IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Queens of the Stone Age / QOTSA

• Please log in to reply
1170 replies to this topic

#41 PageofConcrete

PageofConcrete

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 04-July 03
  • Interests:Reading, Playing Guitar, Writing Poetry, Watching Films, Listening to Albums, Growing Up.

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:39 AM

They didn't break up, Josh Homme is recording the new Queens record right now. He says it's the best shit he's ever done. I seriously can't wait for a new Queens record with only Homme's voice on it.

-Steve

#42 OneWeak

OneWeak

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 12-June 04

Posted 28 August 2004 - 09:17 AM

oh haha im a dumbass,i got my like sources all mixed up,but thats fuckin great! that josh is in the band,hes one of my favorite vocalist.thats too bad for nick tho,he was cool.

#43 Solaris

Solaris

Custom Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12417 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:44 AM

i like qotsa, i've seen them twice

#44 igt

igt

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Joined 02-November 03

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:49 AM

Songs for the deaf is a must have album.

View Post

it is.
I love QOTSA :happy:

#45 Tabitha

Tabitha

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4050 posts
  • Joined 21-October 03

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:50 AM

i like qotsa, i've seen them twice

View Post

#46 Matt EW (the haunt of)

Matt EW (the haunt of)

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 18-January 04
  • Interests:“People do not like a tough person unless he is their tough person”<br><br> This quote is true. People will go out of their way to be nice to someone who is “tough.” This is because it is easier to have that person on your side then against you. A tough person can be a real pain unless they are aligned with you, and they are your tough person.<br> I have dealt with this in real life with my Uncle Jimmy. He is a very tough guy. He wear’s wife-beaters, watches Nascar, and drinks heavily. Needless to say he has a short fuse, and is not afraid to: “put that woman in her place.”<br> I’ve learned throughout life it is just easier to be nice to Uncle Jimmy, even when he is drunk and being mean for no reason. This lesson was not easily learned however. I can remember one time when I was 9, on a hot summer day in July, I asked my Uncle Jimmy for a glass of lemonade, so he busted my lip open. Now this seemed a bit unfair, since he had just made a full pitcher, so I pointed that out. He told me little bastards weren’t allowed to drink lemonade, and preceded to dump the lemonade down the sink and kick me in the ribs.<br> Over the years I experienced more of the same. I experienced some black eyes after multiple “wanting to use the bathroom incidents.” Or some missing teeth from the time I told him Macho Man could beat Hulk Hogan. One day though, I had an epiphany, somewhat like the quote above. I had to make Uncle Jimmy like me. I had to stop disagreeing and arguing with him and making silly requests like “something to eat.” I just had to mind my manners and do what I was told. It was easier to swallow my pride and agree with Uncle Jimmy, then have him assert his toughness all the time. <br> My Uncle Jimmy soon picked up on my new behavior after an event when he dumped steaming hot Macaroni and Cheese on my lap, and I simply apologized and left the room. I didn’t think asking for a fork was mouthing off, but apparently he did, so I did the easy thing and simply agreed with him, not wanting to deal with his “tough” attitude.<br> My new approach work, Uncle Jimmy was my tough guy. We became best of friends. Now I got to watch Uncle Jimmy be tough from a different perspective. He taught me how to steal money from hobos, cheat on your taxes, and tell a hooker from cop. He even taught me a game called Squeeze The Snake; I didn’t like that game very much.<br> So I find this quote to be very true. People will go out of their way to be nice to a tough person, to befriend them, because it is easier to do that then deal with their threatening personality. I most definitely learned this over the course of my life thus far. And even though Uncle Jimmy died of lung cancer, I can guarantee that I will never be arrested for soliciting a prostitute.

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:58 PM

Songs For The Deaf is a must-have, just classic. But I still find myself mostly listening to their first album, the self-titled one. Just a really great record all around. Rated R has its moments too.

Saw them live once, it was great, Mark Lanegan came out and was fantastic. Song For The Dead live was one of the coolest moments of my life, so much better then the album version. And goddamn, when they started playing The Sky Is Fallin', I think I just ejaculated right there on some dudes head.

#47 snyprmg

snyprmg

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

• Members
  • 5827 posts
  • Joined 08-July 03
  • Interests:music, Bass, movies, cars, video games, whatever.
  • Facebook

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:19 PM

Im a big fan. I have rated R and songs for the deaf. I think I like songs for the deaf, but the song Better living through chemistry is probably my favorite.

#48 Lime Fetus

Lime Fetus

shoop da whoop

• Members
  • 5279 posts
  • Joined 11-July 03

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:25 PM

So is it pronounced "homes" or "homies?"

#49 turin

turin

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03
  • Interests:Mars Volta!!! lol.<br />Sleeping.<br />Football (soccer to most of you).<br />and music of course.<br />I like playing guitar, and frequenting the pub.

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:04 PM

yeah like most have said, Queens are great. alot of their better songs have included Mark Lannegan though, and he left along with Nick.

I really don't know what to expect for the new album. Nick isnt a particularly great bassist or singer, but hes part of the whole Queens experience really.

#50 hijackthedisco

hijackthedisco

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Joined 11-December 03

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:24 PM

Dave Grohl rocked on Songs for the Deaf.

#51 emailaddressesaremyenemy

emailaddressesaremyenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts
  • Joined 28-December 03
  • Interests:read my posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:43 PM

Anybody know whats in the DVD on the limited edition of Songs For The Deaf?

View Post

ive got everything josh homme has ever done lol!

i loved qotsa, not so sure whats gonna happen with the new album, i mean i loved the songs nick and mark sung on, and now im never gonna hear them live :-(

but i hope its a wonderful album

#52 clipside72

clipside72

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 27-July 03

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:00 PM

QOTSA is amazing, fuck audioslave, wtf were you thinking?

View Post

I got "Raw Power" too you know... That´s really great album.....

View Post

yes, but audioslave kills your crediblity, like mad

View Post

This coming from someone who had a thread on how good the new Used song was? That kills your credibility completely, so give it a rest.

Anyway, QOTSA are fucking great. "Bob," if you don't have it yet you should pick up their self titled first album, it is really good. I am looking forward to the new album, but I am still kind of pissed about Nick and Mark not being on it. Mark Lanegan's voice is too fucking good. In The Fade and Hanging Tree are probably my two favorite QOTSA songs.

#53 Oceanic

Oceanic

Custom Rank

• Members
  • 6252 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
  • Interests:LWOWL

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:02 PM

Daddy's got his gun loaded, got cross-hairs in his eyes.

#54 The Progressive Rock Kid

The Progressive Rock Kid

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 02-July 05
  • Myspace

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:14 AM

Queens is one of my favourite bands. So much power. They have a catalogue bursting with good songs.

#55 swindler

swindler

RON PAUL 08

• Members
  • 8114 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:55 PM

any word on new recordings? My interest in kyuss eventually turns into me listening to a shitload of QOTSA...and trying to decide which i like better. I guess its just a matter of the time when i'm listening to it, and what kind of mood i'm in.

But seriously, these guys rock so damn hard. I need some new music by them, since i dont think I would ever see them live after watching how lackluster they are on stage through some videos.

But man, millionaire makes me want to fight or something. If i played sports again that would definently be in my warm up mix.

#56 snyprmg

snyprmg

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

• Members
  • 5827 posts
  • Joined 08-July 03
  • Interests:music, Bass, movies, cars, video games, whatever.
  • Facebook

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:09 PM

I don't know about any new stuff dropping. But make sure you have all of the Desert Session albums, those are quality stuff.

#57 sektor

sektor

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3717 posts
  • Joined 19-January 04

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

best band ever

#58 Santana

Santana

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2552 posts
  • Joined 18-July 03
  • Interests:tilting at windmills

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:49 PM

they fucking rule

#59 zurich17

zurich17

Nelly Fan #1

• Members
  • 6531 posts
  • Joined 15-January 06
  • Interests:I once had a dream where I was watching tv in the basement of my childhood home, and one of the commercials was for a new batman movie in which batman was a baseball player by day and batman by night. It was titled "Baseball Bat."

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:52 PM

the self titled is killer and doesn't get nearly enough love

#60 Go to bed Jessica!

Go to bed Jessica!

Ring-Mod

• Members
  • 10682 posts
  • Joined 06-December 04

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

Lightning Song, Song For The Deaf, Millionaire etc etc. - these guys pwn my soul.

Pity the Eagles Of Death Metal project doesn't do the same for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users