IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Next release(s): Nov 24th (2)

Release dates

• Please log in to reply
625 replies to this topic

#1 Dandelion

Dandelion

nope

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12809 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:13 AM

________________________ Nov ________________________

24th
Boucle Infinie - 直線移動

At The Drive-In - Diamanté

________________________ Dec  ________________________

1st

The Faceless - In Becoming a Ghost

Intervals - The Way Forward

The Dear Hunter - All Is As All Should Be

________________________ Jan  ________________________

26th
Khruangbin - Con Todo El Mundo

________________________ Feb ________________________

9th
Good Tiger - We Will All Be Gone

#2 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

Streben nach dem Unendlichen

• Members
  • 8447 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

I don't know if anyone likes Beyonce or not, but we really need to discuss the release of her new album. Not the music per se, but the fact that she released it without any marketing whatsoever. I support her decision fully. I would love this to become the norm, you wake up, turn on your computer and bam- an album of your favorite band. Without all that much ado about nothing. It's up to the fans from there on to decide whether to buy or not, what will they do etc. 

#3 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
  • Interests:Being a bitch
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Punching my dick until I can't feel my balls
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

I would definitely NOT like for that to become the norm. The build up for a record adds to the mystery, and excitment leading up to the album. In this specific case for Beyonce though her fans are probably more excited with this surprise rather than the traditional build up so in this case it works perfectly. I love how everyone is approaching releases differently... Daft Punks roll out for RAM was one of the greatest fucking promotional campaigns, shit got me sooo worked up and the album definitely did not disappoint. 

#4 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 9673 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

I agree with the above post

#5 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

the one thing that Beyonces album got me thinking about is the Music Video, and how much we value it... we are getting amazing music videos these days, but weridly enough we actually value them less then when MTV was in their heyday. I rememnber watching music videos on much music/MTV back in like 2001? 2002 ? (this wasn't even the video heyday but videos were still popular) and there was generally an excitement in the air regarding videos and I wish there still was. Music video directors like Canada(check him out) and Romain Gervais would have done amazing things in the MTV 80's generation, this is certinatly not to say they're not doing amazing things now, and the us as the Youtube generation will also be looked back upon fondley just as the MTV generation is looked back upon but I feel as if there is some element of appreciation that is missing. Thoughts?

#6 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

• Members
  • 8447 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Ken I agree with you completely. 

I think there is like a gigantic paradox in that situation, since we are more than ever in an era where the visual aspect has greater impact than before, since we are at the zenith of staring (invasion of pc, internet as the new media) and the phenomena of voyeurism, which comes as a side effect of the social networks (fb), but it seems like when MTV turned 'reality show crap tv' the importance of the video and the 'dramatic persona' or the entertainer was lost, and gave way for mere mortals to become famous, or visually appealing, and then in recent times 'the wall/ the profile' as one's personal visual representation, the everyday's man piece of the cake. 

I was reading Madonna's wiki page , and there is a big portion of social criticism in regards to her becoming Madonna because of the videos. Madonna=videos. 

These are just my scattered thoughts, since I am really tired and all over the place, but I didn't want to leave you hanging with your opinions since I think it's a good topic and I would like to hear more. 

I personally love music videos, and visuals, and it plays a big role in the way I receive and perceive music. 

#7 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Ken I agree with you completely. 

I think there is like a gigantic paradox in that situation, since we are more than ever in an era where the visual aspect has greater impact than before, since we are at the zenith of staring (invasion of pc, internet as the new media) and the phenomena of voyeurism, which comes as a side effect of the social networks (fb), but it seems like when MTV turned 'reality show crap tv' the importance of the video and the 'dramatic persona' or the entertainer was lost, and gave way for mere mortals to become famous, or visually appealing, and then in recent times 'the wall/ the profile' as one's personal visual representation, the everyday's man piece of the cake. 

I was reading Madonna's wiki page , and there is a big portion of social criticism in regards to her becoming Madonna because of the videos. Madonna=videos. 

These are just my scattered thoughts, since I am really tired and all over the place, but I didn't want to leave you hanging with your opinions since I think it's a good topic and I would like to hear more. 

I personally love music videos, and visuals, and it plays a big role in the way I receive and perceive music. 

:notworthy:  Marija knows whats up. (I'm assuming this is your name as I've seen other people call you this) The MTV making normal people stars has defientely had impact on peoples appreciation of music videos/albums. I'm still in awe and love the mystic of bands but a lot of my friends are kinda just turning into unappreciative ass holes when it comes to entertainment. And I tell them if you want movies and music you need to support at least on some level. There is defienetely a strange paradox to the situation and it's kinda just the nature of polarity. You got everyone having access to being able to make music now, everyone being able to film shit so people think that they're as good as peopple who make art, thus appreciation is down. However there are artists doing AMAZING things right now. I'm a big advocate on the importance on appreciating music now and not getting trapped in our parents nostalgic Pink Floyd was the best trap. 

On the bright side for music videos, when Kanye West projects music videos on the side of buildings this gives life back to videos. When Phoenix makes a video dipicting scenes in under 15 seconds or the camera goes black until the next scene, that gives life back to videos. When beyonce releases a fucking album in which every song has a video, this puts the spot light back on videos. 

#8 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

PS. We gotta talk music more I like where your heads at marija

#9 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

• Members
  • 8447 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yes, music is in a very good place right now! And I am kinda very excited since my generation is now coming to take over, since we are all those kids born around 88' (+/- 3 years), and we grew up with a plethora of styles in our life, we had MTV, then we had internet, we were kids in the 90s, teens in the 00s and adults know when you can see a clear mark of the second coming of the 90s and again it's awesome... 

And then I am also happy for all those amazing souls of rock who are now turning 40 or are in their 40s who can still write some god damn good music!

#10 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Do you play yourself? and I really hope a 90s comeback does not start, apart from My Bloody Valentine and Chicago house music I really hate the 90's. ESPECIALLY GRUNGE  :dnw:

#11 SharkHorse

SharkHorse

SharkHorse In The Gene Pool?! Nay!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Joined 30-August 13

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Do you play yourself? and I really hope a 90s comeback does not start, apart from My Bloody Valentine and Chicago house music I really hate the 90's. ESPECIALLY GRUNGE  :dnw:

Sorry to hear that. There is some (IMO) fucking good music from that decade. The Verve, Radiohead etc etc… Maybe it's not cool music now but I grew up as they took off and it was an amazing time to be around. 

#12 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

The 70s and the 90s are probably the best musical decades, overall.

I'm not even sure it's possible to characterize "00's or 10's" music, because with internet streaming and downloading, that monolithic broadcasting and distribution model was lost, and we all just started listening to what we like.

#13 daveion

daveion

El Guapo

• Coma Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3154 posts
  • Joined 01-March 05

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

70's and 00's are the best imo

#14 buddh4sack

buddh4sack

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 08
  • Interests:The Secret of The Widow

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

70's and 00's are the best imo

Well the 00's have the Volta, so they're automatically the best in my book.   I just really don't feel like the 00's had any sort of "signature" sound (e.g. punk, disco, synthpop, grunge, folk etc.)... do you?

#15 MSpatalatanj

MSpatalatanj

• Members
  • 8447 posts
  • Joined 09-March 09

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

I think that was the point of the 00s. Genre Revisited with a twist. The 10s are now, what a music critic somewhere on the internet called it, the new-nostalgia*. I like to call them the new romantix. We surely started to romanticize every single decade there was, we don't necessarily change the game, we just dig our way to the best stuff there is and make it more something (I am missing words).

As Grimes once said in an interview ' I consider myself a curator of all the stuff.'  :smile:

*The link to the article is dead, the name of it was 'Recursive Retro and the New Nostalgia'

#16 Seattleite

Seattleite

Ouroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2793 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

I think that was the point of the 00s. Genre Revisited with a twist. The 10s are now, what a music critic somewhere on the internet called it, the new-nostalgia*. I like to call them the new romantix. We surely started to romanticize every single decade there was, we don't necessarily change the game, we just dig our way to the best stuff there is and make it more something (I am missing words).

As Grimes once said in an interview ' I consider myself a curator of all the stuff.'  :smile:

*The link to the article is dead, the name of it was 'Recursive Retro and the New Nostalgia'

A creative genius. Grimes just recently signed to Jay-z's label, isn't that a trip? I could listen to her talk all day.

#17 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

She has only showered 1-5 times in her life? Or did I not here this right?

#18 sshambles

sshambles

Frances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1223 posts
  • Joined 17-February 05

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

Sounded like it. (Gross btw, clean feels good). No wonder she's named grime(s)...

I think 00's were more known for their continuance of most genres hidden in the 90's, but that said, the mainstay was still rap.
As it was stated in an article today http://www.fasterlou...ovators-of-2013
Under #4 Kitty (Pryde) it states: 

the first of a generation that can’t remember a time before rap dominated the mainstream, that can’t remember the pre-Eminem disdain for white people trying to rap, that can’t remember a time when public and private weren’t just digital shades of grey.

Which is absolute truth. Sad is that music like hers though 'Kitty Pryde' is going to be the next what to listen to. Go back and listen to other things prior, kids.

I used to go to bands ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Now there's just about none around. All split up or moved onto other things.
The sound of music that bands could play music and it could be universally liked or heard all over, is gone.
There's no dominant genre of music bands are playing that everyone is on board of.

#19 KENVOLTA

KENVOLTA

Tremulant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
    Chicks assholes
    Daft Punk
    Cute feet
    Other things

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Is Grimes a bad bitch .? if so should I ploug her

#20 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Baphomet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 27-April 09

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

A few websites offers to download the Black Knights' Medieval Chamber, but then they ask you to give your cellphone number and buy a game or something... is it bullshit? I don't have any cellphone so I can't try and I'm a newbie on downloading leaked albums. But there is this video on youtube with a link in the description, and various users comments on the album. I just don't know if it has leaked already or not ? same with the warpaint album.

I can't wait for those two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users