IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

are omar and cedric vegans?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 emailaddressesaremyenemy

emailaddressesaremyenemy

Ilyena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts
  • Joined 28-December 03
  • Interests:read my posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:15 PM

Omar is but Cedric is just a vegetarian

#2 cheese_buddha

cheese_buddha

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 19-December 03
  • Interests:Music, drumming, The Mars Volta, Gold Standard Labs.

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:39 AM

I apoligize for not knowing this, what is the difference between being a vegan and being a vegetarian?

#3 nardo

nardo

Lord of the Links

• Dictator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6205 posts
  • Joined 21-July 03

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:12 AM

I apoligize for not knowing this, what is the difference between being a vegan and being a vegetarian?

View Post

Check this out:
http://www.vegan.com/faq.php

#4 boop-oop-a-doop

boop-oop-a-doop

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Joined 14-April 04
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

Norway- Video Interview 2005

Interviewer: Is the whole band vegan?

Cedric: No, just a couple of us.

Interviewer: Why is that?

Cedric: Health reasons really.

Omar: Yeah health reasons.

Interviewer: How does it help?

Omar: It helps your consciousness. It helps your blood pressure. It helps…ah for him (points to Cedric) it helps his singing, it helps his throat. Y’know, diary products are a cause of flem and all this bacteria. It’s one of the number one reasons people get sick and confect diseases because of the disgusting milk and dairy products you eat. So…and a lot of reasons that are beneficial.

Cedric: It’s hard to go completely like…y’know like my shoes have animal in it. Y’know probably some of my..the deodorant I use and stuff, but to try and make your immediate diet, it’s a good start, y’know because one day there ain’t gonna be no more animals. Y’know I don’t even think it’s animals that are being served to people nowadays. These ah..they don’t even have eyes. What, Kentucky Fried Chicken, it’s not even a…

Omar: It’s like some weird form of breeding.

Cedric: Yeah, it’s just one gigantic form of muscle that they mutated, it grows inside of a cage and…

Omar: You people eat it!

Cedric: And then people go, “why is this…why is there this mad cow disease or mad chicken disease” or something. It’s like, well…y’know maybe we’re not supposed to be eating this stuff.

Omar: You people put it in your body!

Interviewer: So when did you start doing this? How did this come about…the idea of….diary products?

Omar: It’s always been around us, I mean I grew up vegetarian and I haven’t eaten meat for about twenty years or something. And y’know, we’ve always been around people who are very conscious of the environment or what they were eating, or y’know all different kinds of things, y’know we’re travelling a lot and we just take from different places y’know, different ideas, because we don’t belong to one religion. Like he (Cedric) said we’re not vegan all the way, we still, y’know have a leather belt and there are some people who are just very much part of a religion and you can’t do this and you can’t do that but we just kinda of ah…walked through life and taked the things, that we think makes sense to us, and applied them to our lives.

Interviewer: That must be quite hard?

Cedric: Yeah it’s hard, but that’s part of the struggle, that’s part of the effort, that’s part of you saying I refuse fucking be part of what you say is normal or what you say we have to be apart of y’know, because I don’t think people realise it’s killing us. Y’know one day your child’s gonna wake up with y’know four eyes literarily, y’know and you’re gonna be like, well it’s because he was drinking milk from a cow, that doesn’t make sense does it, should be drinking milk from your body. But y’know everyone can agree with us about it, it’s each their own.

Omar: We’re not trying to tell anyone how to live or how to eat.

Cedric: It works for us, y’know, it works for us.

Interviewer: You’re probably the most active band around so you need the energy..

Cedric: Yeah.

Edited by Frank the Tank, 07 December 2005 - 01:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users