A.N.Other

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2980 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

p sure this is just some russian fan's account. perhaps their own music inspired by volta? the ZAVALAZ footage is from instagram i think, the space jam is from a live show (possibly the one with flea), i don't think the mini-cassette is actually cedric either.

here is the space jam if anyone can identify it

It's a fragment from Omar/John/Flea performance at the Knitting Factory in 2004.

I'm more curious about the HD footage of Roulette Dares from the Electric Ballroom. Would've really liked to have the whole show in such quality.

#7 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3837 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

sounds like a good mimic

#8 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:13 PM

is this Omar & company?

Wasn't this mentioned by Cedric, on his youtube channel, to be fake when 1s2pwfb (or something like that) was leaked?

edit: Mataxia will know one way or another

#9 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

As odd as it sounds, I think the drumming is the biggest telltale that it’s not Omar. It doesn’t sound as tight as the type of drummer Omar would usually work with. Plus, the guitar is a little more generic than what Omar does. It’s an easy style to emulate, but almost impossible to genuinely replicate.

#10 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4488 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

I listened to this yesterday and could've sworn it was Omar. Then I listened again, and something does seem a bit off. The red flag for me is the goofy guitar fill occurring at :30. It sounds like the guy didn't really have any ideas but just went for it. Omar, for all his ridiculousness, rarely plays unpurposefully. Of course, that could just be why this never saw release...

#11 hbk111

hbk111

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2846 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

Fake.

#12 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:23 AM

I'm more curious about the HD footage of Roulette Dares from the Electric Ballroom. Would've really liked to have the whole show in such quality.

good question.

#13 radiognome

radiognome

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 09-April 14

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:03 AM

Reminds me of the time I found a torrent for an Omar album I had never heard of but it ended up just being a band from Russia.

#14 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3071 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:02 PM

not real, no future is the band name - the track is hummania. they recorded an ep in 09 and thats it

#15 vacuumo

vacuumo

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

Omar, for all his ridiculousness, rarely plays unpurposefully. 

what do you mean?

#16 xpgno

xpgno

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4488 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:13 PM

Omar, for all his ridiculousness, rarely plays unpurposefully. 

what do you mean?

The riff at the :30 I mentioned is similar to the kind of freak out thing Omar does – that ejaculatory spew of notes thing. However, there is a qualitative difference between that and this. Defining the differences in a precise way is probably impossible, but the comparison that comes to mind is this live video of Regenbogen von Stelen Prostitutees. At points where the jam is clearly flagging (18:00) Omar comes of out of left field with spastic playing that almost cross the line into absurdity, but, I would argue, doesn't, just by virtue of – whatever, the je ne sais qoui of whatever makes Omar Omar.

Now you got me writing a fuckin essay  :tongue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users