IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

ORL Projects6.24.16

• Please log in to reply
2972 replies to this topic

#2961 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3260 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

I'm surprised there's been no announcements of any other shows.

im not, unless you know something. they both seem like "charity" shows. omar's from puebla and may know the promoter and clouds hill is clouds hill. i wonder if we're going to get the fabled physical copies at these assorted live dates

#2962 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:18 AM

I really doubt it. Still disappointed at how the whole ipecac releases were handled, given what potential there was.

#2963 Ghost Of Shark Horse

Ghost Of Shark Horse

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1351 posts
  • Joined 15-June 15

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

Wish I could listen to the Amsterdam series on Spotify...  real bummer

#2964 Germn F.

Germn F.

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2433 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:59 PM

I really doubt it. Still disappointed at how the whole ipecac releases were handled, given what potential there was.

I’m surprised you’re surprised. It’s happened several times before. Things are promised and never happen.

#2965 kathygriffin

kathygriffin

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Joined 12-December 06

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:10 AM

I mean, we did get 23 out of 24 digital releases, and we were originally led to believe there would only be 12. So I’d say that was pretty successful. I understand being disappointed about not getting any vinyl, but if you’re still holding out for that at this point, I don’t know what to tell you. That’s just not where anyone’s (Omar or Ipecac) focus is right now.

#2966 Mataxia

Mataxia

Unhydriate

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6823 posts
  • Joined 27-April 05
  • Twitter

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:21 AM

I just wish we got lyrics for these albums. They must have been provided to Ipecac (at least some of them) because they posted the official lyrics for Chi Chi.

#2967 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3955 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:02 AM

lyrics supposed to come out on the box set... 23 albums instead of 12 is pretty neat though. i assume there are 3-4 albums still not released according to ipecac

#2968 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2362 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:03 AM

marcel on drums, bass, keys and percussion. succ on that, deantoni

imagine having hostility toward an amazing artist

that's a yikes from me holmie

#2969 Athleticist

Athleticist

Boxcar Cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2362 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
  • Interests:got a k named chop

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:07 AM

This is the exact attitude that keeps long lulls in tact. be grateful and move on, we have 24 halbums

#2970 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

I’m surprised you’re surprised. It’s happened several times before. Things are promised and never happen.

I mean, we did get 23 out of 24 digital releases, and we were originally led to believe there would only be 12. So I’d say that was pretty successful. I understand being disappointed about not getting any vinyl, but if you’re still holding out for that at this point, I don’t know what to tell you. That’s just not where anyone’s (Omar or Ipecac) focus is right now.

No no guys, that's not what I meant. Sorry for my english. Of course I'm immensely glad for those 23 releases, that's not something I would have dared to wish before it happened.

And I'm not that much of a vinyl guy, so that's not my point either.

It's just... look, an artist releases 23 albums over the course of a year. That kind of stuff might not occur that often, it's huge ! So ok, maybe only a few hundreds of fans were interested in that. Which means the label, the artist, sort of do that for the fans. As a fan, what do I expect ? music of course, that's why I'm here, but also infos, and at least credits, lyrics... ! Like, if each album had a few lines written by Omar to describe when he created the album, with who, in which context, and why the fuck didn't he just remastered the whole USM album. Just to show he cared a little bit. That much would have been enough to me.

At one point in the release serie, it felt like "here's your Omar pill" you know, a bit too much of a consumption society thing (which pill denitely made that year easier to live, for sure).

With better promo, some interviews maybe, a bit of a logic in the order of the releases and a crowdfunding thing to get my cds box set, the whole Ipecac release would have been perfect :afro:

Here we got three videoclips at the begining which was very exciting, but it quickly stopped and turned into an automatic delivery service, kinda soul less.

I must specify that I'm still listening to the compilation CDs I created out of those releases most of the time I spent in my car. So yeah, definitely glad the whole thing happened anyway.

#2971 swan_song1977

swan_song1977

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3260 posts
  • Joined 15-September 08

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

this mon laferte album isn't that bad if you're into salsa - definitely better than that first single

#2972 Andrewf

Andrewf

Tetragrammaton Cleric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3955 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:27 AM

The whole album is produced by omar?

#2973 SnkZato1 Ph.D.

SnkZato1 Ph.D.

Modtourniquet

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5623 posts
  • Joined 29-November 06
  • Interests:Ask me about prison.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:43 PM

Sure on one hand 23/24 (I thought 26 albums?) is great, but in the larger scope of things this whole release was bungled pretty hard.  Promotion got increasingly sloppy, the website wasn't updated on time, planned physical releases never materialized, and then it just stopped without warning.  I guess you can be thankful for what you got, but I can't get over how this whole release window went from slapdash to half-assed.  Not to mention some of these releases were redos of the last of the Sargent House material just mixed properly, shuffled up in tracklisting and put out the door, or that the bass tracks clearly were redone and pretty horridly at times, or hearing the same song multiple times even in the same set of releases.  

I can get being excited by this compilation, but there is no way to argue this was done well.  It was such a clusterfuck in hindsight which really means it was handled in a very Omar way.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users