IPB Style© Fisana

Please donate to gain access to The Bedlam, an ad-free version of the board and more!

Photo

Mars Volta DiscographyErm.... yeah

• Please log in to reply
738 replies to this topic

#701 Bane Fubar

Bane Fubar

Twat.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32781 posts
  • Joined 16-February 07

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

why did you need to quote that whole thing just to ask that?

to draw attention to the question, jackass.

Why do you need to draw attention to someone else drawing attention?

#702 J808BIT

J808BIT

I SMOKE CRACK

• Members
  • 10428 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08
  • Interests:cocaine.
  • Twitter

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

because it's fun to draw.

#703 JSalakka

JSalakka

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 05-August 08

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

I just bought myself a second copy of DITC (had to get it - mint condition, 20 euros! Also bought FTM for 20 ... pretty nice.), and I noticed it's a bit different than the version I already had (it was bought at the time of release in 2003). My old copy of DITC looks the same as this: http://www.discogs.c...?release=224568.

The copy I just got has glossy black inner sleeves and an insert with all the information from the inner sleeves of the "old" version. Also the black outline on the vinyls is thicker than on the old copy. The poster and the sleeve are the same.

Are there many pressings of this album then? What versions you guys have?

"New" version pics:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Comparison of the vinyls:
Posted Image

#704 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

I just bought myself a second copy of DITC (had to get it - mint condition, 20 euros! Also bought FTM for 20 ... pretty nice.), and I noticed it's a bit different than the version I already had (it was bought at the time of release in 2003). My old copy of DITC looks the same as this: http://www.discogs.c...?release=224568.

The copy I just got has glossy black inner sleeves and an insert with all the information from the inner sleeves of the "old" version. Also the black outline on the vinyls is thicker than on the old copy. The poster and the sleeve are the same.

Are there many pressings of this album then? What versions you guys have?

"New" version pics:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Comparison of the vinyls:
Posted Image

where did you buy it from?

#705 JSalakka

JSalakka

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 05-August 08

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

I bought them from this one guy from other forum. I don't know where he had bought them.

#706 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

I bought them from this one guy from other forum. I don't know where he had bought them.

I meant: from which country they came from? Looking at pics and prices you paid for them, I wouldn't be surprised they're fake copies, maybe printed somewhere in central Europe...

#707 sleepwell

sleepwell

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

I have seen copies around on ebay with the black sleeves. Don't believe they're fake. Can't imagine it would be worth the time to press up boots of the metallic vinyl deloused is on. Also the copy I have has the printed sleeves but the vinyl has the extra thick black outline.

#708 JSalakka

JSalakka

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 05-August 08

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

Bought them here in Finland, and I don't think they're fakes. I have both albums as originals and these are exactly the same what comes to the quality. I think the seller didn't know the "true" value, hence the cheap-o-price.

#709 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

It's legit. Seems there are 1000 or 2000 copies around with black sleeves + printed insert.

#710 sleepwell

sleepwell

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a copy of Frances the Mute coming with the Frances the Mute/Widow live promo in a two disc set? Just bought a copy on ebay and it came with the Promo disc only given out at Best Buy. Any info would be appreciated.

#711 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a copy of Frances the Mute coming with the Frances the Mute/Widow live promo in a two disc set? Just bought a copy on ebay and it came with the Promo disc only given out at Best Buy. Any info would be appreciated.

No, there's just the Japanese cd + dvd version, the dvd features 3 live videos taken from Electric Ballroom 2003 gig + Frances The Mute audio track.

#712 sleepwell

sleepwell

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

No, there's just the Japanese cd + dvd version, the dvd features 3 live videos taken from Electric Ballroom 2003 gig + Frances The Mute audio track.

Strange then. Its just weird cause the guy sold it for 12 dollars.

Kitt do you know if the code on the underside of the CD is the same for every release produced in the U.S.? Don't have doubles of any single disc to check on that.

#713 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

Kitt do you know if the code on the underside of the CD is the same for every release produced in the U.S.? Don't have doubles of any single disc to check on that.

What's strange? I don't understand your point.

I *think* the code for the US cd should be the same for every release, because the promo cd w Frances/Widow live was just a free giveaway for those who bought regular FTM album in BestBuy stores, that's it. It's not a proper double cd set.

#714 sleepwell

sleepwell

Televator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

I *think* the code for the US cd should be the same for every release, because the promo cd w Frances/Widow live was just a free giveaway for those who bought regular FTM album in BestBuy stores, that's it. It's not a proper double cd set.

I got that. I find it strange the guy put the two together in a double cd jewel case. thats all.

Another question regarding the Wax Simulacra 7 inch euro promo. Is that legit? The only vinyl missing from my collection. I've only seen it once and lost it at the last second. Still annoyed about missing it.

#715 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

I got that. I find it strange the guy put the two together in a double cd jewel case. thats all.

Another question regarding the Wax Simulacra 7 inch euro promo. Is that legit? The only vinyl missing from my collection. I've only seen it once and lost it at the last second. Still annoyed about missing it.

I got it. Different color fonts, white label album, copies sold just from Netherlands. I'd go with the 100% fake.

#716 Carl

Carl

the broccoli foundation

• Members
  • 10055 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

I got it. Different color fonts, white label album, copies sold just from Netherlands. I'd go with the 100% fake.

no it's real as far as i know. i got it as a promo thing together with bedlam when i bought it back in 2008 (2007? what was it?). maybe it was a holland-only thing?

#717 Kitt

Kitt

Ba da be boopi

• Party Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

no it's real as far as i know. i got it as a promo thing together with bedlam when i bought it back in 2008 (2007? what was it?). maybe it was a holland-only thing?

mmm, I've seen a very few copies around, if you say you got it with the album, then maybe it's another promo giveaway and maybe yes, just for Holland or a few selected stores.

#718 HerbalDelight

HerbalDelight

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 10-December 09

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:53 AM

anyone know where to get a cheap copy of DITC

#719 eyto

eyto

Eunuch Provocateur

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 08-April 07

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

desperate to get an amputechture finally! can anyone help me out?

...been looking forward to get one for years really. disappointed after having lost _another_ ebay bid fight this evening.
they re going for silly money : S

#720 clipsidedeform

clipsidedeform

Miranda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 07-January 05

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:28 AM

anyone know where to get a cheap copy of DITC

found both amputechture and ditc in a used cd store in past cople weeks
bought em