IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Who is Saul Williams?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tieba

Tieba

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 11-October 03
  • Interests:Pink Floyd, De Facto, ATDI, Aesop Rock, System Of A Down, Blonde Redhead, The MC5, Joy Division, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, Ill Mitch, Interpol, guitar, grums, Ryuichi Sakamoto, computers, stained glass window making, drawing, Molly

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image

Saul Williams is a poet, musician, and actor who toured as The Mars Volta's support for their US tour in the later half of 2003.

Books

Posted Image
She

Posted Image
, Said the shotgun to the head

Films

Posted Image
Slam

Posted Image
K-PAX

Edited by nightmonkey48, 30 June 2005 - 09:13 PM.

#2 hottnikkels

hottnikkels

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7911 posts
  • Joined 07-December 03
  • Interests:Art, Girls, Music

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

Saul Williams discography consists of:

Posted Image

Saul Williams - Amethyst Rock Star

Posted Image

Saul Williams - Saul Williams

This year Saul Williams released his third book of poetry entitled The Dead Emcee Scrolls

Posted Image

Premise behind The Dead Emcee Scrolls:

In the underground labyrinths of New York City's subway system, beneath the third rail of a long forgotten line, Saul Williams discovered scrolls of aged yellowish brown paper rolled tightly into a can of spray paint. His quest to decipher this mystical ancient text resulted in a primal understanding of the power hip-hop has to teach us about ourselves and the universe around us.

Now, for the first time, Saul Williams shares with the world the wonder revealed to him by the Dead Emcee Scrolls.

I have paraded as a poet for years now. In the proc ess of parading I may have actually become one, but that's another story, another book. This book is a book that I have been waiting to finish since 1995. This is the book that finished me. The story I am about to tell may sound fantastic. It may anger some of you who have followed my work. You may feel that you have come to know me over the years, and in some cases you have, but in others, well, this is a confession.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users