IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Mars Volta vinyl

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#21 Marsbag

Marsbag

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2446 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:23 AM

I'm sure you can find these albums online.Recentley I found a sealed silver 2lp of de-loused at AMOEBA in hollywood for $100 bucks.
The best $100 bucks I've ever spent.I'm still missing FRANCES and the live album................It's not alway's all about the sound.Yes vinyl does sound different mainly because all experiences are unique.Whatever is recorded will sound different each single time.I love all sound mediums.

i bought scabedates for 25bucks at my local record store. idk if its out of print or not.

only volta album i own on vinyl though :sad:

cant wait for those re releases though :wink:

#22 mongeese

mongeese

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-October 06

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:14 AM

uh i have deloused, frances, and amputechture on vinyl, each new and sealed, each bought locally for 25-35 dollars. you guys aren't looking hard enough.

#23 donoftheslums

donoftheslums

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined 18-August 07

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:37 AM

cause he hates smash mouth or something.

He's been listening to too much Yellowcard and bands like that.

i forgot yellowcard ever existed.

they were horrible.

#24 donoftheslums

donoftheslums

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined 18-August 07

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:39 AM

i got deloused for twenty bucks, and frances for about thirty after tax.

i've been meaning to get amp, it's usually eighteen everywhere i look. and i need to get scabdates.

i really want bedlam, but fifty bucks....

i need to save some money.

#25 FrancessecnarF

FrancessecnarF

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

uh i have deloused, frances, and amputechture on vinyl, each new and sealed, each bought locally for 25-35 dollars. you guys aren't looking hard enough.

Wow that really helps.. a lot! Thanks again! .... :closedeyes:

i've been meaning to get amp, it's usually eighteen everywhere i look. and i need to get scabdates.

Those aren't bad prices. Where?

#26 FrancessecnarF

FrancessecnarF

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

You know I've wondered why Bedlam is so f'ing expensive..? Anybody?

#27 OmarChangedMyLife

OmarChangedMyLife

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 19-September 08

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

You know I've wondered why Bedlam is so f'ing expensive..? Anybody?

2 LPs plus a bonus custom shaped record. Two different artists for cover art. And it being released by Universal.

#28 luislasports

luislasports

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 31-July 08

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

wow. i walked into amoeba like 5 times and i thought about getting deloused, but its way too much. im kind of a newbie to buying wax, but my limit on any record is 40. then it was gone and i had a sad..lol. then i saw a used copy like a week later up on the wall for 60, still outta my price range. and now its getting repressed! woot woot.

as for whoever was talking crap about vinyl, no we are not 'stook in the 70s' hah. gotta say im just an audiophile and i love the analog recording, which maintains most of the original qualities of the recording. with a nice set of speakers, nothing can top a vinyl. cd versions tend to be mixed in a way so that the music is loud and stands out, and in the process loses a lot of the low and high ends, and you end up with death magnetic. lol.

#29 diegokobe

diegokobe

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 18-May 09

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

I bought the Bedlam one in Amazon when it said "1 left more on the way" and now it says "1-3 weeks" , but mine is already travelling to my south american location :)

#30 deftonium1123

deftonium1123

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 21-December 04

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

I'm sure you can find these albums online.Recentley I found a sealed silver 2lp of de-loused at AMOEBA in hollywood for $100 bucks.
The best $100 bucks I've ever spent.I'm still missing FRANCES and the live album................It's not alway's all about the sound.Yes vinyl does sound different mainly because all experiences are unique.Whatever is recorded will sound different each single time.I love all sound mediums.

I can still get scabdates new if anyone needs.

#31 warrenoates

warrenoates

Hi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5481 posts
  • Joined 21-June 09

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:33 AM

i don't buy vinyl because the only turntable i have is from like 1970 and doesn't work. and i am not a collector, so i have no use. but of course sound quality is better on vinyl. the only downside to vinyl is portability. you can't listen to vinyl in your car or on your ipod. which is why i prefer CDs.

if i had a working turntable, you bet i'd buy two of each release. one vinyl for home listening, and one cd for my pod.

vinyl has better quality, digital/cd has better usability.

but vinyl has the collector's appeal as well.

i might start looking around for either a repair man for my turntable or a replacement. then i'll partake in these vinyl hunts. but for now cds will have to do haha

#32 Jack Austin Gilbert 7

Jack Austin Gilbert 7

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1308 posts
  • Joined 15-April 07
  • Interests:Unanimous wedge, baby

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

I've got the yellow Tremulant, glow-in-the-dark Frances, orange/white Amputechture and pre-ordered the white Octahedron. Still have to pick up the silver De-Loused, picture disc Scab Dates, and red/black Bedlam.

I <3 Volta vinyl :biggrin:

#33 ChickenMcNuggets

ChickenMcNuggets

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 10-April 04

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

I have yellow Tremulant, Picture disk Scabdates, Televators EP that is small and clear blue i think, the Live ep small and clear blue ( or maybe I have those 2 backwards), a large picture disk that I think is also the televators EP, Omar's A Manual Dexterity vol 1., all 3 Defacto Albums plus another Megaton Shotblast that's colored Gray instead of Green.....and I think that's it.

The defacto ones are my favorites. Legend of the 4-tailed scorpion is gray/white/black splatter thing and How do you dub? is clear blue, plus the like grafitti-splattered green of Megaton Shotblast.

#34 hmmmshai_hulud

hmmmshai_hulud

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:06 AM

I have them all, cept that damn Goliath Promo Australian boot 12". Someone wanna trade?

#35 Lagtone

Lagtone

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Joined 28-February 07

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

I have bedlam (red/black) and pre order Octa. don' kno why. I don't even own a turntable

#36 Inertiatic Vonnegut

Inertiatic Vonnegut

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 16-December 03

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Here's what Mars Volta vinyl I have:

Tremulant (yellow 12")
Deloused (w/story book),
Inertiatic Esp (blue 10" & 12" pic disc),
Televators (yellow 10" & 12" pic disc),
Frances The Mute
Frances The Mute (green single b/w Window Live & 12" pic disc)
Amputechture
Bedlam In Goliath

I think the only other official vinyls I'm missing are Deluxe Frances and L'Via pic disc (b/w Bible & Breathalyzer)

oh, and Octahedron is already preordered.

#37 Pumps

Pumps

Simulacrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Joined 15-November 07

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

i wouldnt sell my frances for all the souls in the world

#38 funkiknight

funkiknight

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 22-March 09

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:09 AM

I just ordered a glowie frances because it was a lot cheaper than I had ever seen it on ebay, but when it arrived it was SEALED unlike what the description said it was... I really want to open and look at it and play it but i don't know what to do... I mean, i collect the vinyls for my enjoyment not to keep and sell later so I would never buy a sealed copy, but opening one up is a whole different story...

#39 hmmmshai_hulud

hmmmshai_hulud

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 29-June 03

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

I just ordered a glowie frances because it was a lot cheaper than I had ever seen it on ebay, but when it arrived it was SEALED unlike what the description said it was... I really want to open and look at it and play it but i don't know what to do... I mean, i collect the vinyls for my enjoyment not to keep and sell later so I would never buy a sealed copy, but opening one up is a whole different story...

If you look in the middle you should see the Frances 12" packed in the middle. If it's there, it's the glow. If you do not see it i would
recommend opening it to verify.

#40 drunkship123

drunkship123

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3021 posts
  • Joined 16-January 07

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

DUDE THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE IN SOUND BETWEEN A VINYL OR CD. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THOSE ELITIST VINYLYIST WHO ARE STILL STOOK IN THE 70'S. VINYL IS INFEIOR. WHY DO YOU THINK CD'S REPLACED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? GIVE YOU A CLUE IT WASN'T BECAUSE THE SOUND WAS WORSE. IN FACT IT WAS PROBABLY BETTER. NO CRACKLE OR POPS. SO PLEASE STOP WITH THE VINYL IS BETTER THAN CD'S OR WHATEVER ELSE BECAUSE IT QUITE CLEARLY IS NOT. PEOPLE JUST NEED TO MAKE THAT CRAP LIES UP BECAUSE OTHERWISE THEY'RE LEFT WITH AN INFERIOR PRODUCT THAT THEYVE WASTED LOADS OF MONEY ON. IDIOTS.

Epic fail.

cds were made to save space. idiot. dipshit. dipfuck. cunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users