IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

The Smashing PumpkinsGreatest band from the middle 90-s

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic

#1301 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13717 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

The impending Smashing Pumpkins reunion will not include founding bassist D'arcy Wretzky. She said that the other three members have decided to use someone else for a tour that she added will happen beginning in July.
“My apologies to all of the Smashing Pumpkins fans out there who are excited about this oncoming reunion tour of the original members of the band," she said via text to Blast Echo. "I know this is a huge disappointment for me, as well, but it’s not going to happen [with me]. I only just found about yesterday that the band has decided to go with a different bass player.”

#1302 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:33 PM

The impending Smashing Pumpkins reunion will not include founding bassist D'arcy Wretzky. She said that the other three members have decided to use someone else for a tour that she added will happen beginning in July.
“My apologies to all of the Smashing Pumpkins fans out there who are excited about this oncoming reunion tour of the original members of the band," she said via text to Blast Echo. "I know this is a huge disappointment for me, as well, but it’s not going to happen [with me]. I only just found about yesterday that the band has decided to go with a different bass player.”

That's sad, but I don't think she's played in a band for 20 years now right? Prob doesn't have the skills anymore.

#1303 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 13717 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

It's seems her life has been very chaotic during the last ten years

After many years out of the spotlight, Wretzky resurfaced in July 2009 by calling in unexpectedly on Chicago's Q101 FM with Ryan Manno.[18][19][20] During the interview, she stated that she was not healthy enough to be a musician, and repeatedly professed her admiration for Monkees frontman Davy Jones who was known to be an early romantic crush of Wretzky's. She also discussed her appreciation for the band Silversun Pickups who have a sound influenced by the early Gish era of The Smashing Pumpkins . She also mentioned that she then lived on a farm in Michigan, that she had briefly lived in Austin, Texas, sometime during the previous decade, and that former fiancé Wendell Green had died.[18]

Wretzky was jailed in February 2011 for missing four court dates related to a ticket she received for failing to control her horses.[21] She spent six days in jail.[22] She was also arrested on February 7, 2011, on a misdemeanor drunken-driving charge in South Haven, Michigan.[23]

In 2013, Wretzky's relationship with Corgan remained tense.[24] In September 2014, she tried to re-establish contact with him.[25]

In 2016, Wretzky revealed that she is working on her own music, release dates or recording still remains unknown as of 2017.

In August 2016, Billy Corgan posted a video to Facebook acknowledging that he and Wretzky had recently reestablished communication saying "I’ve been in communication with D’arcy for the first time in 16 or 17 years, it’s awesome to have my friend back." Corgan emphasized that this did not necessarily mean the band was getting back together instead insisting "my primary interest in the old band was us having good relationships again."[26]

#1304 crawlinginpasta

crawlinginpasta

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts
  • Joined 26-March 16

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

https://www.instagra...=williampcorgan

"Sometimes rock and roll has its costs. But it does occur to me sitting here that my aim is to make peace with my family first, and then spend whatever time I have left here making peace with God #loveisallyouneed"

#1305 hui43210

hui43210

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts
  • Joined 04-June 08

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

"Sometimes rock and roll has its costs. But it does occur to me sitting here that my aim is to make peace with my family first, and then spend whatever time I have left here making peace with God #loveisallyouneed"

The follow up to that post

#1306 crawlinginpasta

crawlinginpasta

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts
  • Joined 26-March 16

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

new song 'Solara' sounds like something from Zeitgeist

#1307 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4153 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:09 PM

first song with James Iha since 2001

#1308 crawlinginpasta

crawlinginpasta

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts
  • Joined 26-March 16

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:20 AM

Machina is getting re-mixed/re-released soon with its originally intended double-album tracklisting. Should be good! Billy's been posting about it on Instagram.

43779109_2243757565870154_81418169334922

#1309 kev821

kev821

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:54 AM

The new albums out, it pretty quick listen im digging silvery sometimes and marching on the most

#1310 Andrewf

Andrewf

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4153 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:54 PM

not a fan but i really liked this reunion album. anyone can recommend what's the most similar to this from the back catalogue?

#1311 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • 13717 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:26 PM

Rolling Stone: After 27 Years, Billy Corgan Finally Reunites With Stolen ‘Gish’ Guitar.
https://www.rollings...-guitar-790482/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users